Internationals 2019 Oceania Cup

Reaction score
blue bells

blue bells

Whats Buzzin Cuzzin?
Contributor
Reaction score
and the food was still bloody expensive. Bloody hell $4.50 for a small bottle of Coke. I can understand screwing down on the beer to keep people sober, but Coke....sheesh
And whats worse i went to the pre season game against the tigers up here in whangarei and was made to tip my bottles of ice water out before i could enter so they leave you no choice but to fork out that 4.50...

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
And whats worse i went to the pre season game against the tigers up here in whangarei and was made to tip my bottles of ice water out before i could enter so they leave you no choice but to fork out that 4.50...
To be fair that is to stop people loading up with spirits instead of water.

Reaction score
wrighty

wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The problem is he tends to play more average games than good games
Hi Tony,

I think we are at polar opposites of opinions on SJ so trading posts about him in particular would be pointless, But I do want to respond from an academic perspective about whether it is ok for an athlete to play in general "more average games than good games" or whether they should be expected to always "produce good games".

As you can see from my avatar I am cricket person first and foremost and in my twenties I payed in a premier division. Some players were on contracts and paid to play in my league.

I was a top order batsman and always put in 100%. But had vastly varying results. In fact I failed more than I succeeded despite being an average performer in the division. Some oppositions had bowlers who matched up well against my weaknesses, while other bowlers I just found easy and could hit for boundaries at will. Some teams had better fielders who could take amazing catches, and sometimes I would just get an unplayable ball or even be given out by the umpire when I wasn't out.
So that's cricket. Kane Williamson over his career only scores a Fifty 28% of the time in ODIs. That means 7 out of ten times he puts in an average performance.

I once attended a tennis camp as a youth. I took two things away from it
a) A power backhand.
b) The following speech from the instructor. Some times you will play well. Other times you only played well because the opposition let you play well. Sometimes you won't play well but only because the opposition didn't let you play well.

Although these are other sports there are parrallels in league.
Some oppositions have a fast line speed on defence and can shut down the room a pair of halves have to operate in while other teams are like the Titans and they let you have a lot of time and space to execute your attacking options
Some oppositions have a team of Dylan Napas in their forwards and your forwards may make limited metres forcing the half to either execute a low percentage running play on the 6th tackle from within his own side of halfway or go for a safe but unadventurous mid field bomb all night.
While other teams may have CHN or like players in their pack and your pack can dominate them and give you front foot ball and plenty of time in the red zone to operate.

Reaction score
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
and the food was still bloody expensive. Bloody hell $4.50 for a small bottle of Coke. I can understand screwing down on the beer to keep people sober, but Coke....sheesh
I paid the extra $20 a ticket to be in the Stacey Jones Lounge. Well worth it!

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

I think we are at polar opposites of opinions on SJ so trading posts about him in particular would be pointless, But I do want to respond from an academic perspective about whether it is ok for an athlete to play in general "more average games than good games" or whether they should be expected to always "produce good games".

As you can see from my avatar I am cricket person first and foremost and in my twenties I payed in a premier division. Some players were on contracts and paid to play in my league.

I was a top order batsman and always put in 100%. But had vastly varying results. In fact I failed more than I succeeded despite being an average performer in the division. Some oppositions had bowlers who matched up well against my weaknesses, while other bowlers I just found easy and could hit for boundaries at will. Some teams had better fielders who could take amazing catches, and sometimes I would just get an unplayable ball or even be given out by the umpire when I wasn't out.
So that's cricket. Kane Williamson over his career only scores a Fifty 28% of the time in ODIs. That means 7 out of ten times he puts in an average performance.

I once attended a tennis camp as a youth. I took two things away from it
a) A power backhand.
b) The following speech from the instructor. Some times you will play well. Other times you only played well because the opposition let you play well. Sometimes you won't play well but only because the opposition didn't let you play well.

Although these are other sports there are parrallels in league.
Some oppositions have a fast line speed on defence and can shut down the room a pair of halves have to operate in while other teams are like the Titans and they let you have a lot of time and space to execute your attacking options
Some oppositions have a team of Dylan Napas in their forwards and your forwards may make limited metres forcing the half to either execute a low percentage running play on the 6th tackle from within his own side of halfway or go for a safe but unadventurous mid field bomb all night.
While other teams may have CHN or like players in their pack and your pack can dominate them and give you front foot ball and plenty of time in the red zone to operate.
If we take this to the SJ thread I would be happy to discuss this further.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I was a top order batsman and always put in 100%.
...but mentally weak ;) ...do you remember than ton your scored against the Baggy Greens on a seaming wicket at Eden Park? The time Rod Marsh accepted your apology for putting raw prawns in his favourite wicket keeping gloves. Why didn't you do that more often, and like when we really needed you to.;)
Sometimes you won't play well but only because the opposition didn't let you play well.
Sometime you don't play well because you don't produce enough intensity.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Haha no but a much better selection and they let you drink from a glass bottle.
What?

You paid $20 to get a better food selection and to drink from a bottle???

You must have too much money to spend.

Top Bottom