General 2015 Warriors NSW Cup Reserve Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
May as well start this up as all news will now be for the 2015 season.

As most will know Stacey Jones has been appointed as the new coach for our reserve grade after Rohan Smith took up a position with the Titans as an assistant coach.

Stacey Jones https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/10585247/Stacey-Jones-career-taking-off-NRL-role-looms
Rohan Smith https://www.nrl.com/smith-joins-titans-coaching-staff/tabid/10874/newsid/82348/default.aspx

This is the latest news...

Well-travelled Carmont joins Warriors reserves
DAVID LONG

Getty Images
MASTER AND COMMANDER: Stacey Jones has sorted out his coaching team for next year.

Stacey Jones' support team for next year's Warriors reserve grade side has been sorted with Willie Swann and George Carmont appointed as his assistants.

Swann comes with significant experience in the NSW Cup competition, having coached the side in 2013 when they were still under the umbrella of Auckland Rugby League.

George Carmont brings a wealth of experience as a player.

Auckland-born, he played 83 games for the Knights and 153 for Wigan over his playing career, which stretched from 2004 to 2012 and scored 112 tries in all, playing at either centre or on the wing. He also played 10 games for Samoa.

Two years ago it was reported that Carmont was looking at playing for the Warriors for the 2013 season.

While that didn't happen, Carmont clearly stayed in contact with the Warriors and will make his move into coaching at the club next year.

Jones is moving on from the under-20s side after just one season with them, even though it was a successful year with the team winning the NYC Grand Final.

Kelvin Wright, who is with the Kiwis as an analyst, will replace Jones as coach of the age grade team.

Rohan Smith, who coached the reserve grade team last year, was set to swap jobs with Jones next season but opted to take up a role as an assistant coach at the Titans instead.

The Warriors will get to meet up with Smith again soon, as a trial match between the two NRL sides has been scheduled for February 7 in Australia.

It will be the Warriors' first hit out after the Auckland Nines, which is the preceding week.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/rugby-league/10663248/Well-travelled-Carmont-joins-Warriors-reserves

Reaction score

Lions006

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hope they sell the Nsw Cup jersey next year. Pretty shit of the club not to release them. They are part of the Warriors too!!

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Hope they sell the Nsw Cup jersey next year. Pretty shit of the club not to release them. They are part of the Warriors too!!
Already been mentioned in another thread that they wont be releasing them again. Makes it bloody hard for a collector to get a hold of this years ones...

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I need to know! My job is trying to require us to roster weekend morning work. I WILL NOT work on the day of early games and double and triple headers!!! So I need to know when they are so I can put a big black X through my name on those days.

Reaction score
BA-AD Luck

BA-AD Luck

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I need to know! My job is trying to require us to roster weekend morning work. I WILL NOT work on the day of early games and double and triple headers!!! So I need to know when they are so I can put a big black X through my name on those days.
I would assume that the following games will be screened live:
Newcastle vs Warriors, 4:10pm for Knights v Warriors, 6:30pm 7th Mar
Warriors vs Wentworthville, 2:45pm for Warriors vs Eels, 5:00pm 21st Mar
Warriors vs Wests, 5:15pm for Warriors vs Tigers, 7:30pm 11th Apr
Warriors vs Newtown, 11:45am for Warriors vs Titans, 2:00pm 25th Apr
Wentworthville vs Warriors 2:45pm for Eels vs Warriors, 5:00pm 16th May
Warriors vs Newcastle 11:30am for Warriors vs Knights 4:00pm 31st May
Warriors vs Wyong 5:45pm for Warriors vs Roosters 8:00pm 13th Jun
Warriors vs Mounties 2:45pm for Warriors vs Raiders 5:00pm 27th June
Warriors vs Illawarra 11:45am for Warriors vs Storm 4:00pm 12th Jul
Warriors vs Manly 2:45pm for Warriors vs Sea Eagles 5:00pm 25th Jul

If there is a gap between match times expect the u20s to be on (usually on Sunday matches), if not, expect the u20s to be on before the Reserve Grade. If SKY are showing the Reserves they will be playing a lot of triple headers this year.

Reaction score

Jordan G

NSW Cup teams.

KNIGHTS:
1 NATHAN ROSS 2 JAKE MAMO 3 CHANEL MATA'UTIA 4 JOSH ALLISON 5 HONETI TUHA 6 SAM KEENAN 7 DANNY KERR 8 SAM MATAORA 9 CHAD REDMAN 10 PATERIKA VAIVAI 11 CLINT NEWTON 12 JOSEPH TAPINE 13 JAMES TAYLOR 14 THEERAN PEARSON 15 JAMES DE SAXE 16 BRETT JARRETT 17 TUIALA TOGITASI 18 MICHAEL STEELE 19 DYLAN HARTIN 20 JAKE FINN COACH MATT LANTRY

WARRIORS: 1 VILIAMI KAVEINGA 2 KEN MAUMALO 3 MATTHEW ALLWOOD 4 DOMINIQUE PEYROUX 5 JARROD TUA 6 API PEWHAIRANGI 7 SAM COOK 8 NATHANIEL PETERU 9 ZAC TIPPINS 10 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO 11 RAYMOND FAITALA-MARINER 12 SIONE LOUSI 13 DAVID BHANA 14 JAMES BELL 15 UPU POCHING 16 STEDMAN LEFAU 17 JOHN PALAVI 18 RAYMOND TALIMALIE COACH STACEY JONES

Ikahihifo named at Prop.

Any word on the hooker Zac Tippins? Decent Knights reserve side, especially the forwards.

Reaction score
wallacenz

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Ikahihifo named at Prop.
I wonder if the NSW cup coach and the first grade coach are on the same page. Ikahihifo seems very small for a modern prop if his height and weight are accurate.

Reaction score
Jah

Jah

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Nathaniel Peteru, Zac Tippins, Steadman Lefau any intell on these guys never heard of them

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Sebastine Ikahihifo at prop does seem strange. Maybe thats one aspect of his game that Cappy wants him to work on? Hit ups or middle ground defence?

Good to see former U20's player James Taylor on the Knights team. At lock too...

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Peteru was 18th man for the Warriors last year. IMO, has hands like feet. Couldn't catch a cold in a blizzard. He's a prop.
Pity really. We have been crying out for a big bastard prop and Nathaniel is that. He's huge. Sadly he doesnt have the right aggression to truly utilise that build. If he could get a pinch of Sam Lisone's attitude he would be perfect.

As for the hands I didnt see him make any errors during the two trials I watched of his but he wasnt the best during his U20 days...

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Sebastine Ikahihifo at prop does seem strange. Maybe thats one aspect of his game that Cappy wants him to work on? Hit ups or middle ground defence?

Good to see former U20's player James Taylor on the Knights team. At lock too...
Would have been interesting to see how close Taylor would have been to first grade had he stayed with us, really liked what I saw of him and was sad to see him go

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
NSW cup game was pretty good watch, I like James Bell, one of the morons commentating called him too big, too strong in scoring his try, he’s smaller than most halves FFS.
But he tackles though, great technique. Can they teach him to pass and get a quality defensive hooker for the future? Otherwise he’s probably just not big enough to get a fair crack.

Reaction score
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Reaction score
It was a bit of a worry that old man Clint Newton looked like sonny bill burgess on his side, Stacey had the team running all the same plays as the top team, the fullback needs to learn to pass more often on those out the back plays though.

Reaction score
ramraider78

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
NSW cup game was pretty good watch, I like James Bell, one of the morons commentating called him too big, too strong in scoring his try, he’s smaller than most halves FFS.
But he tackles though, great technique. Can they teach him to pass and get a quality defensive hooker for the future? Otherwise he’s probably just not big enough to get a fair crack.
He has a big heart when he plays watched him in age groups ,been told he's weak in gym but doesn't look it out on the field

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
He has a big heart when he plays watched him in age groups ,been told he's weak in gym but doesn't look it out on the field
He has been known to have a mean streak off the field. Or so I have been told by a few reputable sources.

Reaction score

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
James Bell is much like Pita Hiku imo. Just a natural who is super keen and goes 100% on field.
Definately skinny but im sure he could put on weight long-term.

Considering he could probably make more money playing for Papakura or another big fox club - I think definately could be worthy or demanding of a fringe full-time contract somewhere. Probably one of NSW cups best players.

I reckon Jaz Tevaga (NYC) was their best player and should probably be taught to play hooker - super tough, committed and potential to be taught.

Zac Tippins has always been a solid player - and for a small hooker he held his own and should be there on bench even when havili returns.

Viliam Kavinga was good considering he has been hampered by injuy for years and barely played last year.

Allwood didnt get ball much but seemed keen and decent player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom