Internationals 2016 Australia v Kiwis Test, Perth

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

This game isn't part of the four nations is it - just a gentle warm up!

Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

We usually warm up against the Cook Islands thanks to the Iro connection.

This will be different then.

Usually we are rubbish in our first hit out, then progressively get better over a series of games.

If the Kiwis are competitive in this game I'd be surprised.

Aussie used to demolish all and sundry eight days a week, not so much in the last few years as opposition sides have gotten stronger.

Be interesting to see how Kidwell and Mal treat this.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kidwell run out his shadow side straight off to get them as much time as possible to gel under the new coaching direction.

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kidwell run out his shadow side straight off to get them as much time as possible to gel under the new coaching direction.
There is always a sheep farm on a game against Australia...no matter what.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Sup42

Sup42

There is always a sheep farm on a game against Australia...no matter what.
Agreed.

This won't be a friendly warm up. Boh sides will be wanting the psychological edge.

No Foran is a no brainer for biggest loss from our squad, he and Johnson are irreplaceable.

It would be nice to see Tommy and Shaun Johnson beat England and Australia, as a pairing they haven't had anything to celebrate.

I hope Tommy has massive series, we need him to.

Horriors2014

Horriors2014

Im pretty pissed off that Shaun Johnson isnt resting up his injured leg. After failing to fire for the Warriors he owes it to the fans and his mate Cappy to be 100% for next year.

Also pissed as I normally am that again the Kiwis would select someone like Solomone Kata who probably still uses his Tongan passport to get around. He's as Kiwi as Radradra is Australian. International League is still an oxymoron...

I'm passed preaching the preservation sermon. I find injuries happen at any time. Last year the 9s probably helped his rehab. Cappy's coaching didn't. I think we should cherish every moment that we see the likes of Thurston, Hayne, Shaun Johnson play. Let what injury arises come-it's all luck/ bad luck anyway.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I'm passed preaching the preservation sermon. I find injuries happen at any time. Last year the 9s probably helped his rehab. Cappy's coaching didn't. I think we should cherish every moment that we see the likes of Thurston, Hayne, Shaun Johnson play. Let what injury arises come-it's all luck/ bad luck anyway.
I think 9s is a little like 7s in that it is a different game. The guys aren't trained for that style and that is why there are so many injuries. I reckon the sooner the Aussies steal the 9s back the better.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I think 9s is a little like 7s in that it is a different game. The guys aren't trained for that style and that is why there are so many injuries. I reckon the sooner the Aussies steal the 9s back the better.
So many injuries at the 9s? Really???

bruce

bruce

Contributor
In all the tournaments so far there have been some significant injuries to players. I don't know how that compares to regular games but in all the years I have watched trial games they definitely don't seem to go all out. I would be happy to see the back of the concept in Auckland.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
In all the tournaments so far there have been some significant injuries to players. I don't know how that compares to regular games but in all the years I have watched trial games they definitely don't seem to go all out. I would be happy to see the back of the concept in Auckland.
Think youve just made that up to be honest. I cant remember more then a couple a tournament...

Sup42

Sup42

I'm guessing that you are a mad Kiwis fan based on your posts over the years.

In the cold logic of what is best for the Warriors, you rest Johnson and some others perhaps.

Our new Warriors coach obviously has the opposite view and believes playing for your country in the Kiwi culture he nurtured....makes you a better player ?

Why else would SK select so many Warriors before quitting the Kiwi role ?

A possible reason that counters that argument...is that he used his powers as the departing Kiwis coach....to give his new club charges an endorsement to help him win over a Warriors dressing room.

That's a pretty cynical cold move if he knowingly did that.....it polutes the Kiwi ethos he built based on deserving your place and committment to the jersey.

Conspiracy theorists could link that move to David Kidwell then declining Kearney's offer of help with the Kiwis.

I am excited by Kidwell refusing Kearney's input.

Apart from confirming Kidwell is his own man, it goes to show how well prepared Kidwell himself feels from his former guise of assistant.

But most of all, I am looking forward to trying to work out what Kidwell thinks he can do better than his old boss.....clearly Kidwell has more on his mind than focusing on past models of how to win.

Sup42

Sup42

Sky NZ TV Guide:

Coverage starts at 9:30 pm, ends at 12:30.

So depending on how much Bluey, Richie, Mcgnuggets you get for your dollar....pre and post match.....and how much Daryl you get during the match....its taking up 3hrs programming time.

KingBubz

KingBubz

Havn't looked at 2015 or 2016 yet, but managed to find the below list relating to injuries occured during the 2014 Nines Tournament.

George Jennings (Panthers) - He was forced off with an arm injury.
David Williams (Sea Eagles) - He is awating scan results on a suspected knee injury.
Jarrod Mullen (Knights) - Confirmed he has suffered grade 2 hamstring tear.
Luke Keary
(Rabbitohs) - He has sustained a shoulder injury and will have scans upon the team's return to Sydney.
David Stagg (Broncos) - He has a knee injury with reports he'll be out for up to six weeks.
Brad Fittler
(Roosters) - A hip flexor injury has ended the Roosters legend's comeback at the Auckland Nines.
Lachlan Coote
(Cowboys) - Suspected torn anterior cruciate ligament. He will undergo scans and is out of the Auckland Nines competition.
Todd Carney (Sharks) - Hamstring injury. He's out of the Auckland Nines competition.
Curtis Sironen (Wests Tigers) - He's out for six weeks after scans on Saturday revealed a fracture in his right foot.
Dave Taylor (Titans) - Cork. He will be assessed by team doctor.
George Jennings (Panthers) - Arm injury. Seriousness of the injury still to be confirmed.
Isaac Liu (Roosters) - He has been ruled out of the remainder of the Auckland Nines after suffering an injury to his knee. Roosters Medical Staff for precautionary reasons say he will take no further part in the tournament.
Manly pair David Williams (knee) and back-rower Michael Chee-Kam (elbow), Storm's Justin O’Neill (stiffness) and Joel Romelo (subluxed finger), and Tigers rookie Mitchell Moses (shoulder) all failed to finish the tournament

https://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/s...y-update-including-lachlan-coote-todd-carney/

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Havn't looked at 2015 or 2016 yet, but managed to find the below list relating to injuries occured during the 2014 Nines Tournament.

George Jennings (Panthers) - He was forced off with an arm injury.
David Williams (Sea Eagles) - He is awating scan results on a suspected knee injury.
Jarrod Mullen (Knights) - Confirmed he has suffered grade 2 hamstring tear.
Luke Keary (Rabbitohs) - He has sustained a shoulder injury and will have scans upon the team's return to Sydney.
David Stagg (Broncos) - He has a knee injury with reports he'll be out for up to six weeks.
Brad Fittler (Roosters) - A hip flexor injury has ended the Roosters legend's comeback at the Auckland Nines.
Lachlan Coote (Cowboys) - Suspected torn anterior cruciate ligament. He will undergo scans and is out of the Auckland Nines competition.
Todd Carney (Sharks) - Hamstring injury. He's out of the Auckland Nines competition.
Curtis Sironen (Wests Tigers) - He's out for six weeks after scans on Saturday revealed a fracture in his right foot.
Dave Taylor (Titans) - Cork. He will be assessed by team doctor.
George Jennings (Panthers) - Arm injury. Seriousness of the injury still to be confirmed.
Isaac Liu (Roosters) - He has been ruled out of the remainder of the Auckland Nines after suffering an injury to his knee. Roosters Medical Staff for precautionary reasons say he will take no further part in the tournament.
Manly pair David Williams (knee) and back-rower Michael Chee-Kam (elbow), Storm's Justin O’Neill (stiffness) and Joel Romelo (subluxed finger), and Tigers rookie Mitchell Moses (shoulder) all failed to finish the tournament

https://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/s...y-update-including-lachlan-coote-todd-carney/
Not bad for two days is it

Sup42

Sup42

Mannerings out of the Perth test (recovering from minor knee surgery).

Expected to fly out to England for the four nations but.

• Haha