General 2016 Warriors Fixtures/Draw

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

I would say that knowing how much of family person Luke is, that he would have made this as part of the deal.

The first year he comes on board and we're off to his home town. Too much of a coincidence.

Yeah you're right.

In my last post that got deleted he spoke about this. Draw now out Thursday. I'll post it when it appears ... :)

Reactions: 1 user

warriors4eva

good on him, already made a note to head to the naki for that game, might be the first and last

hope they put out a special jersey !

Swanley

Swanley

I would say that knowing how much of family person Luke is, that he would have made this as part of the deal.

The first year he comes on board and we're off to his home town. Too much of a coincidence.
I'd say it was a carrot offered by Doyle, not Luke asking for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Jay M

Jay M

We want a Friday night home game against someone shit for round 1.

personally I'd rather a game against Souths, the Roosters, the Broncos, Storm or Cowboys round 1 (none of which will happen due to NRL scheduling big games in round 1). Whenever we play a crap team in round 1 - we lose (usually the eels). Often by a big margin. So if we're going to get pumped by a big margin - at least let it be an away game to a top side so we don't have to play them again!

On the other hand - we often lift against the big sides... So if we did perform and roll them before they hit their straps - that's an advantage too!

jonno

jonno

3pm in Sydney in march v a bottom feeder.

Bet your house on the tigers if its sunny. With our roster the odds will be great for a 13 + loss...

Easy money...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
David James

David James

3pm in Sydney in march v a bottom feeder.

Bet your house on the tigers if its sunny. With our roster the odds will be great for a 13 + loss...

Easy money...

The Like/Agree button feels so inappropriate when I agree with this, but really don't like it.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
personally I'd rather a game against Souths, the Roosters, the Broncos, Storm or Cowboys round 1 (none of which will happen due to NRL scheduling big games in round 1). Whenever we play a crap team in round 1 - we lose (usually the eels). Often by a big margin. So if we're going to get pumped by a big margin - at least let it be an away game to a top side so we don't have to play them again!

On the other hand - we often lift against the big sides... So if we did perform and roll them before they hit their straps - that's an advantage too!

Fully agree I'd rather get beaten by a good team while we are in our "slow start" stage, plus it always seems the better teams start slow (and we miss the opportunity for an "easier" game) while the crap teams start strong and fall away.
Often we seem to draw the crap teams starting strong instead of getting the "easy" points later on after they've turned to shit.

Reactions: 1 users
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Shit. Still no draw. But here's something. Another rumour I've seen on Facebook is that Eels wants to play us or Sea Eagles next season in Darwin ... o_O

warriors4eva

if we want to be a contender we need to beat shit teams anytime of the season, start middle or the end !!!

but how many years have we said the same thing, and how many of the other teams consider us as part of the shit sides ! considering where we have have finished the last 4 years

im going to be more positive about 2016 and the recruimtment we have made....cant f$#king wait !!!!

jonno

jonno

if we want to be a contender we need to beat shit teams anytime of the season, start middle or the end !!!

but how many years have we said the same thing, and how many of the other teams consider us as part of the shit sides ! considering where we have have finished the last 4 years

im going to be more positive about 2016 and the recruimtment we have made....cant f$#king wait !!!!
I think the first step is acknowledging that we have a problem...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Can't wait for our August Stewart island game v the bunnies...
Christmas Island vs Rabbitohs? Maybe get Russell Packer to have a run?

No doubt that game will feature again. The NRL have to do something to keep the game alive in Perth. Im just hoping its not at 1am NZST...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

Shit. Still no draw. But here's something. Another rumour I've seen on Facebook is that Eels wants to play us or Sea Eagles next season in Darwin ... o_O
Interesting choices between Warriors and Manly.
Making us travel to the heat makes sense, but why Manly ? Scheduling perhaps ?

Did the Raiders and the Eels play up there last year ? I seem to recall a road trip involving those two..

Looked like a great occasion any way, wonderful for Kiwis living up that way if it happens.

Tough gig for us, hope not.

Sup42

Sup42

Christmas Island vs Rabbitohs? Maybe get Russell Packer to have a run?

No doubt that game will feature again. The NRL have to do something to keep the game alive in Perth. Im just hoping its not at 1am NZST...
I like the Christmas Island idea, play inside the compound, the locals will be on our side, the distraction of a Riot might help our cause.