General 2019 Warriors Draw

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
I’m not sure NSO is up to hosting an NRL game, it’s pretty run down since the bears moved out 20odd years ago, capacity wouldn’t be much and you can pretty much watch from the street for free

I know that's what I thought. Maybe they will upgrade it or maybe guys whole rumor of Roosters playing games there is load of shit ... :sorry:

Cons:
It is not a rectangular ground. The night life is on Manners/Courtenay at the other end of town. They couldn't even fill the ground for the All Blacks v South Africa this year. Want to know anymore?

I don't hate Wellington, I lived there once, but it is mainly good for quality restaurants and bars and being relatively easy to get around on foot. Also the Basin Reserve is great to watch test cricket.

Oh and I forgot the accommodation isn't that flash either. When I realised I could still get tickets for the All Blacks I decided to go, until I could not find ANY accommodation outside a badly rated curry smelling flea pit in Porirua.

I would easily go to Christchurch but have work commitments that weekend.
I'd prefer they go to Dunedin due to the new stadium. It is the right shape, the roof means the weather is only really a factor getting to and from the venue. The crowd last time was talked about as being disappointing so may have played a part in some of the decision making.

Wellington has had decent crowds previously which I assume may have played a part. Wellington has usually been the option for moving home games.

It would be good to get more sides bringing home games over here to limit the sides travel. They usually talk a good game about building a tradition of playing in <insert NZ city>. A year or two later it turns into that's too much travel going to NZ twice.

After making the top 8 we are probably better crowd pullers now so they probably would prefer staying at home.

The thing that always gets me with draws is when they do take game away from home they never really seem to think it through in terms of promotion and marketing. Like if you're trying to introduce a new sport to new and important emerging market you would think they would use whatever names are of teams that are there as starting point i.e Wellington has Hurricanes so you play Storm. Christchurch has Crusaders so you play Knights and Dragons. Dunedin has Highlanders so you play Raiders. I can't be only one crazy enough to think like this and yeah, you know what ? If anybody wants me I'll be busy outside screaming at stop signs ... :wacky:

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Not likely. As I have heard from someone close to club that Roosters want to play NZ Warriors at North Sydney Oval next year all because and again I shit you not, that we play in North Sydney Bears colours
Their plan for us to play at North Sydney Oval because of our colours from recent years matches the Bears could back fire if we move to the old 95 colours as rumoured for the 25th season.

Or are we going to move to traditional colours home and away and our recent colour as our heritage? That would be weird.

What is the capacity of North Sydney Oval? From memory it wasn't a high capacity ground it would come across like some of the rural NSW games.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Not likely. As I have heard from someone close to club that Roosters want to play NZ Warriors at North Sydney Oval next year all because and again I shit you not, that we play in North Sydney Bears colours.

Also what is the logic in the Roosters moving a game to try and get their home crowd to cheer for us because of the colours we wear?

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Their plan for us to play at North Sydney Oval because of our colours from recent years matches the Bears could back fire if we move to the old 95 colours as rumoured for the 25th season.

Or are we going to move to traditional colours home and away and our recent colour as our heritage? That would be weird.

What is the capacity of North Sydney Oval? From memory it wasn't a high capacity ground it would come across like some of the rural NSW games.

Also what is the logic in the Roosters moving a game to try and get their home crowd to cheer for us because of the colours we wear?

As I said it's just rumour and I wouldn't take what I say so seriously as like you said you more examine it, the more it appears to be on closer expection a load of bullshit. Not only that but rumor keeps changing. Now it's Roosters want to play there as a curtain raiser to North Sydney Bears. Like a top grade side would ever play an opening game to reserve side. Personally though looking at our draw for next year guys, I don't know but I still think we will play them on Central Coast. It's just a feeling I've got ... :)

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I see the Souths home game is being played at Gosford. Has anybody been to that stadium to watch the Warriors. Like is there a place where the Kiwi fans congregate?

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
VODAFONE WARRIORS - 2019 NRL DRAW

1 Bulldogs - Mt Smart
2 Tigers - Campbelltown
3 Sea Eagles - Christchurch
4 Titans - Mt Smart Stadium
5 Rabbitohs - Sunshine Coast
6 Cowboys - Mt Smart Stadium
7 Storm - AAMI Park
8 Knights - Mt Smart Stadium
9 Dragons - Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane (NRL Brisbane Magic Round)
10 Panthers - Panthers Stadium
11 Broncos - Mt Smart Stadium
12 Bye
13 Storm - Mt Smart Stadium
14 Titans - Cbus Stadium
15 Panthers - Mt Smart Stadium
16 Knights - McDonald Jones
17 Broncos - Suncorp Stadium
18 Sharks - Westpac Stadium, Wellington
19 Eels - West Sydney Stadium
20 Raiders - Mt Smart Stadium
21 Sea Eagles - Mt Smart Stadium
22 Roosters - SCG
23 Sharks - Shark Park
24 Rabbitohs - Mt Smart Stadium
25 Raiders - GIO Stadium, Canberra

Questions - is the draw easy or hard?

Bulldogs, tigers, eagles, titans - 4 from 4 to start the season?

Roosters, sharks, rabbits, raiders - tough lead in to the finals?

No trip to Perth... Wellington and Christchurch games?

Rounds 16,17,18,18 a full month away from home?

Only 1 game against the eels, bulldogs, cowboys and tigers... teams potentially going for the spoon - are we missing out on playing easier teams?

However also 1 game against the roosters and dragons - is the draw actually ok?

Thoughts?

defensivebomb

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 29, 2018
Origin:
Round 13 - Storm players will hopefully be jaded
Round 16 - hopefully we play a Knights team without Ponga

It looks like a soft start but I think those teams will surprise us. I think we will get away with some good points at the start to give us a bit of confidence. Would be good to have one of the Roosters / Storm / Broncos in the first five rounds to surprise one of them and take a scalp. Last year it was good to get a win over the Roosters and Bunnies early before they cottoned on.

I actually like us to play against tough teams at the business end to see whether we have what it takes to survive finals football.

So not a bad draw. Would have preferred the Sharks to be at Mt Smart so I could give SJ some feedback

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
I see the Souths home game is being played at Gosford. Has anybody been to that stadium to watch the Warriors. Like is there a place where the Kiwi fans congregate?

Its a nice stadium by the water. There is a away stand for warriors supporters for games in Aus but usually you will find warriors supporters scattered as the away (and aus supporters home) seats are usually the crappiest.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Its a nice stadium by the water. There is a away stand for warriors supporters for games in Aus but usually you will find warriors supporters scattered as the away (and aus supporters home) seats are usually the crappiest.

Aren’t we playing Souths at Sunshine Coast rather than central coast?

I used to get ‘good’ seats for Aus Warriors games but found it more fun sitting in the away supporters bay even though they’re usually shitty seats

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
Foxsports have ranked the first 4 games for each club. We have been ranked with the easiest first 4 games and I have to agree.\\

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...w/news-story/9ca609576a29e0f6accfa9452301529b

WARRIORS (vs Canterbury, Tigers, Manly and Titans)

Only have to leave New Zealand once in opening month that doesn’t include an opponent from last year’s top eight. Should give their halves time to gel.

RonNitroSwanson

Warriors Bench Player
Sep 10, 2018

Just under 20,000, awesome ground and good atmosphere on the old hill or under the fig tree where you can hurl abuse at opposition players from close range, if JWH charges you, you scoot up the giant Moreton Bay Fig Tree and hope he can't climb it with his boots on!

• Haha
Reactions: snake77 and Sup42

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
This is more draw than Ladder related. I see the magic round has us listed as the home team, giving us 11 home games, 12 away and one at suncorp. Anyone know what concessions the teams who sacrifice a home game to the magic round get? How is the gate shared? Are any other benefits given?

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
This is more draw than Ladder related. I see the magic round has us listed as the home team, giving us 11 home games, 12 away and one at suncorp. Anyone know what concessions the teams who sacrifice a home game to the magic round get? How is the gate shared? Are any other benefits given?

Teams who sacrifice a home game for Magic round are given a Magic Card which they can play at any time during the regular season.

The Magic Card entitles a team to double points scored for that game.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Every team has 12 home and 12 away games. Magic round is one of our home games which means we will see a percentage of the gate takings...

Waiting For Premiership

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 11, 2012
Main benefit is not watching the warriors being defeated in their fortress they call MSS...Money's Secured...Sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: DallyM

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Every team has 12 home and 12 away games. Magic round is one of our home games which means we will see a percentage of the gate takings...
So no other financial incentive offered? Often clubs take games to other cities as their is some tourism or sponsorship dollars thrown in. Just wondering if the NRL had arranged anything with Brisbane to see some benefit go to those who effectively sacrificed a home game.

Am sick of our club being screwed over by the draw, we already have a hectic international travel schedule so they should have stood up and said if we are playing in Brisbane it needs to be an away game.

It used to be a lack of balls to refuse to go to Perth.

Manly Sea Eagles Rate Match

Last Game

09 May

32 - 38
4.9 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 14 ratings