• Shaun Lane

• Sione Luusi

• Simon Mannering

• Solomone Kata

• Thomas Leuluai

• Toafofoa Sipley

• Tuimoala Lolohea

Results are only viewable after voting.
My point is, I wish we had 10+ players who were consistently outstanding... or even, you know, more than 1, pushing Simon for that award.

I agree with you. When we are defending our line and they run at Mannering, I feel very confident. When they run at others, I hold my breath. If the other players played with his desperation, determination and passion for the jersey we would be a very fine club.

5 years of not making the finals, 5 years Simon Mannering player of the year. He is the default winner because he can tackle and not because he can actually play any football

Depressing, thought Simon was bog average this season he clearly wins it by default. Not sure if he would be starting at any other NRL club other than Newcastle Knights. Warriors are so disappointing.
You know he's had other clubs (and super rugby teams) try and recruit him right?

He didn't win it 5 years in a row. Over the last 5 years, he's won it 3 times and Matulino twice.

Says a lot about the rest of the team though. They're either too shit to get to that level or they don't want to. Probably a mixture of both.

Edit - Simon has actually won it 4 times over the last 6 years. Ben twice.

Depressing, thought Simon was bog average this season he clearly wins it by default. Not sure if he would be starting at any other NRL club other than Newcastle Knights.
Making comments like that without elaborating isn't good enough mate - explain how one of the top defensive players in the game wouldn't get a start in any club except the Knights please. Was it sarcasm, or are you just trolling for shits and giggles?

Reactions: Stone
Sam Lisone wins mine. No real though process behind it, just love his runs. Sadly his year was tainted by the Energy drinks saga (Hopefully their is no correlation between him making stupid decisions on field and him making stupid decisions off it. I.e. Giving away stupid-ass penalties) ANYWAY I hope he has a massive 2017 and that Kearney can bring the best out of him.

Having an opinion and feeling strongly about it isn't trolling. I don't necessarily agree with his thoughts on Mannering, but it certainly isn't trolling.

5 years of not making the finals, 5 years Simon Mannering player of the year. He is the default winner because he can tackle and not because he can actually play any football
He is like lionel messi
Default winner because he only scores goals cant defend to save himself
Simon not a Nrl champ
Messi not a world champion
Simon still has a chance
Messi given up