General 2017 Warriors Preseason Thread

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Day two of preseason training
Images warriors.kiwi | photosport.nz
Thu 3rd November, 05:26PM

Check out the photos from the squad's second day of preseason training at Mt Smart Stadium.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (1).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (2).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (3).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (4).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (5).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (6).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (7).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (8).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (9).jpeg cq5dam.web.1280.1280 (10).jpeg
https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2016/11/03/second_day_of_presea.af_info_photo-gallery.html

Saw that and came straight here to the forum haha!! That's what you get when you hire people who aren't fans of the sport/team.. Seriously, the player profiles are generally terrible and out dated, a fan would crush this website stuff for fun.

It amazes me the regularity with which our club doesn't recognize it's own players... especially ones that aren't even here anymore.

mt.wellington makes a fair point - Photosport got it wrong, Warriors let it go through.

If this keeps up, eventually there will be a Warriors photo captioned: "Warriors five eighth Herbert Messenger discussing tactics with Warriors coach Jack Gibson"

New Vodafone Warriors head coach Stephen Kearney and fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck faced the media on day two of the club’s 2017 preseason campaign at Mount Smart Stadium.

In his first media session since returning to Auckland, Kearney was questioned about a of range of topics including his overview of the club, preseason plans, Kieran Foran, Tuimoala Lolohea, injuries and the Kiwis’ Four Nations progress.

Tuivasa-Sheck talked about his ongoing recovery from his knee injury, Kearney’s arrival and training alongside Foran.

I get a kick out of Kearney interviews on the basis that he must be the most shit interviewee in the sport.
" yeah um again, process, Journey, systems, Focus, the group, Ticking boxes, Jumping through hoops, consistency, establishing a culture that allows that".

The first time the Warriors get a hiding fans will knit pick Kearney's media presentation apart.
Save your breath and typing time I recon.

Kearney has never been worth listening to irrespective of how the fortunes are going of his side.

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
I get a kick out of Kearney interviews on the basis that he must be the most shit interviewee in the sport.
" yeah um again, process, Journey, systems, Focus, the group, Ticking boxes, Jumping through hoops, consistency, establishing a culture that allows that".

The first time the Warriors get a hiding fans will knit pick Kearney's media presentation apart.
Save your breath and typing time I recon.

Kearney has never been worth listening to irrespective of how the fortunes are going of his side.

He's quite painful to listen to. Not very expressive.

Short sentence answers. Learnt a lot. Been to alot of quality clubs. Er, far, er, yeah, potential, talent. Maximise consistentcy. Journey. Er, um, er. yeah..um....er...i think, I mean and er er, um...

FMD.

Reactions: eudebrito
He's quite painful to listen to. Not very expressive.

Short sentence answers. Learnt a lot. Been to alot of quality clubs. Er, far, er, yeah, potential, talent. Maximise consistentcy. Journey. Er, um, er. yeah..um....er...i think, I mean and er er, um...

FMD.

He's actually a lot better than he used to be. Go back and listen to him during his Parra days, literally every 2nd word was, "You know..."

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
It'll be a change from the overly expressive ME and the misguided honesty approach tried by cappy.

A lot of great coaches give nothing away, hopefully we don't see mooks popping up on veitch's show talking about how he knows what the problem is but with no way of fixing it a la McFadden.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
I found these comments from Kearney interesting.

The coach, meanwhile, gave an indication of the tough love that is required if the Warriors are to break their finals drought.

Commenting on the fitness of the players who have begun pre-season, Kearney said: "There's a been couple who are OK and there's a couple who need a kick up the backside but that's pretty common in most clubs I've been at.

"There's always guys who over-indulge in the off-season but they'll get the message pretty quickly that that's not acceptable at the club any more."

I would love to know who are players who have over-indulged. We can't blame Konnie anymore for that.

They are all professionals and not amateurs. They get paid to stay in shape during the off season.

I'm just pleased he's spent all this time recently learning from Bennett on how to deal with the media - I can't think of a better Guru to learn that part of coaching under than Uncle Wayne ;)

"The Back Page" had footage of Benett being interviewed about the England team he named to play the Kiwis. Definitely uses one word where one word will do but also when two or three would be the expected minimum for clarity and explanation...

Reactions: bruce and Miket12
I think this has been mentioned somewhere before, but an area where the club is lacking is pre season (& I guess during the season) videos and other media.

For example, I've been a Bulls fan for awhile now but only recently have started trying to watch every game. I finally followed them on Facebook, and I'm glad I did. The pre season stuff they posted was epic. Lots of quality training footage and montages, voice overs from the players, team huddles, motivational Shit etc etc. basically showing the fans that the team are training hard and on the same page - working towards a common goal. Not just those lame interviews with 'warrior tv' with players 'umming' and 'ahhing' for 2 minutes or a handful of photos with incorrect player names...

He's actually a lot better than he used to be. Go back and listen to him during his Parra days, literally every 2nd word was, "You know..."
True, Kearney is prepared to make comment more in his ungainly cliche way also.
As we all know, Kearney does his talking through his non selections.
He may be evasive as to the grit of why he leaves players out, but Kearney has been through the loyalty phase, been shit on, and now if you muck him around more than once, or in a big way, you are history.

The Club will need to stick by him for years and years for that mindset of his to bare fruit.

Some big names will go, and during hard times.

Keeping Cappy was somewhat of a patient move by the club, and pretty open minded by SK.

BTW he cuts a commanding figure on the training paddock. No wonder his loyal soldiers kept making themselves available for NZ.

True, Kearney is prepared to make comment more in his ungainly cliche way also.
As we all know, Kearney does his talking through his non selections.
He may be evasive as to the grit of why he leaves players out, but Kearney has been through the loyalty phase, been shit on, and now if you muck him around more than once, or in a big way, you are history.

The Club will need to stick by him for years and years for that mindset of his to bare fruit.

Some big names will go, and during hard times.

Keeping Cappy was somewhat of a patient move by the club, and pretty open minded by SK.

BTW he cuts a commanding figure on the training paddock. No wonder his loyal soldiers kept making themselves available for NZ.

The thing about Kearny is that he's going to have a lot of lieutenants in this team. He's going to have a lot of players playing for him. This is the man that took the Kiwis to no. 1 in the world, many of whom are in this squad. Kearny has mana. And he's going to have no more an important lieutenant that Foran..
See the way Roger was talking about Kieran? The boys will take Kieran's lead without doubt... that's the kind of person he is. I think he'll be Kearnys senior leader on the field in many ways this year, all going well.

i love texas, its one of my fav places to visit. i am someone who works out a tonne and generally always eats well. i want to wish the hoff the best of luck in the land of amazing eats. i hope he doesnt come back overweight (i did).

• Haha
Reactions: eric