General 2019 Warriors Membership Thread

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by razzrillinger, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Jack Bourke
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2017

Jack Bourke Warriors Bench Player

Terrible hats! Bit gutted I had to fork out for it but thought it'd be worth it. The look is very average and appears to be the same shape as a kids knock off spiderman hat from the $2 shop! I got a big ass dome but that would barely come down past the fringe of my young fella's head!

Small bit of advise to CCC....
    1. Get a generic snapback or flexfit cap (preferably snap back cap for all shapes)
    2. Use simple colours. One or two primary colours max and not too many stripes and other bullshit (its a hat not a jersey).
    3. Logo

Job Done.

2. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

Sounds a bit like this one :

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

They always balls up the Member cap. The ones I have from the last five years or so are so shit.

3. Jack Bourke
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2017

:eek::eek::eek: hahaha! yeeeap bang on!

I will be giving them some feedback for sure... If they want to tart shit up so badly then we may as well just get "limited edition" beer coasters. At least there is a slim chance I'd actually use it!

4. crump81
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

crump81 Warriors Bench Player

Received my away membership yesterday. Ive never been able 2 fit the hats lol. Heads 2 big, and I have dreads aswell 2 make it even more impossible lol. Would rather a beanie

5. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Membership numbers released by the NRL yesterday. Chart is a screenshot from this foxsports article:

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

Warriors membership is up over 50% from the same time last season - most likely due to reduction in the cost from last year.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  6. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

Seems the club have some more ideas for getting more members and more people to games.

Here are some of the hings they have mentioned in the last couple of days :

- One game where the food and drink are the same prices they were back in 1995
    - For the Easter game against the Cowboys, fans who travel from outside of Auckland will get cheaper tickets. The further you travel, the cheaper it will be.

More info can be found here:

They've also announced what is called a Recruitment Membership :

• Available only for the month of February. On sale from today (February 1).
    • Reserved seats, all in Bay 17.
    • Joining fee ($22.00) payable at the time of purchase followed by $7.92 payments deducted each Friday from March 1.
    • New Recruit members can cancel their membership and walk away after the first three home games.
    • The window to cancel membership will be from Sunday, April 21 up to (and including) Wednesday, April 24 before the Vodafone Warriors play Melbourne on Anzac Day.
    • New Recruit members cancelling will make their last $7.92 payment on Friday, April 19.
    • Once members cancel, payments stop and their membership card will no longer grant them access to attend games. If they choose to commit to the full season, the $7.92 payments will continue through until Friday, August 16.
    • Those who opt out will pay the $22.00 joining fee plus $7.92 per week from Friday, March 1 until and including Friday, April 19. This equates to eight payments and comes to $85.36.
    • New Recruit members who commit to the full season will pay the $22.00 joining fee plus $7.92 per week from Friday, March 1 until and including Friday, August 16. This equates to 25 payments and a total of $220.
    More info can be found here:

7. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Fantastic job by the Warriors membership team...

8. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

So both sides of the Warriors tunnel have sold out and top middle bay in West Stand...

9. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

and there won't be many seats left in 39 & 40 either side of the tunnel in the Eastern Stand either.

10. Jack Bourke
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2017

Not sure if this is the right thread but anyhow...

Got an email from Vodafone Warriors on the 12th for Elton John presale tickets at Mount Smart. I am not a huge fan myself but knew heaps of peeps trying to get tickets. While loads of people couldn't get tickets I cruised in and got over 14 tickets for various people and all real good seating. Could access any seating areas and was getting up to 6 tickets at a time. Show sold out shortly afterwards.

Just thought I'd mention this as it was a pretty cool initiative from the team at Penrose. Would be keen to see other concerts go up for presale!

Chur Warriors!

11. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

Can't believe they're selling tickets to a concert that isn't until 2020 ! It is Aunty Elton though I guess.

12. Jack Bourke
    Join:
    Aug 21, 2017

Haha yeah man, there were some pretty deflated looking peeps bumming on ticketmaster so was like... yeah sure, I can get you tickets to that with my warriors membership. Chest puffed out.. warriors cape flapping in wind like..

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I went to an Elton John /Billy Joel double header about 20 years ago at MSS. Elton was way passed his best by then and I doubt has improved. Billy Joel on the other hand was amazing and must have been pissed off to be on such a dud gig. On that basis I passed on the offer.:)

14. Raw Power
    Join:
    Aug 30, 2016

Raw Power 1st Grade Fringe

You had to be at Western Springs in 1974 to see the real Elton John... (his second tour to NZ), probably paid $30.00 if that, so I'm not paying over 10 times that to see an older version!

15. Dixpat
    Join:
    Feb 3, 2014

Dixpat 1st Grade Fringe

Bruce, I remember that concert well. Started with both playing a set together, one went off stage while the other played a set, then a set together, then the other left the stage while another set played & finally a closing set together.

It was over 4 hours of nonstop music and the crowd, at least in the area I was (right in front of stage) danced themselves to exhaustion.

16. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

I missed that one but I heard he was amazing. That was the time he and his manager got charged after belting and putting the boot into a woman at that nightclub in the city. The manager ended up doing porridge in Auckland for a while.