General 2019 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise thread

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by Jwoodzy02, Sep 24, 2018.

1. to keep the blue green moko (w/o the 25th reference)

2. to return to the black and grey

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

razzrillinger 1st Grade Fringe

When you buy authentic goods brand new through a proper retailer, some money goes to the NRL and the club.

When you buy fake goods through retailers like aliexpress, NO money goes to the NRL or the club.

2. Chchfanatic
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2017

Chchfanatic 1st Grade Fringe

I 100% agree with you. I’d be interested to see how much per jersey the club makes. I’d say they make a lot more off other merch.
    Would it surprise you if my jersey was made in the same factory in China as the “real “ ones. I’ve looked at the ones in the shop and it’s exactly the same material etc. It even had the ccc tags on it. I’m sure they can copy those as well though. But why would you bother.
    Either way we get ripped off with the price of the Jerseys.

3. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the fake Jerseys could potentially made in the same factories "after hours", it happens with a multitude of goods.

While $10 cheaper than the last few years, the current price point of $170 is probably still too high but there are ways to get them cheaper. I got mine for $96 the other day which I feel is more than fair.

Buy from and wear what you like but just remember that the money to keep the game going and growing has to come from somewhere.

4. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

my mate has bought a few Jerseys from a similar place in the past and 2 years ago he got me the heritage jersey, im no trainspotter so didnt analyse every single cm on it so from what i could see there was very little difference. Worn it plenty of times and still in one piece. The players seemed to like it when they signed it LOL
    I just cant justify $180 for a jersey anymore when so many are released every season but each to their own.

5. warriors4eva
    Join:
    May 21, 2012

warriors4eva 1st Grade Fringe

never heard of this store, id better check them out , cheers

6. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Assistant Ballboy Contributor

From what I’ve been told it’s pretty much exactly as you say it. Factory in China/similar place makes more than they need in case of quality rejections- wether legal or not the excess then gets sold off cheap- some may have slight defects some may just be excess.

7. Winston...
    Join:
    Nov 7, 2014

Winston... 1st Grade Fringe

Thanks for heads up - Missed out on the day, but rang them up and they ran the WAITANGI deal for me - got the home jersey and training singlet for $137. Cant complain with that.

8. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Vancent True Bluelever Contributor

Quick question (mods...) - how do we get the results of the votes in this thread to the Warriors?!

9. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

They do the same with chainsaws mate:eek::eek::eek:

10. tajhay
    Join:
    Mar 30, 2012

tajhay Warriors 5th Grader

Nothing to do. They can see it. Members of the club do visit here, as do the designers of the Jerseys.

11. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Brilliant - hope there’s enough internet there to retain it. Cheers tajhay

12. razzrillinger
    Join:
    Nov 8, 2016

I get the feeling these colours will stick around. Marries up with the new ownership nicely and they won't want to change again after seeing the sales figures.

13. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Its not the same factory. The same factory would have had a perfect replica as they would have the master copy already. Likely the legit factory had a jersey leaked then another factory drafted the design themselves trying to get it as close possible including lines, curves, logos, pantones and fonts. Nor is it the same material at all. They are completely different but most people won't notice or care. Also the colour is off a few shades and the CCC logo on the shoulder isn't embroidered.

Personally not into fake rubbish that does not benefit the club but not everyone can afford it so it is what it is. A real shit compliment to the club that their merch is copied year on year.

TBH I just couldn't walk around having a typo on my back lol. So funny that they fucked that up.

Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

I know we've lost a few players but 2019 could be our serson.

It would of topped it off if it was 1995 - 2819.

15. mt.wellington
    Join:
    Jun 21, 2012

mt.wellington Warriors Orange Peeler Contributor

Well CCC is a business at the end of the day so they would like to see a return on their investment. The money they recieve pays for the design team, warehouse, warehouse workers (dispatch, sorting, packing, inwards etc), stores, store workers, manufacturing costs and the hefty licence fee they pay the NRL.

From what I was told a few years the proceeds from merch sales are 10% for the club, 30% for the NRL with the rest going to CCC. Thats a good chunk of coin going directly towards the game and the club. Fake merch adds absolutely nothing to it...

16. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

New season Wallpaper for your phones lads: Media has been hidden. Please Register to view.

17. crump81
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

crump81 Warriors Bench Player

wow... aint that fugly

18. Jwoodzy02
    Join:
    Nov 14, 2015

Jwoodzy02 1st Grade Fringe

Anybody got an email back from team rhapsody about your order being shipped?

19. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

That would be royalties wouldn't it. The markup at the Superstore would have to start at 100% before discounts surely? No retailer could survive on 10% markup.

20. Vancent
    Join:
    Sep 10, 2012

Ouch! Was going for tough and grungy.

Can’t please them all....

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List