Recruitment 2019 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
That's down to Cappy and the little general who were the attack coaches. I heard some murmurs in the pre-season that Cappy's approach was one-dimensional so hopefully that all changes from now. I agree that improving attack is a must to compliment the defensive efforts of 2018 with innovative ball-playing in 2019 to make the diffence. Both sides of the field!
I'm sure that will be a focus alongside consolidation of defensive gains. Bring on 2019
Saw an article with Blake Green talking about Cappy's "innovative" attacking structure. Green in the middle, SJ on the right, RTS on the left. Horrible, horrible idea. Split halves is one thing, but to then limit your FB to a specific role in attack on top of it......ugh.

ttkk19

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 21, 2013
Saw an article with Blake Green talking about Cappy's "innovative" attacking structure. Green in the middle, SJ on the right, RTS on the left. Horrible, horrible idea. Split halves is one thing, but to then limit your FB to a specific role in attack on top of it......ugh.
sounds interesting, do you have a link?

yeah I can't say I'm a huge fan either tbh. Green to first receiver is fine because he'd be best at straightening the attack. I'd rather RTS be on the end of the set plays rather than at the start of them and would prefer he focuses more on popping up around the middle when he can. Johnson needs to be on both sides as he's too classy an attacking player.

Hopefully Todd Payten can make some changes cause it looks like there's too much similarity with what plays we run and how often we run them.

WarriorBall

All wishful thinking really, Smithy has already made public comments around our salary cap for next season being at capacity.

Even if in the unlikely scenario someone like AFB wanted to come to the Warriors because of the cap issue and the kind of money he’d be chasing you’d need to shop a current starting player or players which obviously poses several problems in an of itself.

Better to rename this thread 2019 Warriors Dream Team for next season.

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 26, 2014
We could back end his contract .
The only question is who goes?
Lisone Satae .Sipley ,Sao all would be on minimum contracts
So after we replace them we still make no money.
So its got to be Harris ,Blair or AhMau I'm guessing
So no thanks from me ..All our boys that got upgrades
Have proved themselves ..

Reactions: D1zWarz and bruce

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2012
Higher than Marty Taupau? Good lord. That I can’t agree with.

He’s a good prop. Best in the NRL? No.

He’d be a good addition but unless it’s the ISP props that go, and remembering they’d be on minimal dough under our cap so replacing them with ADF is further going to hurt the cap,then I wouldn’t do it.

If we have the cap to do it, by all means do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

07 Aug

26 - 22
6.5 Total Avg Rating
6.5 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 23 ratings