General 2016 Warriors Membership Thread

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Dear Sir Jim

You need to get alongside your membership team and find out what state they are in

I renewed my membership in the pre-public window and have received my 2016 tickets and goodies

So how is that today i receive a call from your membership team asking me whether I am going to renew my membership

Me thinks the club's records need to be updated and quickly so that your membership team doesn't make a Joe Hunt of themselves ringing others

Regards

Reactions: tajhay

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Dear Sir Jim

You need to get alongside your membership team and find out what state they are in

I renewed my membership in the pre-public window and have received my 2016 tickets and goodies

So how is that today i receive a call from your membership team asking me whether I am going to renew my membership

Me thinks the club's records need to be updated and quickly so that your membership team doesn't make a Joe Hunt of themselves ringing others

Regards
Dixpat Dixpat, I'm still get emails with members only offers - even though I didn't renew my membership for last season and won't renew for this season because of other 'priorities' these two years.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Every time I tried to renew my membership there was an error and it wouldn't work, assumed maybe I was on auto renew but have not received any goodies :;

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Just renewed my proud membership no problems.. Like the idea of the Proud Premium that includes a ticket to 2 games can choose from the chch, Welly or Naki games! For $79.

Also just booked flights to chch for the game against the Panthers. Will do the road trip to New Plymouth the following weekend too...

Happy days!

Reactions: Miket12

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
just checking out the proud membership and the premium proud membership

just wondering , the proud premium is x2 tickets, so i could use both tickets for the Taranaki game ??

does that mean x2 of everything is in that pack, scarf, lanyard etc or just an extra ticket

for $20 extra thought thats a good deal to get x2 tickets

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

just wondering , the proud premium is x2 tickets, so i could use both tickets for the Taranaki game ??

does that mean x2 of everything is in that pack, scarf, lanyard etc or just an extra ticket

Email them. You'll have a reply in less than 24 hours...

Reactions: Gee

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand

That's not how I read it... The 2 tickets would be for seperate games that you can chose from....either from the Naki, chch or Welly. I doubt you would get 2 scarves etc... It's only 1 memerbership!

Rotang

1st Grade Fringe
Jan 13, 2015
Brisbane
I love my QLD membership, Ticket to Broncs and Tits game. And the goldie always has a members event. I wonder if I can use a home game for the Wellington Match?

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Anyone make it to the NSW members forum in Sydney tonight? Unfortunately had to work late but would be keen to hear what was discussed if anyone from here went...

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Anyone make it to the NSW members forum in Sydney tonight? Unfortunately had to work late but would be keen to hear what was discussed if anyone from here went...
nah i really wanted to go but didnt see them email till 4pm like you i was working. would of loved at least a day or so notice. probably i good thing i didnt go. all i would of done was confess my love to sir Jim Doyle to his face.......

Jordan G

This was posted by a Warriors fan on LU. The Matulino situation had been spoken about before on here, but the JWH thing.....never heard that one. Also very interesting that we went after RTS with the view of moving Tomkins to the halves rather than a straight swap as initially thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys
On thursday night Jim Doyle flew over here to Sydney to meet with some of the NSW warriors supporters to talk about membership and all things footy. I wrote up a report for the facebook page just thought id chuck it in here to, let us know what you think

Hey Team
I also went along to the NSW Warriors Supporters forum the other night and just thought i would write a bit of report about it. Bear with it as its a little long
I went along with a couple of questions lined up but more so wanted to hear from Jim Doyle regarding the state of affairs in Warrior land and his vision for the next few years
WOW
He started off telling us a little about himself, born and raised in Scotland. Beat out 285 applicants to become a apprentice electrician, not because he was the better qualified but because he was a gun dart player and the boss wanted him on their work date team. Moved to South Africa in 1981 and did some study got further qualifications and met his future wife there. Later on moved to NZ and worked at Navman, CEO i think he said and turned it from a $3 million company into a $500 million dollar company eventually selling it and pocketing $100 million. He said he then retired cos he had heaps of money but soon became bored and started work at NZRL then NRL and now at the Warriors.
He then introduced us to a power point presentation which was on point. He said previous administration had no real club values so he wanted to establish some. He surveyed all past Warrior players and asked them just 2 questions. Who were the best couple of players in their opinion to have played for the Warriors and what did those players bring to the club.

The top 5 players voted by their peers were Simon Mannering, Stacey Jones, Manu Vatuvei, Michael Luck and Ruben Wiki (which I guessed all 5) and the top 5 values of the club were; courageous, passionate, uncompromising, selfless and grounded. Each of those values were paired off with a player and they came up with;

Simon Mannering - GROUNDED (humble,respectful,role model)
Stacey Jones - COURAGOUS (tough,fearless,resillient)
Manu Vatuvai - PASSIONATE (honest,demanding,never say die)
Ruben Wiki - UNCOMPROMISING (high standards,dedicated,no short cuts)
Michael Luck - SELFLESS (team first, loyal, sacrifices)
He showed us a picture of the changing room which we will be able to see via the TV cameras this year of each player with those words across their picture. These represent the 5 values of our club.

Jim spoke about a chain that hes put together to which he wants the club achieve
Peak Performer
Winner
Contender
Competitor
Under performer

The last few seasons we have floated around the under performer to competitor range, and only 2 seasons out of 20 have we made it to contender. Not good enough. Hes put in structures to achieve consistancy and become the most consistant team in Australiasia. To achieve that he had to get rid of dead wood. (13 players)

He then told us about 3 core values that they want to achieve for a vision as a club
1. Most entertaining
2. Most engaging
3. Most respected
Through these, the club culture and the way that other clubs portray us will be established.

Karlos Kelly has gone into detail in his report about this.
Some of the things that the players are going to do to achieve these core values he mentioned were;

- After every game, every player will shake the refs hands

- After every game, the players, whether they play home or away are going to come over and acknowledge the fans that have turned up

- Every player that warms up before a home game is going to warm up in a tshirt and then when they go into the changing rooms they get changed into the match play kit, they will sign the tshirt, which will then get placed in the tshirt gun to be fired into the crowd at half time

- More match day activities

- More community based work which will hopefully lead the club to be the #1 community engaging club in the NRL

- Every NSW game, the warriors are going to work with the home team to have a designated bay for the away supporters to sit, chant and make noise

- One of the more humorous initiatives Jim brought up is that they are going to implement a fine system: when a player scores, the last person to run over and congratulate them will be fined (I'm picking all the fatties like Lillyman will get severely fined haha)

- The team is to come out and warm up together, and at the end of the game, after acknowledging all of the supporters they leave together to engage more solidarity. A we are in this together mentality

- They are very close to signing a new 10 year deal to stay at Mt SMart. Last year they wanted the Warriors out but he is expecting to sign off on it soon. Plus they are going to make some improvments to the ground. They have a contract for 10 games a year at Mt Smart and are exploring all options to play the 2 "home games" elsewhere. They will be watching the Warriors v Panthers game in Christchurch closely

- One last thing I remember him saying was that the fans and members need to be put first, for example if they have a signing or a new sponsor come on board the members will be told first, website second, media third. He wants us to be known as a family club
He then asked for questions from us, not to many were in relation to membership but more so just footy questions, but Jim had some good answers and in my opinion some awesome questions were asked and a couple that weren't so awesome. but heres a rundown

Someone asked if we could have the same club colours every year eg: bulldogs blue and white. Jim responded with we're having new uniforms for 2017 & 2018, he has seen the design and it's very similar to what we have now, just a couple of tweaks but the colours are the same. I simply asked for a poster to be added to the membership pack for the away members and he responded with a Yes straight away.

Another good question was how Waitangi Day here in Australia is getting bigger and bigger every year, there is a massive opportunity to have a Warrior representative at these festival days to attract new membership as well as basically get out for a meet and greet with the Kids etc, could it be possible to have some players not in the 9s or allstars game come along for the day. Jim liked the idea and would def look into it.

Someone asked about how the signings of the RTS and Issac Luke came about, Jim said that he's known RTS for a while and that RTS lived with his mum & dad, brother & sister and his girlfriend had moved in with him and he was settled but he wanted to branch out on his own so to speak. He was off contract at the end of 2015 and Tompkins was off contract at the end of 2016. The plan was to play Tompkins at 6 and RTS at 1, but Tompkins asked if he could be released to go back home, which they granted. RTS and his girlfriend have setup home in AKL, are settled and now its all about them. RTS has come over from a professional winning culture and is starting to rub off on his new team mates. One of the first things RTS asked for when he got here was could the club hire a sprint coach as he just wants to get faster and isnt content with the speed he has now so they hired a coach for him so that coach had one client but now most of the backs are his clients as they have seen how hard RTS works and is always looking to improve and they want to be part of it.

When Jim worked at NZRL he asked Issac if he was keen to come over to the Warriors but he said No because Matt Elliott was the coach and Issac said not many of the players liked Matt Elliott. As soon as Jim was announced as the new CEO of the Warriors, the very next day Issac rang him and said he wanted to come over. Jim said but youve just signed a new 3 year deal with the Rabittohs but Issac said I dont care I want to come home and they got the deal done. Jim also mentioned that Issac is in the same mold as RTS in terms of professionalism and not leaving any stone unturned in his pursuit of greatness. The day he arrived in the country he turned up to training because he wanted to get a head start.

Someone asked Jim about further signings in particular Sam Moa, Jim said they were keen but Sam wanted a little bit of extra money and they werent prepared to take that risk on him. Jim did say that he was in negotiations with Jarred Waerea Hargreaves who was very keen to come over and agreed to come over but found out that his partner was pregnant and since shes from Bondi with all her family they decided to stay.

Jim told us the story that at the end of 2014 Ben Matulino told them he was leaving and was going to sign with Penrith and had told Ivan that he was going over. He was due to sign the contract with Gus Gould on the Friday before the 9s last year, Jim sat him down on the Wednesday, talked through with him about what was going to happen and the changes they were implementing, Ben liked what he heard and signed a new contract with us on the Thursday. We were all shocked when Jim told us that.

He also spoke about the Hurrell incident with him staying out late after the Ginuwine concert. The concert finished at 11 and he went backstage afterwards. Jim called Hurrell and his manager in after the weekend game and the first thing the manager said Hes aloud to have a life. Jim stressed that the concert finished at 11 Konrad said he got home at 1am was asleep by 3 and up at 6 to catch a flight to sydney to play the Tigers which we ended up losing by 50. Jim stressed that it is unacceptable and fined him a significant amount. Jim stressed to Konrad that weather he likes it or not he is a 24 hour footballer. Rest, hydration, recovery, sleep they all are key componants to being 100% switched on and prepared for a game, (he used the Mitchell Pearce breaking story as an example) Konrad likes the fact that he is a professional footy player but isnt keen on the ingredients to make him a great professional footy player. Konrad got the message and has busted his ball in the pre season and is now one of the fittest in the club with one of the lowest skin fold %

I just want to thank Debbie Rowley and Richard Morgan who organised this gig. A hell of a lot of time went into this, a lot of correspondance went back and forth, and both have careers that they are persuing so everything was done in their own time. Guys it means a lot, just wish i had the time to give more. And got to thank Jim and the warriors as well as well for clearing his schedule and jumping on a plane especially for this

The meeting went over the scheduled time but i wish it had gone longer. I hung off every word he said and have totally bought into his vision. I cant stress enough that if your a warriors fan, become a member. Sign up. Kids season tickets this year are $49 how good is that. Lets pack out Mt SMart, Brisbane, Melbourne Campelltown and Cronulla. We are on the cusp of a successfull run at the club, so lets all get behind and jump on board. Round 1 against the Tigers lets light it up

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
Sounds like the JWH deal was all but across the line. Would've been awesome to sign two of the Roosters best players. Wonder how much Sam Moa was asking for? Anyway I think the club will sign another Kiwi rep player this year. Anyone have an idea of which Kiwi player contracts expire this year?

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
Thanks for that post Jordan G very easy to get a JD boner over that, shit he is so professional.
Disturbing to hear that Konnies Manager actively encouraged him to be a loose unit. (sack him Konnie)
Once we put those systems into place and the players buy into it we will top 4 every year.
Love it :D

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Konnies Manager already has a terrible rep, not surprising with stories like that.

Did anyone ask him about him reportedly being targeted as the new NRL CEO?

Reactions: gREVUS

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings