General 2018 Fox Memorial

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
That will be interesting. Seem to have made some handy pick ups from Mt Albert though Kitiona Pasene (Pt Chev), Laupepa Pasene (Pt Chev), Dan Palavi (Pt Chev), Tama Pasene (Pt Chev).
I'll keep an eye out for when the rest of the teams are posted and add them to this thread.
Anyone know where Paulos Latu will be playing rugby union? I presume in the Auck club comp?

Reactions: Miket12

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
That will be interesting. Seem to have made some handy pick ups from Mt Albert though Kitiona Pasene (Pt Chev), Laupepa Pasene (Pt Chev), Dan Palavi (Pt Chev), Tama Pasene (Pt Chev).
I'll keep an eye out for when the rest of the teams are posted and add them to this thread.
Anyone know where Paulos Latu will be playing rugby union? I presume in the Auck club comp?
Pt Chev have recruited well IMO they got beaten up in the middle last year during the finals, so pretty much brought over the Lions forward pack, for more power lol.

Interested to see what Pt Chevs team will look like this year without the backing of Autex. I believe that leaves them without a real major sponsor...
They got some money from Autex for this year, how much is a guessing game - they declared 80 K for 2017 season, who knows?

Penpal - Cheers for keeping this thread alive

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Wonder if my beloved Otablu will carry on the Sharman promotion curse of dropping straight back down. Hope not but without money they won't get far anyway...
1 positive with them, is they haven't lost many players from last year; about 3 x all up, I heard - When they called a move, everyone knew their role and what was on; the big test will be if there young Pack can survive being muscled for 80 mins in the middle.

Reactions: mt.wellington

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 13, 2016
Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Any preview for the Tigers available?

Reactions: bruce

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Any preview for the Tigers available?
Just posting them as they come up on ARL website but it looks like they are doing very team. No idea on Ackland sorry. I had a feeling he signed for at least two years but I could be wrong on that

Reactions: bruce

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Steve Buckingham coaching. He used to play for the Warriors way back last century.
With a distinished career that lasted two games as injury cover.

BTW, Penpal thanks again for your posts on this thread.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Is Ackland still coaching them?
Yep. Signed him to two years. Thats where most of the clubs money went! Pity they had to wait to get booted to Sharman before they opened the purse. First time in the clubs history.

Not sure how much money they have left after selling the park they owned. Club bleeds the juniors dry to top up the seniors...

Steve Buckingham coaching. He used to play for the Warriors way back last century.
Spent a longtime playing and coaching the Lions. Was a faithful servant to the club. Pity how they broke apart but had to done...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
SAS Fox Memorial season preview – Otahuhu
https://www.aucklandleague.co.nz/newsarticle/60708
SAS Fox Memorial season preview – Otahuhu

Last year marked a historic low for this proud south Auckland club, being relegated to the second division for the first time in their history. But their response to secure immediate promotion to the Fox couldn’t have been better. Coach John Ackland is back, along with a handful of quality player additions. The Leopards’ hopes of a positive finish will depend greatly on the performance of their forward pack, which was their major strength in 2017.

2017 finish: Winners of the Crown Lift Trucks Sharman Cup

Ins: Jonah Sofele (Pt Chevalier), Izak Matene (Marist), Setu Tu (Mangere East), Damon Simann (Christchurch), Sione Tongia (Australia)

Outs: Nil

The draw: The fixtures list looks fairly balanced for Otahuhu, with games against last year’s play-off teams scattered evenly throughout the first and second round. The Leopards will open their campaign against Marist, before playing Howick in what is a traditional rivalry match in Round 2.

https://www.aucklandleague.co.nz/newsarticle/60708

Good news that the squad is basically still the same. That has been a curse for some clubs who have relied on Sharman players to keep them in the Fox. Only time will tell...

Reactions: NoHopeInDope

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Campbelltown Stadium

Last Game

30 May

18 - 00
7.1 Total Avg Rating
7.3 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 5.7
    Peta Hiku