General 2019 Warriors Jersey Flegg

Reaction score
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good first half from the juniors. Casey Smith, Ale,otukolo,vagana,kosi,ogden,katoa, tamarua, kelepo all look promising

Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm very cautious on our youngsters because we've played this game too often for no result, but if we can develop Ale and Tamarua on both sides of the ball we'll have a really strong back row in future.

Hopefully it's also Kearney free.

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Good first half from the juniors. Casey Smith, Ale,otukolo,vagana,kosi,ogden,katoa, tamarua, kelepo all look promising
Taniela Otukolo's rise has been something. Started ahead of Temple Kalepo today. Out of all the flegg players out there today he looks likes the safest bet to kick on. Only just 17.

Ale, Kosi and Vagana all have bright futures.

Brody Tamarua could be a Tohu Harris like player, extremely skilled.

Eliesa Katoa is starting to deliver on the hype, I like him as prop in a couple years. Him and Isaiah Vagana have absolutely monster frames, they just need to full out and put some size on.

Reaction score
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Taniela Otukolo's rise has been something. Started ahead of Temple Kalepo today. Out of all the flegg players out there today he looks likes the safest bet to kick on. Only just 17.

Ale, Kosi and Vagana all have bright futures.

Brody Tamarua could be a Tohu Harris like player, extremely skilled.

Eliesa Katoa is starting to deliver on the hype, I like him as prop in a couple years. Him and Isaiah Vagana have absolutely monster frames, they just need to full out and put some size on.
Otukolo is very sound defensively. Got through a lot of work today. Also looks good out of dummy half. Kelepo has just come back from school rugby but also has a bright future. A lot of them are promising but of the lot maybe Ale and Kosi Would have the best chance of playing first grade next year

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Otukolo is very sound defensively. Got through a lot of work today. Also looks good out of dummy half. Kelepo has just come back from school rugby but also has a bright future. A lot of them are promising but of the lot maybe Ale and Kosi Would have the best chance of playing first grade next year
Otukolo's very polished for a 17 year old. Him and Kalepo are amazing prospects. Those two along with Roache at the same age are the best hooker prospects I've seen come through our system. Yes agree, Ale and Kosi are definites for first grade at some point in the next couple years. We should make up a large portion of the junior kiwis team this years also with Edward Kosi, Hayze Perham, Paul Turner, Phillip Makatoa, Tyler Slade, Tom Ale, Sean Mullany all locks and maybe some bolters like Otukolo/Kalepo and Katoa/Tamarua.

Reaction score
Rizzah

Rizzah

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds promising.
I hope we don't shit the bed further next year and cause the quality juniors to look for the first ticket outta here.

Reaction score
Tony Martin

Tony Martin

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Otukolo's very polished for a 17 year old. Him and Kalepo are amazing prospects. Those two along with Roache at the same age are the best hooker prospects I've seen come through our system. Yes agree, Ale and Kosi are definites for first grade at some point in the next couple years. We should make up a large portion of the junior kiwis team this years also with Edward Kosi, Hayze Perham, Paul Turner, Phillip Makatoa, Tyler Slade, Tom Ale, Sean Mullany all locks and maybe some bolters like Otukolo/Kalepo and Katoa/Tamarua.
I’m guessing he made his debut late in the season due to his age?
Preston Riki is another who could make JKs if still eligible.
Pretty sad to see the last ever game for the juniors. I always enjoyed watching 3 games back to back on a Sunday. Im guessing most of them will pop up from time to time next year in Canterbury cup

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I’m guessing he made his debut late in the season due to his age?
Preston Riki is another who could make JKs if still eligible.
Pretty sad to see the last ever game for the juniors. I always enjoyed watching 3 games back to back on a Sunday. Im guessing most of them will pop up from time to time next year in Canterbury cup
Yes correct and Preston is a '98 kid so not eligible.
An end of an era really. Players like Otukolo and Sione Moala will still be SG Ball eligible next year. However, a lot will still be Flegg eligible but will have to play Fox.

Reaction score

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
We need to affiliate ourselves with a QLD Cup side so we can keep more guys on the books and give them a higher standard of competition, even if it means sending them to QLD.

I know, too expensive to actually happen, and once we stop investing time in them most will probably head to NSW/QLD Cup anyway if they want to continue. There's a ton of ex-warriors playing for other clubs in ISP.

Getting rid of Flegg is not going to help us. SG Ball is good, but now there's a vacuum between Ball and ISP where we'll lose a few.

Reaction score
TheCool

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Getting rid of Flegg is not going to help us. SG Ball is good, but now there's a vacuum between Ball and ISP where we'll lose a few.
Absolutely no doubt about that. Players that graduate SG Ball and are not immediately put on a development contract or getting ISP game time are going to sign in Australia and we will lose them for good.

The only thing this front office has been talking about is improving development pathways. They have just majorly fucked it up.
If they are too strapped for cash to operate two junior teams then thats a different issue but I can't see this ending well.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
I dont think its all doom and gloom for Jersey Flegg eligible players. There are sound arguments for having them develop against men as opposed to kids their own age. Wayne Bennett himself was never a fan of the U20 comp as he believed it didn't develop players properly. The kids that are good enough will play ISP just as they have been since Matt Elliott's days. Those that are still developing will do against men just like our juniors use to do pre2008...

Reaction score
Blain

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I dont think its all doom and gloom for Jersey Flegg eligible players. There are sound arguments for having them develop against men as opposed to kids their own age. Wayne Bennett himself was never a fan of the U20 comp as he believed it didn't develop players properly. The kids that are good enough will play ISP just as they have been since Matt Elliott's days. Those that are still developing will do against men just like our juniors use to do pre2008...
That's a great point, 16-18 you're still developing your skills, and what better place to do that than in the best junior comp on the world. I don't know much about the Auckland College system, but doubt the quality is similar.

If you're good enough at 19, you'll be in ISP. If not, Fox against men is hardly a hindering place to be. It would be a lot mentally tougher than over inflating ego's like the U20 seemed to do a lot with the cricket scores being put on the board.

Reaction score
Weno

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
My nephew Izaiya won the jersey flegg comp with the Bunnies.
So proud of his and his teams achievement .
Had a photo with two team mates and they all had the famous bowl cut.
Bowl cut , REALLY.
Was nothing but teasing and bullying when I got them.
Now it's a style thing.
What goes these days.

Why did my brother get a short back and sides back then when he should of had a bowl cut too.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Seems to be a bit of confusion around that kid. Some say the Cowboys but then I was told he had signed with the Warriors for next year. Love to know either way. He's a good prospect...

Reaction score

NYCDB

U20's Player
Reaction score
He played for the Eels U20 side in 2019.

Top Bottom