Gameday 2017 NRL Grand Final Thread

Who are you supporting today? You can make 3 choices.

• NRL - Storm

• NRL - Cowboys

• State - Panthers

• State - PNG Hunters

• NYC - Eels

• NYC - Manly

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Yep I'll be there. Not a supporter of either but to be there and see possibly the greatest club team of the
modern area ( the Storm) wouldn't miss it for quids. There opponents the Cows are playing with so much
ticker. I dips me lid to them

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Cant make it this year as im working interstate. Hope you all have a great time!

Go the cowboys!

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
Teams List for Holden Cup Grand Final. Have highlighted Kiwi eligible players from both teams

Sea Eagles Holden Cup team

1 Jade Anderson
2 Alfred Smalley
3 Tevita Funa
4 Semisi Kioa
5 Bilal Maarbani
6 Tom Wright
7 Cade Cust
8 Jaiden Tarrant
9 Manase Fainu (C)
10 Elia Faatui
11 Blake Andrews
12 Josh Martin
13 Haumole Olakauátu

Interchange
14 Kurtis Preece
15 Jesse Martin
16 Zaan Weatherall
17 John Tuivati

Reserves
18 Taniela Paseka
19 Keith Titmuss
20 Luke Polselli
21 Joseph Ma'u
22 Kaine McQuiggin
23 Michael Fenn

Keep an eye out for Manase Fainu still only 19, was selected for the Junior Kiwis earlier in the year can play in the halves and hooker. One of the best Kiwi talents coming up don't be surprised if he makes his NRL debut next year. Also keep an eye out for Taniela Paseka named in the reserves, don't be surprised if he plays. 200cm tall weighing at 119km a Man mountain.

Parramatta Eels NYC side
1. Anthony Layoun
2. Greg Leleisiuao
3. Dane Aukafolau
4. Noel Aukafolau
5. John Fonua
6. Dean Matterson (c)
7. Dylan Brown
8. Sean Keppie
9. Denzal Tonise (c)
10. Oregon Kaufusi
11. Dylan Clifford
12. Salesi Faingaa
13. Ray Stone

Interchange
14. Reed Mahoney
15. Mitch Butfield
16. Frank Salu
17. Dom Murphy

Reserves
18. Tangi Hokai
19. Emosi Alamoti
20. Tuimavave Afualo
21. Nick Okladnikov
22. Kamren Cryer
23. Austin Dias

Keep an eye out for Greg Leleisiuao has made the Junior Kiwis for the last two years. A try scoring tackle busting freak. A matter of when and not if he will play NRL. Dylan Brown originally from Whangarei still only 17. Earlier this year he won the SG Ball comp with Paramatta scoring a hat-trick in the final

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Teams List for Holden Cup Grand Final. Have highlighted Kiwi eligible players from both teams

Sea Eagles Holden Cup team

1 Jade Anderson
2 Alfred Smalley
3 Tevita Funa
4 Semisi Kioa
5 Bilal Maarbani
6 Tom Wright
7 Cade Cust
8 Jaiden Tarrant
9 Manase Fainu (C)
10 Elia Faatui
11 Blake Andrews
12 Josh Martin
13 Haumole Olakauátu

Interchange
14 Kurtis Preece
15 Jesse Martin
16 Zaan Weatherall
17 John Tuivati

Reserves
18 Taniela Paseka
19 Keith Titmuss
20 Luke Polselli
21 Joseph Ma'u
22 Kaine McQuiggin
23 Michael Fenn

Keep an eye out for Manase Fainu still only 19, was selected for the Junior Kiwis earlier in the year can play in the halves and hooker. One of the best Kiwi talents coming up don't be surprised if he makes his NRL debut next year. Also keep an eye out for Taniela Paseka named in the reserves, don't be surprised if he plays. 200cm tall weighing at 119km a Man mountain.

Parramatta Eels NYC side
1. Anthony Layoun
2. Greg Leleisiuao
3. Dane Aukafolau
4. Noel Aukafolau
5. John Fonua
6. Dean Matterson (c)
7. Dylan Brown
8. Sean Keppie
9. Denzal Tonise (c)
10. Oregon Kaufusi
11. Dylan Clifford
12. Salesi Faingaa
13. Ray Stone

Interchange
14. Reed Mahoney
15. Mitch Butfield
16. Frank Salu
17. Dom Murphy

Reserves
18. Tangi Hokai
19. Emosi Alamoti
20. Tuimavave Afualo
21. Nick Okladnikov
22. Kamren Cryer
23. Austin Dias

Keep an eye out for Greg Leleisiuao has made the Junior Kiwis for the last two years. A try scoring tackle busting freak. A matter of when and not if he will play NRL. Dylan Brown originally from Whangarei still only 17. Earlier this year he won the SG Ball comp with Paramatta scoring a hat-trick in the final
That's a good representation of Kiwi boys. Let's hope there's some future Warriors stars amongst them

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
watched every grand final since 1987, but never in person yet

every year i say im going to save to go and then say the same the next year and the year after LOL !!

Its a vicious cycle haha
You need to go just one, great atmosphere and a really good day

Reactions: Defence

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
My wife says she'll shout me when the Warriors are next in the NRL grand final ---- sadly, I think her money is very safe!!!!

Next thing she'll be saying she hopes she dies the day after the Warriors win their first Grand Final. Immortality...

I would be going but for an injury. Go the Cows!

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

drunk_monk

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2014
'Strayan's are dumb.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainme...anthem-shoots-to-the-top-of-australian-charts

The reality is they have a star performing one of his hit songs.
They claim letting him sing his hit song is inserting politics into sports so called for it to be banned.
But banning it would be inserting politics into sport.

As it stands he is going to perform a hit song for the show. Changing what he does or doesn't sing because of politics IS inserting politics into the sport's show.

So in saying don't insert politics into sports, they are trying t insert politics in sports..... :facepalm:

Evil_Mush

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I'll always regret not shouting myself to the 2011 Grand Final for my 30th as I'd initially planned during that year.

I blame Van Halen, if they hadnt pulled out of the concert that was supposed to be happening a few days beforehand on my birthday in Melbourne I wouldve been there with bells on.

Oh well.

So nrl.com saying 9.15 kickoff? I guess Ill just mosey on down to one of my mates place or to the local bar a 10 minute stroll from my place (no sky in flat).

• Haha
Reactions: Defence

drunk_monk

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2014
Macklemore a star? I'd rather have music royalty like Billy Idol.
I don't like hai music either but that doesn't stop him being a date.

He's a wildly successful musician so I don't see how you could objectively say he's not a star. Or whatever synonym you want to use if you feel star is too strong for a wildly successful musician.

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I don't like hai music either but that doesn't stop him being a date.

He's a wildly successful musician so I don't see how you could objectively say he's not a star. Or whatever synonym you want to use if you feel star is too strong for a wildly successful musician.
Just saying he's no Billy Idol on a hovercraft ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Trugoy

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
Yessir Grand Final Day.
One thing I always loved about moving to Oz as a kid in the late 80's was all of my primary school mates had big BBQ's and party's for the GF.
Was a big deal for the whole neighbourhood.
Huge difference from my dad having to take me down to a pub in Ellerslie (no idea of the name) to watch it live via satellite, with about 7 other league loving patrons watching with us..haha the good old days.
Still a special day for my family.
Hoping for the Cowboys to pull off the fairytale, but if the Storm come through it will be well deserved.
Oh, and right behind the PNG Hunters for the State Championship.
Enjoy the day/night guys!

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings