General 2017 Warriors Membership Thread

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Being 8th in terms of membership in the NRL is actually quite poor. Especially when you consider:
1) We are the only team from NZ in the competition.
2) There is so much potential with such a large expat Kiwi contingent scattered all throughout Australia.
3) The team we have on paper this year, is probably the best we have ever had.

Its embarrassing that we are getting beaten by Melbourne and Raiders in particular. We are just beating Dragons whose fanbase are just sick and tired of the boring football that team is playing with nothing better in sight. The jersey sales and large fan base is not translating well into crowd numbers or memberships for the club.

Im not a member because:
1) I take offence at having being term 'Aussie Proud' member. fuck that. i aint aussie proud.
2) They give you 1 ticket in a shithouse seat. I would rather purchase my own tickets thanks. Perhaps make it 30-50% discount on a game you can select tickets to that you can attend? i would guess that most people that get that membership dont even use that ticket which is probably the aim. Who goes to a game alone anyway?
3) More effort has to be put into the away functions.

South Sydney do a really good job with their memberships and its one of their priorities in engaging with the community and fanbase. Kudos to them for getting 26k at that stage, especially when its a saturated segmented market around Sydney.

The low figures just state to me that most fans are sick and tired of supporting the team disappointment after disappointment and are close to pulling the pin. Many have already and you cant really blame them.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Citygirl

Citygirl

Contributor
I continue to be a member (away membership) because I love this team, they're my team. That's how I feel about them and the club. I enjoy being a Warriors supporter and ride the roller coaster every season. I like being a small part of the club. I also like wearing my warriors gear and seeing lots of other people wearing it too. I see much more people wearing warriors gear than ABs or any other team for that matter. I think it's great. So would a premiership :p

Reactions: 4 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Im not a member because:
1) I take offence at having being term 'Aussie Proud' member. fuck that. i aint aussie proud.
2) They give you 1 ticket in a shithouse seat. I would rather purchase my own tickets thanks. Perhaps make it 30-50% discount on a game you can select tickets to that you can attend? i would guess that most people that get that membership dont even use that ticket which is probably the aim. Who goes to a game alone anyway?
3) More effort has to be put into the away functions.

tajhay have you raised these issues with the club? The points you have raised are valid.

The club is generally pretty good at listening to supporters/members concerns and sorting out these issues.

I would assume with almost half the Warriors games being played in Aussie they would want to have a large membership base.

To keep and increase the membership over there they need to keep fans like you happy and listen to their concerns.

Reactions: 1 user
Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Did anyone else get the email about warriors members joining electric kiwi and getting a free Warriors jersey??
Just signed up. Looks like cheaper power rates than I currently get with a bonus of a free jersey!!!

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Did anyone else get the email about warriors members joining electric kiwi and getting a free Warriors jersey??
Just signed up. Looks like cheaper power rates than I currently get with a bonus of a free jersey!!!
Yeah I got that and my first thought was SCAM! Who were you with? Im with Contact and they would be hard to beat with their 20% discount...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
25f694dd-6d3f-4da1-b0ba-514dd792ed5d.jpg

Members' signing session in Dunedin

Our round three clash against the Bulldogs in Dunedin is fast approaching. As a club member, we wanted to let you know that we will be holding a team signing session, exclusive to members, in Dunedin for those who are making the journey.

The signing session is scheduled for Thursday, March 16 at 5-5:45pm.

All members are invited to bring one additional person with them to the signing session. If you know of any friends/family members who are not yet members but would like to attend the signing session – let them know it’s as easy as purchasing a $39 Basic membership. The Basic membership can be purchased online at www.warriorsforever.co.nz or by calling the memberships team on 0800 839 839.

Register your interest by emailing memberships@warriors.kiwi and we will be in touch with all the details next week.

-members email

kiwileaguefan

kiwileaguefan

I just had a big whinge to the Warriors Membership team...last two years we have bought the Family Proud Membership for about $150...got our free tickets to a game (which were crap seats)...then this year they have done away with Family Proud Memberships. To sign my family up for a Proud Membership now will cost me $160 with no ticket to a game...they seriously have rocks in their heads..

I signed up myself for $40 membership (no ticket) and then signed up with electric kiwi to get the free jumper lol You can leave the power company after three months and they guarantee that your first years power bill will be less then what you pay now....so cant be that bad.

Rotang

Rotang

I repaid my Aussie membership this year, although there is no Suncorp game this year. Its a long trek to the goldie for me, but its worth it to see a Warriors game and a win.
And why did I keep my membership? Cos *if* we win a premiership, I'd feel pretty stink if I wasn't a member that year!

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Received my free home jersey today courtesy of joining electric Kiwi. I can't remember being so unenthusiastic about opening a new playing jersey before. They better start winning soon it will stay in the wardrobe with the tags still on it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Makasene

Makasene

It's my understanding my full season membership allows for discounted tickets to Warriors games.

Anyone know how I can use this to purchase tickets to the Round 11 game v Dragons in Hamilton?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Anyone else get a fridge magnet of the 2017 draw and letter from Jim Doyle in the post???

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Funny i didnt get a call, a letter, or a txt - guess they really dont care about away memberships.

Oh well thats why i didnt renew.

• Haha
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Funny i didnt get a call, a letter, or a txt - guess they really dont care about away memberships.

stink one. I didn't get a letter or a magnet either.
Jim came around to my place, gave me a fridge and told me in person.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

It was probably because you didnt renew lol. Why would he thank you for not renewing???

• Haha
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
It was probably because you didnt renew lol. Why would he thank you for not renewing???
no my point was i have never gotten a thank you for renewing in all the years i have had a membership. I assume it was because i was in aus. I never got a phone call and at the end of last year they didnt even send me an email asking me to renew.

Reactions: 2 users