General 2016 World Club Series

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Geez those Nikorima's boys are talented. What about the composure of Kodi to score that try.

Wigan getting towelled up at the moment. Crowd have gone quiet...

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Reminds me of the early super league days when the Warriors were pure shite down here. They went up there for the World whatever it was and whupped everybody. They would probably run up a decent score against their defence and might even be able to hold them out now. Just shows how tough the NRL has become.

surfin

surfin

Wigan were all fire and brimstone at the start, but an awful lot of the Broncs tries were long distance off Wigan mistakes, followed by mostly no effort. In one of them I think the Wigan #4 got no one, he turned and chased the break but once they got to halfway he literally stopped dead and turned and walked in the opposite direction. Wane is supposed to be a coach that stands for no shit, I wonder if that guy gets drag across the coals.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Wigan were all fire and brimstone at the start, but an awful lot of the Broncs tries were long distance off Wigan mistakes, followed by mostly no effort. In one of them I think the Wigan #4 got no one, he turned and chased the break but once they got to halfway he literally stopped dead and turned and walked in the opposite direction. Wane is supposed to be a coach that stands for no shit, I wonder if that guy gets drag across the coals.
Yeah that early exchange was looking the goods. One thing I will give Wigan is how fast their play of the ball was. They made some serious metres off the back of it. The first 10 minutes it looked like they were actually dominating the game thanks to some aggressive defence. Gotta love how the Broncos just kept going. The ease with which they scored would have shocked the pies. Typical Wayne Bennett simple yet very effective gameplan...

Reactions: 1 users
surfin

surfin

That's the thing with Bennett, he obviously has a great football brain, but his man management is second to none.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

I cant see it getting better for the ESL tomorrow - this isn't the Leads side that won the treble last year due to retirements and injury.

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I cant see it gstting better for the ESL tomorrow - this isn't the Leads side that won the treble last year due to retirements and injury.
They said after the Wigan/Broncos game that Leeds can field the same 17 that won the SL last year if they choose...

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Bell was trying to get him to the Warriors.:eek::eek::eek:

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Why arent the Warriors playing the Warriors during the club challenge? Dont we have a sister club thingy with each other? Also a chance to bring out another jersey. Thought the club would be all over that...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jay M

Jay M

Why arent the Warriors playing the Warriors during the club challenge? Dont we have a sister club thingy with each other? Also a chance to bring out another jersey. Thought the club would be all over that...

isn't it top 3 from the NRL vs the top 3 from the ESL? Hence why the Broncos, Cowboys, Roosters are there...

when we make the top 3 - maybe we have a chance ;)

• Haha
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

They said after the Wigan/Broncos game that Leeds can field the same 17 that won the SL last year if they choose...

I read on the BBC website that they have seven of their prefered starting thirteen unavailable due to injury.

Last edited:
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

Yeah that "sister club" thing kinda fizzled out after the Tomkins signing didn't it? Lol

Heard they were looking at extending it next year and holding a couple of games in each country. Actually wouldn't mind us playing Catalans with the whole overseas club angle to raise the profile in both countries

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Actually wouldn't mind us playing Catalans with the whole overseas club angle to raise the profile in both countries

The clubs selected are suposed to be the top three performers in the respective competitions, so neither would have been close last year.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Yeah that "sister club" thing kinda fizzled out after the Tomkins signing didn't it? Lol
I think it was another Dean Bell idea.
Actually wouldn't mind us playing Catalans with the whole overseas club angle to raise the profile in both countries
The Nazis wiped out league during WWII and it has never recovered. Probably never will.

mode81

mode81

Haha.. eat a fist and dirt Tamou you cu**.

ESL what a pathetic showing from those teams.

And they want to take this World Club Series to Oz? NRL teams will belt them all by 50 + if they play on those rock hard tracks at this time of year.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
And they want to take this World Club Series to Oz?
They are dreaming. Does anybody remember the Super League World Series? The Poms were bad up,there but absolutely pathetic down here. Some of those NRL suits have rocks in their head.