Recruitment 2019 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Lodge was made to sit in Queensland cup for a year plus was dealt with by the courts.

Disgusting behaviour that saw him charged but I don't see Rugby League players as role models for life. Parents who encourage their kids to idolise players in anything other than a football sense need their heads read.

I guess if you see league players as holding a position of privelege then you probably have a problem. I just see them as sports players who get paid well because they have a rare talent. One more incident and he will clearly never play nrl again. That is where the risk is. If we can get him I would
Fair comment...but...he clearly still had a violence problem with females only last year, and that was with all the publicity about good behaviour bonds etc. This is 2019, not 1919, belting the missus isn't ok any more.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Mate have you seen the team were fielding? If he's good enough for the Broncos standards than he's good enough for us. Don't be torn because the Panthers and co will take care of that
Bruh, You know that guy who goes to all the night clubs during the week day looking to find someone get his leg over?
But they're either taken or not interested. So he ends up at a seedy last chance saloon at 5am in the morning?

And there's 3 old overweight guys there, One wearing a John Travolta outfit from Saturday Night Fever. And 1 chick who they're trying to score?

Then he walks in. Knowing to well she's done the rounds. But you shoot your shot anyway. And you score
Short term. You're happy. She had a dirty cu*t but you didn't care. You needed it.

But long term, You'll be pissing lava out your penis & strange aliens crawling around your balls and anus.

That dude is The New Zealand Warriors.
The dirty cu*t is Lodge.

Reaction score
rugged

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Fair comment...but...he clearly still had a violence problem with females only last year, and that was with all the publicity about good behaviour bonds etc. This is 2019, not 1919, belting the missus isn't ok any more.
Wasn't aware of last year's incident. What was it?
I don't think anyone thinks it is ok to hit woman. The question is should individual rugby league clubs be running their own type of court and presiding innocence and guilt? or should they allow the courts to decide who should be locked up and the nrl to decide who is eligible to play..

Good luck finding a game of rugby league to watch if you want to only watch players with good morals

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well, if I'm Head Honcho at the Warriors, I'd be considering laying a fairly large chunk of responsibility for Lodge's behaviour at Peter O'Sullivan's door.
Ha, cause PieceOfShit is a shiny example. Hate to think what sort the daughter is with a father and partner like those two..

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I don't think anyone thinks it is ok to hit woman. The question is should individual rugby league clubs be running their own type of court and presiding innocence and guilt? or should they allow the courts to decide who should be locked up and the nrl to decide who is eligible to play..

Good luck finding a game of rugby league to watch if you want to only watch players with good morals
Players with morals? Just players with commonsense & bit of mana about them isnt much to ask for. Not some roid rager who has hit women on more than one occasion. :rolleyes:

Reaction score

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If he is that good, and I doubt that he is, why isn’t he in Qld SOO team ?

I don’t understand the hype.

He didn’t stand out as anything special when I watched the Broncos at MSS either.

With Jazz and Maumalo doing all our hit ups why do we even need a prop????

Fucking Blair can go back to being a prop or convert Papalii. He’s built like a tank.
Off field stuff aside compared with the dudes we've played at prop this year

Average metres per game:
Paasi - 98
Ah Mau - 102
Bunty - 95
Lodge -155
Blair - 56 (not relevant to this but 650k for this sort of output shits me off so much)

Post contact metres
Paasi - 378
Ah Mau - 456
Bunty - 393
Lodge - 467

Tackle breaks
Paasi - 19
Ah Mau - 22
Bunty - 19
Lodge - 26

Tackle efficiency
Paasi - 89.9
Ah Mau - 95.7
Bunty - 93.1
Lodge - 88.2

Minutes per game
Paasi - 41
Ah Mau - 42
Bunty - 37
Lodge - 54
Bearing in mind Kearneys love affair with a small bench playing big minutes affecting our boys numbers here....but it does highlight that Lodge is capable of playing big minutes.

Also at 1.91m and 124 kegs he's considerably bigger than any of our oompas and is very good at taking the ball into contact and not get dominated.....so there's a lot of upside (on field) to him. For all the talk of centres and backrowers its the lack of a genuine metre eating prop with size that we havent had in years thats hurt the most. Yep the reputation isnt great and has to be considered, put him on a behaviour clause, punt him at the first sign of trouble......but id sign the fucker in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score

And let's not ignore that it's becoming increasingly common to see/read that violent relationships are both ways. Just check out the Herald court reports sometimes. Look, I'm not saying that's the case here and even if, as I said before, I suspect he's not worth the publicity aggro.

Fair comment about the clubs being judge and jury. But they've got sponsors, money and reputation to protect. All very well standing by your player when half your sponsors are like, "No, this stinks. We're leaving."

Reaction score
FuNQie

FuNQie

Mr Spock
Contributor
Reaction score
WTF is goin’ on!? People are saying “hey we want a mongrel prop, he could win us the comp, what’s the problem?” People are excusing his behaviour by saying that rugby league players aren’t paragons of virtue so it’s ok really we’ll just have a good behaviour clause. He hits women but well you know look at his stats. FFS!

The last time I checked, there wasn’t anything in the job description for a top-class prop which said it’s necessary to be a total dickhead who hits women.

If you really think it’s excusable coz he could win us the comp, run this past your wife or gf or mother: “I reckon it’s ok for the Warriors to recruit Matt Lodge and pay him half a mill or more a year coz he could win us the comp. even tho he hits women. Waddyareckon, sweetheart?”

FFS, this is the twenty first fuckin century. We’re well past the prehistoric times of cave dwellers who grunted at their women. Haven’t you noticed?

Reaction score

Lenrat

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score

Matt Lodge........nope!!

Warriors don’t need a “WTF happened, we thought it’d be ok” chapter in their history.

Reaction score
Trugoy

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Yeah I’m keen as to get a big bopper with some mongrel in him to our club, no doubt we all would.
Doesn’t need to be a saint off the field either.
But nah man, not this guy.
Seeing the video of what he did in the U.S was enough for me to know I won’t ever support that dude.

Reaction score
rugged

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
WTF is goin’ on!? People are saying “hey we want a mongrel prop, he could win us the comp, what’s the problem?” People are excusing his behaviour by saying that rugby league players aren’t paragons of virtue so it’s ok really we’ll just have a good behaviour clause. He hits women but well you know look at his stats. FFS!

The last time I checked, there wasn’t anything in the job description for a top-class prop which said it’s necessary to be a total a dickhead who hits women.

If you really think it’s excusable coz he could win us the comp, run this past your wife or gf or mother: “I reckon it’s ok for the Warriors to recruit Matt Lodge and pay him half a mill or more a year coz he could win us the comp. even tho he hits women. Waddyareckon, sweetheart?”

FFS, this is the twenty first fuckin century. We’re well past the prehistoric times of cave dwellers who grunted at their women. Haven’t you noticed?
My wife and I discuss these kind of issues all the time and see things quite similar. We believe in employment for people with bad pasts, we think restricting them after they have been punished doesn't solve the problem. Of course they should be punished for crimes and both the courts and NRL have done so in this case.

Don't assume that everyone who thinks different to you is excusing behavior. I have worked plenty with families and communities both within NZ and internationally to try and see transformation in these areas. I just believe that opportunity and hope are keys to actually leading people out of these lifestyles. None of us know all the details of where Lodge is at, so I could be wrong. I just hope everyone who is so quick to damn people who sees this issue differently is actually doing something at a grass roots level to try and make a difference.

Reaction score
Hadyn

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The cons way out weight the pros with Lodge for me.
Pros: Big bastard who would be like tackling a buffalo.Not that fast but hard to bring down.
Cons: Total bastard who at best has anger management and control issues but more likely is a thug and bully who likes throwing his weight around particurlarly when women and children are present.
Doesn't fit Mooks no dickheads policy,doesn't have many actual skills and would be a penalty magnet in a Warriors jersey.
Anybody needing proof of that only needs to go back to the Broncos last game against the Eels when he did that really dirty kidney shot on Maika Siva when as third man in on a tackle he was behind Siva ( who was being held by two other Broncos already) and Lodge grabs Sivas shorts for leverage and then drives in with his shoulder to Sivas back about Kidney height.
I think it was Corey Parker and Michael Ennis who both said it was a cheap shot that should have been sited by the match review committee.
Just what we need.
Yeah right.

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Any one with warriors inside info, know if this is a legit rumour, or just the usual chuck the warriors in there, drive up the price rumour?

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Would be sponsor/fan/media suicide surely if we signed him with his record, plus we're already at 30 top side cap.
If the warriors truly have a no Dickheads policy that's a real win for me.

Reaction score

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sign him up! What’s the worse that could happen. Everything worse bar the wooden spoon has! Fuck it! Take the offer and hopefully he makes a difference.

Reaction score

Ferdie

U20's Player
Reaction score
I wonder what is considered as "paying overs" for a guy with Lodge's criminal record? Would the competing offers be fairly low given the risk involved, and therefore a mid range offer of around 300-350K could be seen to be considerably more than other clubs?

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
WE desperately need a block busting prop and Lodge would be a great addition to the team. We’ve had Matangi, Ma’u in our playing ranks - what’s the difference? Lodge didn’t go to jail.

Reaction score

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It’s a hard one, big strong player with a great workrate at 24 not even yet hitting his peak as a prop. Could be a superstar in a couple years.

On the other hand a loose unit who has done some very bad things.
also if he hadn’t done those things we wouldn’t have a chance of signing him.

Top Bottom