General 2018 NRL Ladder

3rdstriker

3rdstriker

Raiders juuuuuuust as they have an ok f/a and would have been probably an outside shot had they won yesterday. Knights are Like -150 and pretty much not even a miracle will get them there

Stranger things have happened at mount smart though.

Reactions: bruce
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Looking at the draw and barring any major upsets, I believe the top 3 positions are pretty much sorted with the Storm, Roosters and Souths.

Positions 4 - 8 are still up for grabs.

For the Warriors there is a possible chance of coming 4th but realistically 5 - 8 will be it, IMO.

Making the finals for the Warriors is the first priority but coming 5 or 6 and getting a finals game at Mt Smart would be the best result.

View attachment 26093
i cant see the dragons holding on to 4th place. i think the sharks will drop further till they end up 8th. The Broncos can never be underestimated as they are big game players and always lift towards the end of a season, plus i think this week they play the cowboys at home (?) and they will get a massive lift off this game. The most suspect remaining teams are the warriors and the panthers and it just depends on which side will turn up. It could all come down to when the warriors play the panthers as to which team is ahead of the other.

wizards rage

wizards rage

At the start of the season our draw was ranked the toughest in the nrl. So it has proved

We play all teams twice except the following teams which we only get to play once:

Sharks
Tigers
Knights
Bulldogs
Manly
Eels

Out draw is weighted with hard games and not many of the easier teams.

Realistically the draw has probably denied us 2 extra wins. With an ‘average’ draw we would probably be comfortably in the top 4 with a far better for and against.

Puts our season into perspective of how well we have actually done and what we can expect building into next year

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Had a go at a home made ladder predictor and I have the final ladder as
1.Melbourne
2.Souths
3.Roosters
4.Dragons
5.Panthers
6.Warriors
7.Sharks
8.Broncos

Each teams run home in terms easiest to hardest(based on current ladder position) with best and worse possible finish in brackets)
Dragons(1st,9th) Eels,Tigers,Dogs,
Knights
Broncs(1st,9th) cows,souths,Roos,Manly
Warriors(1st,9th) knights,Dogs,Panthers, Raiders.
Storm(1st,8th)sharks,Eels,Titans,Panthers
Roosters(1st,8th) Souths,Raiders,Broncs, Eels.
Panthers(1st,9th)Titans,Knights,Warriors,
Storm
Sharks(1st,9th) Storm, Cows, Knights, Dogs
Rabbitohs(1st,8th) Roosters,Broncs, Raiders, Tigers
Tigers Raiders, Dragons, Manly, Souths

In terms of us to reach 6th had us losing to Panthers but winning other 3
To make 1st we need;
To win all of our games
Bunnies to lose 3 of next 4
Storm and Roosters to lose 2 of Next 4
Panthers and Dragons to lose a game
Broncos and Sharks can also win all of theirs but we need a better f/a.

To miss the 8 the Tigers need at least 2 more wins than us (or Sharks/Broncs) plus a couple of big scores.
So pretty much if Tigers lose 1 more we only need 1 more win and to keep our f/a intact.
Otherwise 2 wins should be enough

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

If the team get into the eight, and they should, I don't think an away tie in the play offs would necessarily be a problem. The best results this season have been away wins in Brisbane, St George and Roosters, also the opening day win in Perth. All games where the team weren't expected to win and the pressure was off. Not sure this team can cope with the expectation that comes with a big home game yet.

The key is having all the key players fit and firing.

Centurion

i cant see the dragons holding on to 4th place. i think the sharks will drop further till they end up 8th. The Broncos can never be underestimated as they are big game players and always lift towards the end of a season, plus i think this week they play the cowboys at home (?) and they will get a massive lift off this game. The most suspect remaining teams are the warriors and the panthers and it just depends on which side will turn up. It could all come down to when the warriors play the panthers as to which team is ahead of the other.
Cowboys tend to lift against their Qland cuzzies and JTs departure provides extra motivation.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Cowboys tend to lift against their Qland cuzzies and JTs departure provides extra motivation.
i know it will be a cracker of a game, no matter what. But i think JT isnt enough this time round. plus JTs departure hasnt done anything for them so far this year, they are running equal last. I think cowboys in bris will go down.

Reactions: Centurion
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

I just did my own ladder predictor, and none of you pricks laugh but I have Dragons dropping out of top four and Broncos dropping out of top eight altogether and being replaced by West Tigers who I think along with NZ Warriors won't lose another game for rest of season. Here's how my own top eight looks:

1.) Storm
2.) Roosters
3.) Rabbitohs
4.) Panthers
5.) NZ Warriors
6.) Dragons
7.) Sharks
8.) West Tigers

That means if I'm correct in the first week of final you would have two local derbies (Roosters and Rabbits, Sharks and Dragons), Panthers taking dirt nap against Storm and dust up between team who's just made finals for first time in seven years against team coached by last guy who got them there. Out of all possible predictions I've made over years, I really hope this one turns out to be true ...

:nailbiting:

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I just did my own ladder predictor, and none of you pricks laugh but I have Dragons dropping out of top four and Broncos dropping out of top eight altogether and being replaced by West Tigers who I think along with NZ Warriors won't lose another game for rest of season. Here's how my own top eight looks:

1.) Storm
2.) Roosters
3.) Rabbitohs
4.) Panthers
5.) NZ Warriors
6.) Dragons
7.) Sharks
8.) West Tigers

That means if I'm correct in the first week of final you would have two local derbies (Roosters and Rabbits, Sharks and Dragons), Panthers taking dirt nap against Storm and dust up between team who's just made finals for first time in seven years against team coached by last guy who got them there. Out of all possible predictions I've made over years, I really hope this one turns out to be true ...

:nailbiting:

Fair call on Broncs they’ve got a pretty tough run home, cows this week will be huge for the rest of the season.

You think Tigers will beat Souths? Dragons and Raiders will be tough for them too

Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Warriors Recruitment Manager
Contributor
It will be interesting to see what happens at Penrith now. With luck it will blow up in their faces.
I don't think Gus would have done it if he wasn't confident he could coach them deep into the finals. Not sure they can go all the way, but Gus has won premierships and origins so who knows. Will be nowhere for any players to hide now, as you'd imagine Gus will be out there 24/7 with Ciraldo.

Interesting situation worth watching, lucky they have 2 easy games in a row. So will get a good gauge where they're at this weekend.

Defence

Defence

Well who the fark knows but Im thinking the rabbits are in the groove and should finish minor premieres.
Dragons to cling onto 4th- they've got a good run now and I actually thought they played quite well against us.
I think we'll go on a run too ( famous last words I know...) we have some games we should win and I think that defensive effort against the dragons is something we can really build off.
Panthers have a couple of easy ones coming up and Gould is likely the o have a bit of a honeymoon period but I can just see the wheels falling off once the emotion comes out of it (might be more out of hope than anything as our round 25 clash with them will be crucial).

I've got it finishing-

Rabbits 40
Storm 36
Roosters 36
Dragons 36
Sharks 36
Warriors 34
Panthers 32
broncos 32

So home semi hosting the panthers is my guess.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Panthers have a couple of easy ones coming up and Gould is likely the o have a bit of a honeymoon period but I can just see the wheels falling off once the emotion comes out of it (might be more out of hope than anything as our round 25 clash with them will be crucial).
If Hook getting hooked makes Penrith apply their second half form for the full 80 they'll make the GF. Interestingly we have precisely the opposite problem as we haven't scored a 2nd half point for 3 weeks. I'm hoping this theory leads somehow to us meeting them in the GF but I'm not sure if it's even a real theory.

Last edited:

Far North Forever

At the start of the season our draw was ranked the toughest in the nrl. So it has proved

We play all teams twice except the following teams which we only get to play once:

Sharks
Tigers
Knights
Bulldogs
Manly
Eels

Out draw is weighted with hard games and not many of the easier teams.

Realistically the draw has probably denied us 2 extra wins. With an ‘average’ draw we would probably be comfortably in the top 4 with a far better for and against.

Puts our season into perspective of how well we have actually done and what we can expect building into next year
Tis what happens when we've been shit for 6 yrs straight, you are classed as a, well shit team therefore used as fodder for top teams.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Tis what happens when we've been shit for 6 yrs straight, you are classed as a, well shit team therefore used as fodder for top teams.
only problem with this theory is that at the start of the season, most people thought we had an easy draw. Its only because so many teams fired early that werent expected to - like the dragons and the panthers, that people now look at it as a hard draw. IMO its not the teams you play that makes the difference, its things like the amount of travel you do. Look at the roosters, imo they have the easiest draw of the lot and the warriors and the cowboys always have the worst.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Well who the fark knows but Im thinking the rabbits are in the groove and should finish minor premieres.
Dragons to cling onto 4th- they've got a good run now and I actually thought they played quite well against us.
I think we'll go on a run too ( famous last words I know...) we have some games we should win and I think that defensive effort against the dragons is something we can really build off.

I've got it finishing-

Rabbits 40
Storm 36
Roosters 36
Dragons 36
Sharks 36
Warriors 34
Panthers 32
broncos 32

So home semi hosting the panthers is my guess.
do you really think the sharks are that much better than the warriors that they will win all their remaining games. Personally i think they are the pretenders only there because of a leg up and more likely to fall than others. Their games against Canberra and the warriors were both games they should have lost and thats 4 points they would then be out of the 8 running with a chance in the pack.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

do you really think the sharks are that much better than the warriors that they will win all their remaining games. Personally i think they are the pretenders only there because of a leg up and more likely to fall than others. Their games against Canberra and the warriors were both games they should have lost and thats 4 points they would then be out of the 8 running with a chance in the pack.
Worse still, both the Sharks games against Canberra were stolen from the Raiders. Thats 6 comp points. Raiders would be in the 8, and we would be secure.

Reactions: bruce