General 2016 Warriors Membership Thread

crump81

Warriors Bench Player
May 18, 2012
I got a phone call the other day from warriors hq asking if id like to become a member for 2016. Strange thing as I said to them, im already one. How much research do they do before they ring people around?

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012

We’ve cracked 10,000 members

With just over two weeks to go until the 2016 NRL starts, now is the time to join our army of more than 10,000 committed supporters and become a Vodafone Warriors member.

Good seats are selling fast so get in quick to make sure you’re there with our loyal members to show your passion for the Vodafone Warriors.

Like you, we’re all fired up with the season starting in just over two weeks against Wests Tigers on Saturday, March 5.

And we can’t wait for our first home game of the season when we host the Melbourne Storm at Mount Smart Stadium on Sunday, March 20 (4.00pm kick-off).

Thanks also to everyone who was there supporting the Vodafone Warriors at the Downer NRL Auckland Nines at Eden Park and last weekend’s trial against the Titans in Whangarei.

Next up is our final trial against St George Illawarra at Trafalgar Park in Nelson this Saturday (5.00pm kick-off).

And for those around Auckland, don’t forget the Luke Tipene Celebration Day at Harold Moody Reserve in Glen Eden on Sunday. We’ll have New South Wales Cup, NYC and Under-18 selections on show. It all starts at 9.45am.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
How does 10,000 compare to the other clubs? Anyone got an idea?

Here's a snip from the league unlimited site. Obviously these numbers have changed but it will give you an idea:

club memberships.JPG

Reactions: mt.wellington

Rotang

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 13, 2015
Brisbane
Cool, thanks Miket12. So we're middle of the pack, that's not bad. Another 5,000 will jump on the bandwagon when we win this years premiership. :wideyed: I think 15k is a good target.

Reactions: Miket12

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
JD announced so far a club record 15,500 members had signed on to support the team in 2016.
Thats a huge increase in the past few days.

If the over 15k members is correct, we would basically triple our numbers from 2014 by the time we kick off against the Tigers. Thats a great achievement.

Fenderboy

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
From the members email sent out yesterday

"HAVE YOUR SAY | Team run-out song

As a valued member of the Vodafone Warriors we'd like to give you the opportunity to have your say on what you think the team run-out song should be at every home game.

I'm thinking

"Don't stop believing" by Journey for the team

"One bourbon, one scotch, one beer" by John Lee Hooker/George Thorogood for the members

"Got me under pressure" by ZZ Top for Cappy

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013

As a valued member of the Vodafone Warriors we'd like to give you the opportunity to have your say on what you think the team run-out song should be at every home game.

Bitch don’t kill my vibe – Kendrick Lamar
Everybody Hurts – REM

They are just asking for plenty of gallows humour with that one..

And my bronze-away-member-scarf thingy they sold me over the phone hasn’t arrived yet! C’mon warriors sort it out!

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
From the members email sent out yesterday

I'm thinking

"Don't stop believing" by Journey for the team

"One bourbon, one scotch, one beer" by John Lee Hooker/George Thorogood for the members

"Got me under pressure" by ZZ Top for Cappy
Cleary singing "Fix You" ;)

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
Hopefully someone can answer a couple of questions I have...In a couple of weeks I'm going to get the $79 standard QLD warrior membership. I'll use the free ticket for the tits game, but just wondering, will there be some sort of code that I enter on the Titans ticketek site? Because I'll go with a few others who will be paying. Basically, I don't want to have to get my free one separately and not be sitting with my paying friends/family.

...and the other one. I'll be going to week 1 of the finals (if we make it) and with the membership I can get early bird tickets (2nd priority they call it). In order to get more than one early bird ticket, do we all need to be members?

For example - 4 of us going but only 1 needs to be a member to get the early tickets? I'm guessing this is the case. Just want to be up to date with everything well in advance.

tajhay

👻
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Hopefully someone can answer a couple of questions I have...In a couple of weeks I'm going to get the $79 standard QLD warrior membership. I'll use the free ticket for the tits game, but just wondering, will there be some sort of code that I enter on the Titans ticketek site? Because I'll go with a few others who will be paying. Basically, I don't want to have to get my free one separately and not be sitting with my paying friends/family.

...and the other one. I'll be going to week 1 of the finals (if we make it) and with the membership I can get early bird tickets (2nd priority they call it). In order to get more than one early bird ticket, do we all need to be members?

For example - 4 of us going but only 1 needs to be a member to get the early tickets? I'm guessing this is the case. Just want to be up to date with everything well in advance.
Im pretty sure you cant mate. Those free tix they give you are usually in the away supporters bay, and quite frankly the worst seats at CBUS Stadium.

It all depends on where the others in your group want to sit. If they want to sit in the away supporters bay, or in better seats. BTW the 'obstructed seats' at CBUS are actually quite good ones. Not sure if ticketek can assign online tickets next to member tickets. You might need to call them up.

Reactions: eric

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

I know with the nsw membership you get an e-mail before the games in nsw and you e-mail them back if you want to use your free ticket for that game, I'm pretty sure you can pay for extra tickets to go with your free one if you were going with friends

Reactions: gREVUS

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
MEMBER CHRISTMAS EVENT

Spirit of giving for members' Christmas event

The Vodafone Warriors are supporting Lifewise’s campaign to end homelessness by urging all members to give generously at the annual members’ Christmas event at Bert Henham Park in Otahuhu on December 10 (8.00am-10.30am).

Collection bins will be available for members to donate items such as non-perishable food, blankets, clothing and shoes.

A barbecue will also be in operation with all proceeds donated to Lifewise, a community social development organisation which strives to develop new ways of solving challenging issues to help turn people’s lives around.

This year’s members’ Christmas gathering will be built around an NRL training run (starting at 8.00am) before a signing session and a visit from Santa while there’ll also be activities on site for kids including the popular Vodafone Warriors passing wall.

"This year we’ve decided to change direction with our members’ Christmas by focusing on giving back to the community and helping those in need," said Vodafone Warriors managing director Jim Doyle.

"We are encouraging as many members as possible to join staff and players by entering into the spirit of giving to such an important cause. We want to do all we can to help and think this is a perfect opportunity for everyone connected with the club."

The Vodafone Warriors’ association with Lifewise continues a link established in September when the NRL squad visited Merge Café. While there the players cooked for customers, served them and mixed with them as well as giving away clothing and footwear. Lifewise says every dollar spent at Merge Café goes towards housing homeless people.

2017 Vodafone Warriors members are invited to register by clicking the button below to email memberships@warriors.kiwi to attend the Christmas event with the details of those attending.

Reactions: bruce

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings