General 2016 Warriors Player Reviews

I like how you put a slightly different way to rate the players based of their value against the salary cap. Only 2 i would change would be luke to C as from the start of the season he should be in better shape he's a seasoned pro should know better and lead by example wasnt that one of the reasons we signed him? For leadership and winning mentality (aside from the fact he wanted to come home) and Maumalo to an F as in for Free. Anyone take him! He's yours not an NRL player not a winger been taken to school pretty much every game our defence was under pressure. A real weak link and a way to let in easy points

With the family problems Luke had in the off season I think we have to cut him a bit of slack.

Reactions: Defence and Inruin
I really don't think Matulino gives a fuck, and if he's on big coin he needs to be torn a new asshole, if he can't be fucked he can fuck off,I just don't rate him anymore( as you can probably tell)
This season aside he's the best we have an we will never sign a prop that can be as good as he is on his day. He needs a better coach and a boot up the arse. In saying that id rather see him in the back row

Reactions: Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
With the family problems Luke had in the off season I think we have to cut him a bit of slack.

Oh, so that explains why he came here fat and overweight. He was eating for two not realising it was his wife that was pregnant.

He wants you to cut him more slice of the pie. You cant eat slack.

We got about 1/2 dozen games of good service from Luke. So much for leadership.

JoeyJohns

The article about the Warriors going backwards under Cappy hit the nail on the head. We can talk about a long term plan raising the standard. I certainly advocated that at the beginning of the season. But have we raised the standard? Results are not showing. Are there other indications?

Glaring coaching errors: Lolohea not being used off the bench. Lolohea being used at FB after proving time and time again he can't catch the high ball and he is slow to get back in defence. Couldn't coach a fit Hurrell and let the most promising forwards (RFM and Taukeiaho) go elsewhere, who is now reaching his potential somewhere else. Every season we start the last quarter in the 8 and somehow lose from there on in. Cappy has repeatedly ended interviews with " I don't what the answer is" or some shit like that.

Conclusion: Cappy doesn't have the answers. But the players are saying they don't want 'change'. That means they might know the coach isn't the best, but they are committed to the big picture. If we are committed to long term gain for short term pain, then we have to stay the course with Cappy. We're going to have to endure more pain. Because I believe we've had to blood a heck of a lot of young guys. And that is why we suck. Next year Kata, Fusitua, Maumalo, Lisone, Vete, Lolohea, Gubb, Roache, Tevaga will be a year wiser. Hopefully Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson won't get seriously injured.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the management state the bigger picture publicly after the recruitment of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Bully ? To make the TOP 4, nothing less. Otherwise agree with your post on personal performances.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Players finished their individual reviews on Friday. Basically canvassed their views on the season. Asked about the coach, other trainers and each other. What they thought of them. Likes, dislikes, what can be done better, etc. It was this type of review that saw Carl Jennings get the boot after all of the players were found to dislike him.

They still back Cappy but have no idea if he will keep his job. Players blame themselves for underperforming. Mainly spine players at the start and the pack towards the end. When I asked about the pack I was told its all down to confidence as it was for all players. So much of it is mental. If you havent got that right then no amount of skill or muscle is going to save you.

Warriors will be doing a bit of community work during the off season like feeding and clothing the homeless. That starts tomorrow night...

Players finished their individual reviews on Friday. Basically canvassed their views on the season. Asked about the coach, other trainers and each other. What they thought of them. Likes, dislikes, what can be done better, etc. It was this type of review that saw Carl Jennings get the boot after all of the players were found to dislike him.

They still back Cappy but have no idea if he will keep his job. Players blame themselves for underperforming. Mainly spine players at the start and the pack towards the end. When I asked about the pack I was told its all down to confidence as it was for all players. So much of it is mental. If you havent got that right then no amount of skill or muscle is going to save you.

Warriors will be doing a bit of community work during the off season like feeding and clothing the homeless. That starts tomorrow night...

Well, the fact that the players largely attribute the lack of success this season to a lack of confidence (which, when experienced by a number of players in a team will almost always totally preclude success) casts a very dim light on the coaching staff - perhaps unintentionally so, given their supposed support for Cappy, but dim nonetheless. To my mind, the greatest and most important task for any coach, beyond gameplan, tactics, etc etc - is instilling confidence in your charges. If Cappy is failing to do that, and he has repeatedly throughout his tenure here, by his own admission, then he is failing in his most critical role.

So wonder why they can only attract journey men type aussie players here
Now if the club release Cappy
the players will be low on confidence
as the coach they wanted will be gone
Maybe some tough decesions need to be made JD

Inruin

Contributor
Well, the fact that the players largely attribute the lack of success this season to a lack of confidence (which, when experienced by a number of players in a team will almost always totally preclude success) casts a very dim light on the coaching staff - perhaps unintentionally so, given their supposed support for Cappy, but dim nonetheless. To my mind, the greatest and most important task for any coach, beyond gameplan, tactics, etc etc - is instilling confidence in your charges. If Cappy is failing to do that, and he has repeatedly throughout his tenure here, by his own admission, then he is failing in his most critical role.
yet they played pretty bloody well for a long part of the season. Is the confidence thing more from putting in the effort and not getting the result? ie the golden point losses must have been hard to take

yet they played pretty bloody well for a long part of the season. Is the confidence thing more from putting in the effort and not getting the result? ie the golden point losses must have been hard to take

Maybe. But the kind of capitulation we saw at the end of the season, to me, speaks to a far worse issue with confidence than merely a few golden point losses would conjure.