Gameday < 2021 2015 Warriors Offseason/Preseason Thread

All games pre 2021
Hurrells done well.

With the stuffed wrist he's done leg work. He might be a bit slower looking at those trunks, but at least all the leg weights have kept the body fat down.

He must burn mega Fat maintaining that Muscle mass in his Quads.

Playing football will lean that up a fair way. I wonder how his cardio is...should have been heavily targeted ( Looks like he has lost a bit of upper body Mass, that has to be more than diet....otherwise his legs would be skinnyish too ).

Interesting listening to the radio just now.

The Phoenix won and their coach was interviewed. Im going to paraphrase a bit here but the host asked 'what has changed, why are you doing so well?', his answer 'our team is unbelievably fit under a new trainer, every game is a home game'

The NZ cricket team has a new trainer aswell who they have attributed their supreme fitness to and a lot of their success aswell, Im pretty sure the Breakers have mentioned similar superior fitness.

I hope the Warriors fitness training has been as good as those teams this off season. It sounds like that is an important part of succeeding overseas. Endurance is the key.

Interesting listening to the radio just now.

The Phoenix won and their coach was interviewed. Im going to paraphrase a bit here but the host asked 'what has changed, why are you doing so well?', his answer 'our team is unbelievably fit under a new trainer, every game is a home game'

The NZ cricket team has a new trainer aswell who they have attributed their supreme fitness to and a lot of their success aswell, Im pretty sure the Breakers have mentioned similar superior fitness.

I hope the Warriors fitness training has been as good as those teams this off season. It sounds like that is an important part of succeeding overseas. Endurance is the key.
Great to hear those comments as that has been the number one catch phrase from all the Aussie teams, (the warriors are hard and brutal but can't last 80 mins).
There is also another huge factor which gets overlooked and that is hydration, when you lose too much sweat the mind shuts down.
Remember years ago a marathon runner set up a new training program and was so fit he left the Olympic field in his dust, with a kilometre to go his legs turned to jelly and he virtually crawled his way to the finish while the others caught up and passed him.
Watching the v8 supercars yesterday reminded me of the need for hydration and not just a sip and spit it out but serious intake of water keeps the brain and body going.

My only question about the off-season: I was surprised the team held the intra-squad hit-out last. I've always just expected that pre-season goes:
1: November to Christmas break. Fitness training then once the base is built, game specific work begins.
2: New year. Tactics/game training comes in more and more.
3: January. A:intra-squad workout
4: February. Trial Game 1 which contains mostly U20s/NSW Cup players, then more NRL players being added for Trial Game 2 and if there is one Trial Game 3.

Obviously reality's more complicated than that (injuries, timing, other commitments for Kiwis players etc etc) but I assumed that was the general format.

Was this just the easiest way the Warriors getting the number of games they wanted and how it worked out for the Titans and Panthers, or was there some other reasoning (akin to how the Hell Week was held before Christmas this year, not after like it was last season)?

First Team Naming Tuesday tomorrow!

Also, Rugby League Week's moving to a Monday delivery shortly! Sweet!

My only question about the off-season: I was surprised the team held the intra-squad hit-out last. I've always just expected that pre-season goes:
1: November to Christmas break. Fitness training then once the base is built, game specific work begins.
2: New year. Tactics/game training comes in more and more.
3: January. A:intra-squad workout
4: February. Trial Game 1 which contains mostly U20s/NSW Cup players, then more NRL players being added for Trial Game 2 and if there is one Trial Game 3.

Obviously reality's more complicated than that (injuries, timing, other commitments for Kiwis players etc etc) but I assumed that was the general format.

Was this just the easiest way the Warriors getting the number of games they wanted and how it worked out for the Titans and Panthers, or was there some other reasoning (akin to how the Hell Week was held before Christmas this year, not after like it was last season)?

First Team Naming Tuesday tomorrow!

Also, Rugby League Week's moving to a Monday delivery shortly! Sweet!

Warriors were meant to have a 3rd trial against Dragons in Nelson, but St George needed cash so they went to WCC in England.
Hell week was for our non-rep players, the ones that need to toughen up the most and be tested more.
Warriors wanted one more hit out, but couldn't get it. So not the most ideal prep, but the team has a really good coaching and a far better fitness team this year and I hope, beyond all hope that we are actually ready for round one this year. Can anybody remember the last time we won in round 1?

Reactions: mt.wellington
Warriors were meant to have a 3rd trial against Dragons in Nelson, but St George needed cash so they went to WCC in England.
Hell week was for our non-rep players, the ones that need to toughen up the most and be tested more.
Warriors wanted one more hit out, but couldn't get it. So not the most ideal prep, but the team has a really good coaching and a far better fitness team this year and I hope, beyond all hope that we are actually ready for round one this year. Can anybody remember the last time we won in round 1?
2009. Maybe we don't want a repeat of that year.