General 2017 Warriors Membership Thread

My pack arrived today. Ordered a cap and got a fucking scarf which is useless in Queensland even in winter. Tomorrow it's 35, Friday 38 then 37, 36, 36, 37 with a nice break to 32 on Wednesday.
I guess I got your cap.
Its not like I need a baseball cap to block out the sun during a night game in the middle of winter at Mt. Smart.

Wouldn't be such a issue if I didn't leave last seasons scarf at the pub after a Saturday night game.

Reactions: Diesel

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I guess I got your cap.
Its not like I need a baseball cap to block out the sun during a night game in the middle of winter at Mt. Smart.

Wouldn't be such a issue if I didn't leave last seasons scarf at the pub after a Saturday night game.
If you sit in the East Stand you'll need that cap. First few games of the year are generally hot...

Reactions: Afakasi247
I agree. There was another pack where you could go to one game in Australia or QLD (can't remember), I live in Brisbane and guess what, they're not in Brisbane this year, which is strange because it's a good crowd and there is more Warriors than Broncos supporters
You're dreaming thinking there's more Warriors supporters at a Broncos game, Titans games on the other hand definitely a home game for the warriors. I haven't signed up this year for the away membership this year because there is only the one game in SE Queensland, also the tickets I've been supplied with in the past are crap and I've found myself buying better tickets, I've a litany of other complaints but decided to bitch with my wallet rather than bitch on here ;)

We in the west stand laugh at you east siders with the sun in your eyes while we sit there freezing.
Prophet Mohammed I miss sitting in the East Stand watching the boys run out:( and only seeing once or twice a year in the SEQ doesn't fulfil the need.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Warriors are inviting members to their season launch on Wednesday 22nd Feb at Sky City between 8am - 9am.

It is nice to be invited so I will be going.

Last edited:
Reactions: mt.wellington

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Ive let my membership drop this year. I want to support the team i love, but i only get to one game a year on average, and im not sitting in those crappy seats again. Seems wierd not having a membership. But at no tine have i been contacted by the club, not even by an email since before the end of last season.

Reactions: matiunz

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Membership numbers according to NRL.com...

16730382_10154498818123074_4275016800241221930_n.jpg

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Ive let my membership drop this year. I want to support the team i love, but i only get to one game a year on average, and im not sitting in those crappy seats again. Seems wierd not having a membership. But at no tine have i been contacted by the club, not even by an email since before the end of last season.

I'm in the same boat, season turned to shit before I got to use my free nsw ticket last 2 years so doing my silent protest until they improve

Reactions: gREVUS
I'm in the same boat, season turned to shit before I got to use my free nsw ticket last 2 years so doing my silent protest until they improve
Ditto stuck in a corner at Suncorp or behind the posts at Robina ain't my idea of a good time, actually maintained my membership just to attend the after matches but let that lapse when they were more like wakes. Also didn't help that I didn't receive any renewal or we'd like you back emails.

Membership numbers according to NRL.com...

Actually surprising to see how strong our numbers are considering how consistently bad we have been last couple of years. 13,000 members is alot for underperforming club like ours as I know a large number of people who have let their membership go especially in past year, two of which have been original club members since 1995. Saying that though I don't blame them as we have to be one of only teams in competition that doesn't reward loyalty. There is number of clubs who will discount cost of your membership every year you renew it, with longer you stay member the more and more it ends up costing you nothing. Honestly I don't want to sound like I'm blasting my team with this post because seriously I'm not, I'm just saying compared to other clubs in NRL having NZ Warriors membership is kind of like holding onto to Subway card but instead of getting free sandwich every few weeks they instead shit in medium sized cup and tell you to help yourself to drinks ... ;)

After last year I decided nope, no way. I am done with the bloody Warriors. 20 odd years of underacheiving apart from one season where they had a realistic shot at the title. I am so sick of getting let down after all the preseason hype again and again and again. And the way they folded over the last few seasons was sickening to watch. But I stuck it out
I was actually happy to be put out of my misery at the end of the regular season last year.
And then over the off season I was starting to weaken. Has the club got a chance with a new coach? Will Foran make a difference? Will Johnson grow a pair? Will the under performers stand up? Should I renew my membership after all?
Thankfully our showing at the Nines bought me back to reality.
Nope, no way. I am done

But then, what if this is THE year?
Even the Sharks won eventually
Imagine if they won and I wasn't on board

Or am I dreaming?

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Should I renew my membership after all?
Thankfully our showing at the Nines bought me back to reality.
Nope, no way. I am done

But then, what if this is THE year?
Even the Sharks won eventually
Imagine if they won and I wasn't on board

Or am I dreaming?

On a serious note, if you don’t give the club $70 for a scarf and a lanyard, don’t think that makes you less of a supporter. Was a member last year because tickets to the wellington game were included in the price.

No game this year, no membership. They did email and ring asking to re-join though.