Recruitment 2017 Warriors Recruitment Strategy and Targets

Generally, the best young halves look likely to create something but sometimes overplay their hand and struggle for consistency when adjusting into first grade.
Lino has looked more likely than Ata based on their limited first-grade appearances. Still happy to be proven wrong by Ata

Lino is the most average fox memorial standard half in the nrl its hard to believe he's even in the nrl.

Its pretty simple we havent developed a half since stacey. Johnson was a natural talent that brought his own game to our team. Just dont see how Lino and ata can get better. Nathan cleary is in the same bracket of age group and weve seen enough body of work that he’ll be an australian half in the future. Same with ash graham a season usually shows what youve got. Took SJ half a season to show what he had.
Hingano has had the perfect development path, so if he busts it won't be the clubs fault. I'd be looking at the trainers and possibly surrounding players, or it could be that he just isn't talented enough but I doubt it given his dominance in the U20's and in ISP.

He was one of the best halves in the ISP last year at only 19, so this year was a development year for getting used to first grade. Taking the ball to the line and his playmaking at the line has been one of his known strengths since he came on the scene and getting used that contact at the line in first grade takes while. If we don't get Green, I would 100% rather invest in developing Hingano in first grade than playing Lino.

Im shocked when people put Hingano and Lino in the same sentence. Hingano is a different calibre player than Lino all together and has been a better player than Lino for a few years now. I honestly wonder whether Im watching the same games as some of these Mason Lino lovers.

Stalefish540

System reboot, see you all in '23.
Contributor
Hingano has had the perfect development path, so if he busts it won't be the clubs fault. I'd be looking at the trainers and possibly surrounding players, or it could be that he just isn't talented enough but I doubt it given his dominance in the U20's and in ISP.

He was one of the best halves in the ISP last year at only 19, so this year was a development year for getting used to first grade. Taking the ball to the line and his playmaking at the line has been one of his known strengths since he came on the scene and getting used that contact at the line in first grade takes while. If we don't get Green, I would 100% rather invest in developing Hingano in first grade than playing Lino.

Im shocked when people put Hingano and Lino in the same sentence. Hingano is a different calibre player than Lino all together and has been a better player than Lino for a few years now. I honestly wonder whether Im watching the same games as some of these Mason Lino lovers.
Glad someone agrees with me. Lino's capabilities are fully tapped out, he is as good as hes gonna get. Ata has a much higher ceiling and is still developing.

Not everyone watches isp, from their first grade appearances Lino looks a very limited player who know his role and is confident to call for the ball. While Ata came in highly touted but went missing for periods in first grade. He is young so once he is more comfortable knowing his game we may all get to see what you have seen in the lower grades.

I don't follow many other teams in the comp (especially their isp sides) but if we go by what everyone's saying I rekon we should defs recruit this Lino character over the Hingano bloke. Definitely sounds like he'd be more suited to what we need here. Sign him up!

Hingano
Fisiiahi
Hurell
Hiku
Fusitua
Vete
Lisone
Roach

These are all guys with huge potential raps on them when they were development players.

Now take all those names and place them in Australian NRL sides.

Imagine a story where they dare challenge said Australian side through their agent.

What do you think the Australian club would do to any of those names when they had as few FG miles as an ATA HINGANO ?

cu**s on the dole at fifteen out of sixteen franchises.

To be fair, it's probably closer to the mark to say Ata's agent is the one making the threat and Ata's just keeping his head down. I think it's an empty threat...

Paasi is a very talented man for his size.....the Warriors pissed around with him at center * really daft move against the Wigan Warriors speed machines in Hamilton.

Typical poor debut for a Warrior kid against the Broncos.....offloaded when he would have been told to play it tight.....but hey....he went on to prove himself in two key areas Warrior forwards are weak.
Line bending and playing at the line with ball and footwork.

Paasi and Gavet give the Warriors some threat at the line ( quite attractive rotation options up front)...while being very different player types for Props.

lastly the Warriors back row is bland. Tohu Harris eventually will be a ball player in that pack....which again gives them some rotation options thanks to the Paasi option.

Very different Pack.....the Warriors have sucked me back in.

They do this every year don't they. I was so glad the season ended early so I wouldn't have to watch them. Now I am counting days till round 1