Rumour 2015 Warriors Salary Cap Breach Rumour

Jordan G

I read the "contracts restructured" and "incentive based" as related info (maybe in some cases, not all) so am assuming that they had their contracts restructured to include the incentives.

I could be wrong though, and probably am.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

kiwi's 13-6

Hurrell/Laumape is the style of rugby the fans want to see and suceed with. Bugger off with the Wright/Nightingale type backs.

Maybe this isnt the team for you Cappy.

I'd agree with you 100% if there is a hurrell or laumape out there who is consistently good for 80min, as good on defence as attack, good ball security on attack, professional attitude on and off the field, other wise < nightingale allday everyday for mine! As for wright well gets an A for effort unlike some and like the story with a moral where the tortoise beats the rabbit is wright one of those tortoises? does the tortoise reverse roles with the rabbit when its a swimming race... does this mean our star tortoise will sign with souths?

( warning! read the following in a movie trailer voice )

These exciting & frustrating questions and more answered in MAD AS A MEAT AXE 21: NZ WARRIORS BEYOND THE LOSER DOME! Featuring Owen Glen as Shamus Mcflatulance, Eric Watson as GQ Smooth the Wolf of Penrose, Paul Letich as Cyrus Superstar who are you what do you think you are? Jimmy Doyle as Willy the Groundsman, Cappy as Elmer Mcfud, Simon "The Silent One" Mannering, Shaun Johnson as Luke Skywalker, Mt Smart Joker as Darth Vader ("im your father" ...sound of leg breaking.... "Noooooooooooo"...), Jacob Lillyman as Han Solo, Ben Matulino as Chewbaca, Albert Vete as Hopes Eternal, Tui Lolohea as MC Gusto, Mason Lino as Fresh Kid Ice & Faitala-Mariner as DJ Stab Master Arson, Sione Lousi as Young Einstein from the spin off series "Yo Tomkins wheres Wakefield", Konrad Hurrell as Dirk Diggler no thats Charlie Gubb as Diggler and Hurrell as Hefner, Also Featuring special guests Roger All-Black-N-F-L-Tuivasa-Sheck & Issac "Suspend Me" Luke... Sponsored by The Honey & Avocado Craft Brewing company "fickel since the very start" & Pawndafone... coming soon to a bandwagon cinema containing Manu "Movie Time Supafly" Vatuvei near you, R18 pychiatric discrestions advised (start fade out) advised advised advised advi....

Last edited by a moderator:
Those of you who have been asking about performance based pay will be pleased. Wont go into details about that because the Board and Warriors HQ are getting wind of stuff from this forum (Hi guys :)!)
Everytime this comes up I keep saying I can be bribed with tickets and merchandise.;) Seems like the media browse this place a lot then write articles arguing about our threads or use it as the Warriors fan base is thinking.o_O Feel free to post guys.:D

Good to hear our cap situation is sorted out with room to still make some improvements to the squad.

Performance based contracts. I'd say this would be one of the ideas Doyle said he'd adopt from other clubs. At a guess I'd say it would be things like if you make Origin or an International side and play x amount of tests. Or for the younger guys play x amount of games; with the way we promote youngsters that would get paid out pretty quickly.

Put a hundred grand up of salary cap up for least missed tackles,
That should put some incentive in there for them
A few years back there was a hooker well known as a prolific tackler receiving under the table incentive payments based on the number of tackles he made. No prizes for working out who and for whom.

kiwi's 13-6

Incentive based contracts at the warriors are 20 years overdue as long as it all fits under the salary cap!

Jordan G

Power backs have gotten us nowhere, especially when power is the only skill they have (or the only one they're willing to use/develop). Give me guys who have a good mixture of skill/speed/strength over a guy who has excessive strength any day.

kiwi's 13-6

wouldnt trade Lolohea as hes young got potential and utility value for nightingale tho unless it involved the salary cap but outside of Shaun Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Lolohea id trade any one else in next years backline for nightingale... but nightingale came here met doyle but resigned for dragons end of story!