Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
Expect some more shuffling of reserve graders, but the first team squad is locked in place, its really going to be a now or never season.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Anyone else concerned we have only one signing for next year? Last time I remember that happening was Nathan Friend in 2012 and what a shit season that was...
Perhaps but the current squad has positives with the obvious issues still outstanding.

Never know.......Aaron Woods might nred a fourth club soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
AlexM

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I see what you mean but will hold judgement till after pre season
I think a bunch of young blokes will be next level after another pre season. Satae and Vuna in NRL and the ISP guys will be a lot closer. Roache and Lawton will be interesting as well.

My pick is Satae is going to be a beast next season.
2019 - The year of Lisone

Reaction score
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
He may dumb as bag of hammers but Lisone had some very good spells this year like against Canberra. He needs to build on this next year. Classic Warrior gun junior not going next level.

Hopefully Corvo can do the business with him.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He may dumb as bag of hammers but Lisone had some very good spells this year like against Canberra. He needs to build on this next year. Classic Warrior gun junior not going next level.

He applied himself well in game 1 too.

It's consistent high level achievement we are seeking.

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The only compliment I will give Lisone is that he plays like a big man. Satae hasn't had the realisation that he can use his size as an asset.

Most of last season they commited one man only to tackling Satae and it was usually just a simple legs tackle for a gain of 4-6 metres.

Lisone actually works people over in the ruck (sometimes illegally) and tries to thump people in the collision both offensively and defensively. That said, I agree with the bag of nails comment.

Reaction score
CompletionRate

CompletionRate

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The only compliment I will give Lisone is that he plays like a big man. Satae hasn't had the realisation that he can use his size as an asset.

Most of last season they commited one man only to tackling Satae and it was usually just a simple legs tackle for a gain of 4-6 metres.
I beg to differ, Satae's average post-contact metres were actually very good for how many games he played. Also was unfortunate to be coming on often when we were under the pump which resulted in having to do a lot of tackles (which he also did a good job of)

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I beg to differ, Satae's average post-contact metres were actually very good for how many games he played. Also was unfortunate to be coming on often when we were under the pump which resulted in having to do a lot of tackles (which he also did a good job of)
Satae was a standout in reserve grade lat year, especially compared with Vete. Heyzeuss knows what Melbourne see him, it cannot be good attitude.

Reaction score
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Anyone else concerned we have only one signing for next year? Last time I remember that happening was Nathan Friend in 2012 and what a shit season that was...
Could probably see it as a positive as a lot of our juniors have stepped up and have got upgraded contracts. Remember teams like the broncos only get 1 or 2 signings a year

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I got told I was jumping the gun by assessing our chances next season, but I can't resist so will make the comment that provided Luke resigning is our only remaining move of substance then our team will be a much of a muchness compared to this year except that we won't get blown out up front as often. It feels like we could be 6th instead of 8th and have a far far better plus minus.

The following are wild cards that could push us up higher
Nathanial Roache kills it
Papali'i grows and fills out in the next 2-3 months. Fatten him up Mother Papali'i.

The following are wildcards that could leave us outside of the eight
Jazz gets the starting 13 position and SK backs him to the hilt all season long.

Reaction score
#robbiemears

#robbiemears

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
What I’ve heard within the club is that given the calibre of players resigned and upgraded for next year and beyond, 2019 is expected to be a solid season but 2020 is expected to be massive. That’s what the belief is at the highest levels internally. Don’t expect any name signings for next year. Focus is on getting more out of the squad that has already been assembled. And the primary emphasis is on improving the attack from this season.

Reaction score
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I was thinking exactly the same thing. However we did sign Daffy Duck to coach them which fucked the club right over.

Reaction score

up the guts

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score

Hes had 3 years to get his shit together ..Epic fail... Package him and Kata together and disperse them to the highest bidder.. and if jazz keeps tryin to do 7 different things in a set of 6 next year he can join them

Reaction score

up the guts

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
For the amount of talk this guy has had on here vs what he has put on the park to date, I hope you're right..
I think he has the ability and talent .. only needs the confidence/menace / mongral tn intimidate the opp .. someone like Tohu taking him under his wing would be very beneficial to the team and club

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I got told I was jumping the gun by assessing our chances next season, but I can't resist so will make the comment that provided Luke resigning is our only remaining move of substance then our team will be a much of a muchness compared to this year except that we won't get blown out up front as often. It feels like we could be 6th instead of 8th and have a far far better plus minus.

The following are wild cards that could push us up higher
Nathanial Roache kills it
Papali'i grows and fills out in the next 2-3 months. Fatten him up Mother Papali'i.

The following are wildcards that could leave us outside of the eight
Jazz gets the starting 13 position and SK backs him to the hilt all season long.
Papali'i doesn't need any more size. The kid is pretty stocky as it is.
Has a good motor for a young man. Started the year off on fire. Leg drive was insane driving threw tackles. Until his leg injury. I can't fault this kid. His dee needs a bit of work. But hes young. Imagine him in a few years time with 50 plus games under his belt? Excited to follow this young mans journey

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Papali'i doesn't need any more size. The kid is pretty stocky as it is.
Has a good motor for a young man. Started the year off on fire. Leg drive was insane driving threw tackles. Until his leg injury. I can't fault this kid. His dee needs a bit of work. But hes young. Imagine him in a few years time with 50 plus games under his belt? Excited to follow this young mans journey
You could say the same for Pulu too. Both looked incredible until they got hurt. Hopefully they hit that kind of form and stay fit this year. Would be a massive boost to our pack.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I see Lewis Brown seems to hanging around in NZ and according to ZeroTackle has been released by Manly.

Any chance he could pop up at the club on a minimum wage contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom