eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
When are the English finally going to tip over the kangaroos? The Australian referees assigned to their games probably does not help

This tournament always seems to go paper scissors rock, kiwis have trouble with the poms, the poms have trouble with the convicts, and the convicts have trouble with the kiwis.

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
When are the English finally going to tip over the kangaroos? The Australian referees assigned to their games probably does not help

This tournament always seems to go paper scissors rock, kiwis have trouble with the poms, the poms have trouble with the convicts, and the convicts have trouble with the kiwis.

And Scotland has trouble with heroin addiction.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
England are the host nation for this one. English have never really liked the Scots have they???

No, they are pretty unlikeable.

However, it might have generated a bit of interest in a country that generally only cares about football if they'd let them have their games up there - its a bit of an advantage but its not like they have any chance of winning a game.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
England are the host nation for this one. English have never really liked the Scots have they???
The English couldn't care shite about the Scots, it is the Scots who hate them. It makes the trans Tasman rivalry look like a love fest. My guess the interest in rugby league in Scotland is somewhere around zero.
Tipping this tourney will see England become the number one ranked team. Wayne Bennett will have them firing...
and unfortunately he will have the Kiwis worked out as well. It might be England, Kiwis and Kangaroos in that order.

Reactions: mt.wellington

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
And Scotland has trouble with heroin addiction.
  • They say an Englishman laughs three times at a joke. The first time when everybody gets it, the second a week later when he thinks he gets it, the third time a month later when somebody explains it to him.

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
  • They say an Englishman laughs three times at a joke. The first time when everybody gets it, the second a week later when he thinks he gets it, the third time a month later when somebody explains it to him.

That's an Irishman.

Last edited:

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
can Kearny not pick our warriors players for this campaign
we need to win a bloody premiership

arguably not many of them deserve to be picked... Only 4-5 of the warriors should even be remotely close to kiwis selection on form/other reasons.

Johnson - because the kiwis don't really have many options in the halves (especially with Foran out)
Leuluai (for the same reason as above, plus utility value) - although I wouldn't be surprised if he decided not to play given he's moving
Kata - because the kiwis will be short-ish on centres with Hiku/Whare out for the season, and Kata has played well this year (although I'd hate to be the winger outside him)
Mannering - no explanation required.

On form, none of the others should be there. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Matulino, Lolohea, Thompson, Manu, Luke (even with no fitness under his belt) named. Fusitua too possibly, but again, to me that would feel like the kiwis are poaching from the islands.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Kata - because the kiwis will be short-ish on centres with Hiku/Whare out for the season, and Kata has played well this year (although I'd hate to be the winger outside him)
Mannering - no explanation required.

On form, none of the others should be there. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see Matulino, Lolohea, Thompson, Manu, Luke (even with no fitness under his belt) named. Fusitua too possibly, but again, to me that would feel like the kiwis are poaching from the islands.

That ships sailed, but Fusitua was born in Auckland, Solomone is as Tongan as they come right? I think we’ve got enough backs we don’t need to pull a radradra with him…

1. Kahu (defensively safest)
2. Rapana
3. SKD
4. Fusitua (he’s a natural, think he'd go well)
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (this is a sizable, athletic set of wings and centres)
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Luke
10. JWH (see if that blockhead is going put in this time, or do a good haka and get dominated like he used to)
11. Proctor
12. Mannering
13. Taumalolo

14. Harris (utility)
15. Taupau
16. Kasiano (impact deluxe, maybe his one hand carries won't work in internationals though)
17. Eastwood

18. Nightingale (back 3 cover)
19. Beale (centre cover)
20. TMM (halves cover)
21. Nikorima (hooker cover)
22. NAS (big bastard cover)
23. Ma’u (back row cover)

Kearney will probably find a spot for Adam Blair, Alex Glenn, Lewis Brown, Sam Moa etc, but I like that lineup. How many of them get told not to play by their clubs?

Matulino and Vatuvei probably shot themselves in the foot with the red bull thing anyway.

Reactions: 6 Again

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
That ships sailed, but Fusitua was born in Auckland, Solomone is as Tongan as they come right? I think we’ve got enough backs we don’t need to pull a radradra with him…

Kata was named in the kiwis train-on squad last year... so pretty sure he's available for selection.

Great squad though. Picking at least six get pulled out.

Last edited:
Reactions: eudebrito

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
these end of year tours always seem to be the ones where players get their little niggles sorted out, told by the club its in your best interest to stay home, hence last years pretty average team

we take the players in the lists mentioned above we are going to "smash the guts" out of those other teams lol !!

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
The eligibility rules are still a farce, am I right in thinking that if Kata gets selected to play for the Kiwis then Kearney turns around and picks Whare and SKD or some other center pairing for the World Cup Kata then goes back to play for Tonga again because the 4 Nations are not classified as a world cup qualifier and that could happen inside the same 12 month period.

International Rugby League while it's getting more competitive it's being eroded away by these eligibility rules, I understand it from the players perspective there's big match payments on offer etc but watching Radradra running around for the Kangaroos I thought cheapened their jersey and their legacy.

I know the Kiwis aren't immune to it but Radradra set a precedent I thought and I'd rather see teams like Fiji, Tonga, Samoa continue to grow than watch the top teams poach all the talent.

Nothing at all against Kata either he's eligible for the Kiwis and I'm just using him purely as an example.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Ian Henderson played for them in the last World Cup. Also remember Kane Linnett playing in the 2013 RLWC...
grandfather rule??? I was going to post that nobody played league in Scotland but how wrong I was. They actually have teams and a comp there. It must rival yawnion because outside of the Borders it is a very minor game played by the Scottish version of snobs.

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings