General 2018 Warriors Members Forum

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Kata's passing. SK didn't dodge this. I think he said he is working on it and to expect some improvement this season. There was some applause for this question and SK looked a little surprised at that. He obviously doesn't log on here. He summed up by saying defences expect Kata not to pass, so when he does pass this season tries will be scored. That was bloody good news but I don't know the meeting believed it.;)
Did anyone ask if Hiku is working on his tackling? DID SK say they know its a big issue and that they are working on it and Hiku will surprise an opposition player next season by making one, opposition wont be expecting that.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Sorry the balance of the squad comment. Is that by age/experience or position/style of player? Cheers

I was there last night and I'm sure they were referring to the salaries when they made the comment about the balance of the squad.

Which makes sense as there are players here on deals that the previous management signed off on.

I really rate Cameron George. He seems very passionate about the club winning and wants us to really stick it to the Australian clubs.

I was interested to hear Peter O'Sullivan mentioned many times as "Sully", as if he didn't already have a mafia type image he also has the nickname to match!

Todd Payten has the same no nonsense look in real life as Alex Corvo, not to be messed with I suspect.

As already mentioned a few times, there was a definite vibe that we won't be seeing Shaun Johnson in a Warriors jersey in 2019.

With these Aussies in charge of the club I get the feeling that if he is gone, the $1M will be very well spent.

Reactions: 6 users
fizurg

fizurg

I guess everyone's take on this audio will be different, but what I hear in the first four odd minutes of this in regards to Shaun Johnson is this.....
The club will no longer be held ransom to ANYONE and I'd bet the house that in the next 24 hours, it will be made aware to us all that Shaun Johnson has been granted an immediate release from the NZ WARRIORS.
The WHY'S will fill this forum for months to come, and we may never really know the full truths or all the answer's behind it all.
I honestly think this is the true turning point for this club, and IMHO despite the sadness of it all moving forward this will prove to be the BEST decision for OUR club.
We will NEVER win this comp with Shaun Johnson in the halves sorry guy's I'm just being very honest when I say that.
I love the guy, when he's hot, he is the most amazing player in both teams on the field, but he just simply is far to inconsistent and goes missing far to much to warrent keeping the faith in.
Moving forward can be a very difficult pill to swallow at times, habit can be a hard thing to break.
Shaun Johnson thank you for all your services and effort, I along with many others I'm sure, will wish you all the very best with your future.
If I was SK I'd put Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in at 6 Green in at 7 AND Fusitua to 1 I'd then move kata to wing. Just my opinion boys don't kill me.

I tend to look at things backwards sometimes but for me not letting Johnson hold the club to ransom means not letting him out of his contract. Just because you’re unhappy doesn’t mean you get to quit the obligations you made to the club.

Reactions: 2 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Did anyone ask if Hiku is working on his tackling? DID SK say they know its a big issue and that they are working on it and Hiku will surprise an opposition player next season by making one, opposition wont be expecting that.
That is a really good point. I cannot recall any mention of Hiku, especially from the members.
I tend to look at things backwards sometimes but for me not letting Johnson hold the club to ransom means not letting him out of his contract. Just because you’re unhappy doesn’t mean you get to quit the obligations you made to the club.
The clear message from SK especially is looking forward, not back. Shaun Johnson is a goner, that was clear, I don't think they would see any value in keeping him around. They seemed very confident about the situation.
I really rate Cameron George. He seems very passionate about the club winning and wants us to really stick it to the Australian clubs.
Amen to that. The other thing I noticed was constant reference by George and SK to Brian Smith, who was there but didn't speak, and didn't seem to want to. I got the impression that Smith and "Sully" are like kids in a candy shop with all of the talent they see in NZ. That made me feel very hopeful for the future. An obvious question would be WTF was the previous management doing? However that is in the past and these guys are looking ahead.
Todd Payten has the same no nonsense look in real life as Alex Corvo, not to be messed with I suspect.
Does shape up or ship out son fit the bill?:D

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I was there last night and I'm sure they were referring to the salaries when they made the comment about the balance of the squad.

Which makes sense as there are players here on deals that the previous management signed off on.
I saw it like that as well Did you notice they were careful not to mention much about the previous management though?

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

I saw it like that as well Did you notice they were careful not to mention much about the previous management though?

There was one comment which alluded to the previous management not putting anything in place underneath which I thought was interesting.

They are smart enough to know that there's nothing really to be gained with talking trash on your predecessors in public.

Reactions: 1 user
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
It was really interesting to hear Kearney say that Sullivan rated Maumalo as the most improved player.
High raps.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
God I would have gone along just to see what Mt Wellington looks like!!
really, im scared of meeting him. I have this vague idea that he would eat me in a single bite.

• Haha
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Thanks to those who went, keeping us plebs that cant be there in the picture

Reactions: 5 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Cage match between the Rock Man and the Fire Man... I’d pay to see that ;)

That’s from me too, especially MtW’s audio,
wait am i the rock man??? i dont think i could be the fireman, ohh wait... You cleva