Post Match 2018 Round 1 - Rabbitohs vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'Warriors Discussion' started by mt.wellington, Mar 10, 2018.

1. A+

2. A

3. B

4. C

5. F

6. Z!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Trugoy
    Join:
    Apr 3, 2016

Trugoy 1st Grade Fringe

Chur chur my breathers! ;)

2. Sup42
    Join:
    May 7, 2012

Sup42 "Dave"

You are bang on.

Mindfulness has been taken from Bhudism and is thousands of years old.

Those who study the Martial arts history... will know that an Indian / Persian Monk from the Royal Warrior classes brought his martial arts Systems to China and began teaching two Chinese Monks from the famous Shaolin temple.

This was a sentient moment in the development of a new Martial art called Shaolin Kungfu....specifically Wushu.

Probably the most famous Bhudist physical mind over matter practice.

That began the Chan Bhudism movement in China 1500 years ago.

Chinese Kungfu and Indian Yogi control of the mind body ( you know how they can slow their heart rates....etc....then there is all the showy stuff in grasshopper abilities has breathing technique at its core.).

If u believe Kungfu is real beyond hitting and kicking people ....then what the players are just practising is very well understood meditative technique.

The Western world adapted it from Buddhism.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  3. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

Blair was surprising. Harris was solid and seeing SJ run again (balls of his feet) was great. It was fun to yell at the TV after a good play and try and during the breath&regroup huddle - suck it up Ken/Hiku! Snort it if you have to lol Consistent wins by rd10 - I might start breathing after a game too

4. African warrior
    Join:
    Feb 22, 2016

African warrior Warriors Bench Player

Anyone have a online link.... NRL website doesn't play this side of the world

5. matiunz
    Join:
    Jul 15, 2013

matiunz Assistant Ballboy Contributor

The games are often on YouTube pretty quick

6. Rizzah
    Join:
    Apr 18, 2012

Rizzah 1st Grade Fringe Contributor

If you missed the game, or want to get a copy to replay pm me.

7. OMG
    Join:
    May 18, 2012

OMG Warriors 1st Grader

Much to like about the game,

Their fitness is obvious well done Mr Corvo.

Defensive structure is interesting,an unfit team would have leaked tries regularly.

The tackle intent is awesome, but its the composure they exhibited that has me buoyant.

I will give SK a well done there with the Harris move( not an SK fan) I'd hate to Simon put back there as he's a shadow of the player that plays on the left and will suit that play they ran with Lisone. It will also strengthen the defensive structure of that flank which is one of the harder selection policies to get your head around, but liking what I'm seeing well done overall SK.

Green was an astute purchase and had some great moments and seemed to really help the team composure on the field.

Great game from Bully and the whole team but SJ was wow and is ridiculously capable of far better, easy MOM IMO.

Lots of areas to work on and Manners and Paasi will strengthen the team immensely but one more big fit hard working Unit in the middle would make me a lot happier.

8. flying coconut
    Join:
    Jul 21, 2012

flying coconut 1st Grade Fringe

The thing that gives me the most hope is the fact we won but have a lot to improve on, there's still a lot of work to be done and I feel like the players know that.

It really does feel like the culture has shifted. RTS, Harris, Blair, Green. They are all winners and they will hold players accountable.
    There are a lot of good people in this team now.

I also think Gavet has really stepped up to be a leader. He has come along way in the past few years both on and off the field.

I finally think we have got everything right off the field and as a result im hoping we can see it on the field. I have bagged Kearney a lot but if the team can keep up this effort for the season and continue to head in this direction I will happily eat my words.

9. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

According to the Lurker a lot of the side had food poisoning leading up to the game. When it's negative about the club its the Lurker.:rolleyes: As this its a good thing I'll take at as true and imagine what they would of done if they were all 100%.:D

One of the most impressive performances of the weekend came from the Warriors, who crossed three time zones and buried their Perth hoodoo with an emphatic win over hot favourites Souths.

But what makes the win even more impressive was the fact that nearly half the Warriors team - and several members of staff - went into the game suffering from a painful bout of food poisoning.

Several players spent the day before the game bent over their toilet bowls and were low on energy and struggling to go the distance.

But a fitter, more confident Warriors side refused to buckle and rarely looked like losing against a disappointing Rabbitohs outfit.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

10. gREVUS
    Join:
    May 8, 2012

gREVUS Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies

bet if they start winning in Perth regularly other teams will stop trying to play them there. Should only take another 4-6 wins to do it. :p

11. snake77
    Join:
    Jul 12, 2013

snake77 Warriors 1st Grader

At least next time we will be discussing about the sides poor record in Perth. Not never winning there. A small hump but as it's been done before it will help a lot mentally.

12. Miket12
    Join:
    Apr 20, 2012

Miket12 Warriors 1st Grader

Mannering’s assessment of the game.

Link has been hidden. Please Register to view.

13. bruce
    Join:
    Sep 1, 2015

bruce Warriors 1st Grader Contributor

Geez that is bloody impressive.

14. Worried2Death
    Join:
    Mar 6, 2016

Worried2Death 1st Grade Fringe

Gets more impressive every day Bruce, is this reality or is senility finally happening?

15. bobba
    Join:
    Apr 2, 2013

bobba Warriors Bench Player

Yoo ken to get a copy or replay bro

16. Far North Forever
    Join:
    Mar 5, 2013

Far North Forever 1st Grade Fringe

poison the buggers every week I say

17. Maraea
    Join:
    May 20, 2013

Maraea 1st Grade Fringe

My partner has a terrible diet he's probably due a poisoning sooner or later - but these guys?! - not even, smells like something somebody threw up.

18. AusWarriorsFan
    Join:
    Sep 4, 2016

AusWarriorsFan 1st Grade Fringe

Didnt mind it at all.

Now I havnt watched sport outside cricket and NFL since the warriors disgusted me last season. Yep, no union, no league. .... them taking my money for 21 years I thought.

Then I came around to what Bennett, Bellamy and now Kearney play by. Posession. Defense. Offense playbooks. We actually did pretty bloody good on fixing dropping silly ball last year and up around the 80%.

Now game one, I thought defense and fitness, everyone is talking about how fit we are, we said we would be the most fit team in the comp start season, warriors not talking .... for once? So there you have it, we defended amazingly well game one. And even better this game considering out 80% last year dropped to 67% this game and even with 67% we managed to blow 24 points on offense. Either way, we gave them opportunity time and time again and they couldnt crack us and it wasnt until a flukey lat minute hurlll kick that scored a try. Well done Warriors on defense.

But I gave it a B, seems im being measily. How can you rate us higher. We need to not be dropping the ball so easily, over and over again. Because it will only take 1-2 games like that for our great defense to crack and then our defense has gone and what we worked on last year, posession has gone.

A Warriors fan who is pleased win or lose, is not the fan mentality we need, we need to hold our team (who we pay to wages), accountable.

If we we win against either Raiders or Easts at home, I will think we have a chance of top 8.