Recruitment 2019 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Check out the talent we have coming through..19 years old playing NSW cup & carving.
Weapon. If he keeps developing like this they probably view him and CHT as the long term halves pairing and ease up on the Dylan Brown recruitment drive.

His skills are already at NRL level. Needs to focus on conditioning, his body is not where it needs to be to play first grade yet.

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I see bent eo missed out on the English World Cup squad.
Never liked him but he’s very experienced and could add something if he was interested in moving “home”....

Edit: ben teo- that’s a ripper auto correct- I’m leaving it.

Reaction score

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
What do you guys think about signing Rapana and moving Maumolo to the back row?
Love the idea. My main worry is the loss of having Maumalo carting the ball up as he currently does. If our forward pack had a few more metre eaters (in addition to Maumalo moving there), it could be awesome

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So the Storm look set to retain the big Tino fella and Fifita is either going to stay at Redfern or move to the Eels. Do we actually have anyone lined up or is this whole recruitment thing a fucking joke???

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Love the idea. My main worry is the loss of having Maumalo carting the ball up as he currently does. If our forward pack had a few more metre eaters (in addition to Maumalo moving there), it could be awesome
My thoughts exactly. It would give us some serious power in the back row. Especially if he develops an offload. Exactly what we need. Would make our forward pack more dynamic. Just missing a powerful front rower and we would be sorted.

It might make Kearney change his tactics as well. Not have the back 3 always hit the ball up in the first 3 tackles.

Rapana is 29 now but he is still a class act. Serious finishing ability on the wing. Can't see any negatives to the idea apart from his price tag.

We obviously can't attract any quality forwards so this is the next best option. Improves our pack and back line. Is a shame our one dimensional coach will probably not even consider the idea.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. It would give us some serious power in the back row. Especially if he develops an offload. Exactly what we need. Would make our forward pack more dynamic. Just missing a powerful front rower and we would be sorted.

It might make Kearney change his tactics as well. Not have the back 3 always hit the ball up in the first 3 tackles.

Rapana is 29 now but he is still a class act. Serious finishing ability on the wing. Can't see any negatives to the idea apart from his price tag.
They seemed to make metres when he was out. I agree with moving him particularly after watching some Manu footage, you forget how quick he was...

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I thought Rapana recently re-signed with the Raiders
Not to my knowledge. He signed a 2 year contract in 2017 expiring end of 2019.

Reaction score

Mr Frank White

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Fifita thing is interesting. Esp since they spent ALOT of money upgrading players that were they target of others clubs. Us included.

They may want to keep him, but can they afford to.

* Upgrades to Turpin, Lodge, TPJ and Haas wouldn't have been cheap.

Reaction score

Chchfanatic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Re David Fifita , if this has been the warriors target all along then what they have done with lodge ,Turpin and others is absolute genius. David Fifita is one of the best kids in the game. I’d easily pay big money for him.

Reaction score
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This is our only hope for a shop window that doesn't look like a Sally Army store next door to the Roosters' Hallenstein bros. The waiting is the hardest part but at least there's hope, just quietly.
I hear you there.. it seems like when we go shopping for NRL talent it’s like we’re trying to shop at “Harrods” but all their good shit’s gone, out of stock or somebody’s got what we need on lay-away so we have to settle for the knockoffs section. (I doubt harrods have a knockoff section, but you catch my drift 😜)

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Re David Fifita , if this has been the warriors target all along then what they have done with lodge ,Turpin and others is absolute genius. David Fifita is one of the best kids in the game. I’d easily pay big money for him.
The problem is the Eels have some cash to spend as well especially with Ma'u leaving.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Check out the talent we have coming through..19 years old playing NSW cup & carving.

I have always believed that attack was never a problem. The question has always been about defence. Same in canterbury cup. Its like its all about the scoring tries, not the hard work of stopping them. I would rather watch them stop 4 tries in a row on their goal line personally.

Reaction score
HoRneT041

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Not being funny or anything but why the hell did we sign Niko when we have this kid?
He and CHT would be dynamic in the halves.

Maybe ‘back to the bench’ for Kodi as a good impact player. He probably won’t like that? But no great loss, as he’s proven to be a little predictable as well as not a kicking half, so not worthy of a starting position till he can prove us otherwise? I’m not knocking him just thinking ahead and what’s missing in our formula?

Now’s probably the perfect time to bench kodi more anyway? With his recent run of injuries it’s probably the smarter option with an eye to the future 😉

Reaction score
warriors55

warriors55

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not being funny or anything but why the hell did we sign Niko when we have this kid?

Maybe ‘back to the bench’ for Kodi as a good impact player. He probably won’t like that? But no great loss, as he’s proven to be a little predictable as well as not a kicking half, so not worthy of a starting position till he can prove us otherwise? I’m not knocking him just thinking ahead and what’s missing in our formula?

Now’s probably the perfect time to bench kodi more anyway? With his recent run of injuries it’s probably the smarter option with an eye to the future 😉
Exactly. 14 is Nikorima's best position long term. He would be the best bench utility in the NRL I reckon.
Can't see him being happy with that though.

Reaction score

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

I think the club would say that if by 2021 CHT and one of the young fellas are outplaying Kodi, then Kodi needs to find another club. Worst case warriors pick up some of his 2021 contract $. If Kodi’s game develops and he’s ahead of the young fella, the young fella moves on. I don’t write Kodi off, on that Kiwi tour he was bloody impressive.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

I've always liked young Turner. That clip reminded me of a blend of Stacey & Shaun lol. Staceys chip & chase game was awesome! And that shimmy , Shake, Goosey is SJ like.

He has Stacey & Kakariki to learn off. That's not a bad duo to have in your corner.

Would love to have young Fifita. And Tino. Can't see us getting either.
Ese'ese as well.

But who knows. If we did, This team is in pretty good shape for 2020.

Rts
New Signing
Hiku
Herbert
Fus
CHT
Green/Turner
Ah Mau
Nikorima/Lawton
TIno Fa'asuamaleaui
Harris
Maumalo
David Fifita Junior

Paasi
Afoa/Ese'ese
Tevaga
Papalii/Frei(Convert him into a wide running second rower)

Would love to see that young Fijian have a run in the top side at some point next year. See how he goes. Definately has the speed we need.

Not sure on young Setu Tu. Got burned a few times in the clip that was shared. Looks as slow as Pompey lol.

Reaction score
ja_weez

ja_weez

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
I think the club would say that if by 2021 CHT and one of the young fellas are outplaying Kodi, then Kodi needs to find another club. Worst case warriors pick up some of his 2021 contract $. If Kodi’s game develops and he’s ahead of the young fella, the young fella moves on. I don’t write Kodi off, on that Kiwi tour he was bloody impressive.
Yeah totally agree. Kodi is pretty young as well. Only 25 and has not had many seasons as a first grade half. Still learning his trade

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Go get Caleb Clarke from rugby, got some leaguies in his family and he is big and quick . Always thought the Warriors should have chased hs dad, he woulda made an awesome league centre.

Top Bottom