Injury 2015 Warriors Injury Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Far Away Fan

What do I know about gyms? Not a huge amount, granted, but.

It's possible for a team to have the best gym facilities in the world and still have heaps of injuries. And so it is. I wrote way back that this kind of thing can happen, if the guys using the facilities are not very well-versed in what to do, not supervised so as not to over-do it. I criticised the fitness coaching staff for this (on here) and got ridiculed for it.

It's something that has plagued the Tigers in recent years, and one or two other teams. And now it's more than just a small problem for us.

When there is a lot of testosterone around and men being men they all want to show that they can take it or out-do everyone else or whatever, when they're pushed to the limit without careful supervision to ensure that sufficient consideration is placed on moving smoothly and not suddenly into higher and higher levels of stress on joints, muscles, ligaments, etc. .....the result is strains and worse all over the place. And that's what we have right now.

It's not the players' fault. They are being pushed to the limits, and so they 'step up' and 'prove themselves.' In so doing they are also proving that our strength and fitness training regime needs a bit of a shake-up.

Hey, slam my post, be my guest. But the facts tell the story.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
What do I know about gyms? Not a huge amount, granted, but.

It's possible for a team to have the best gym facilities in the world and still have heaps of injuries. And so it is. I wrote way back that this kind of thing can happen, if the guys using the facilities are not very well-versed in what to do, not supervised so as not to over-do it. I criticised the fitness coaching staff for this (on here) and got ridiculed for it.

It's something that has plagued the Tigers in recent years, and one or two other teams. And now it's more than just a small problem for us.

When there is a lot of testosterone around and men being men they all want to show that they can take it or out-do everyone else or whatever, when they're pushed to the limit without careful supervision to ensure that sufficient consideration is placed on moving smoothly and not suddenly into higher and higher levels of stress on joints, muscles, ligaments, etc. .....the result is strains and worse all over the place. And that's what we have right now.

It's not the players' fault. They are being pushed to the limits, and so they 'step up' and 'prove themselves.' In so doing they are also proving that our strength and fitness training regime needs a bit of a shake-up.

Hey, slam my post, be my guest. But the facts tell the story.
Anyone that is going too heavy on the weights is a fool. Its pretty easy to do stupid crap in the gym though, I tore a pec flexing in the mirror :oops:

Hopefully Laumape didn't bust his knees in the gym, it's probably just an accumulation of strain from sport. Leg exercises in the gym are overrated imo, if you're running hills and doing resistance training there is really no need to destroy your legs on squats, leg press and especially leg curl (hamstring tear exercise), they will develop naturally.

Last edited:

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
The price of our new hard regime. Sometimes in life you got to give to recieve. This is one of those times. This goes beyond a winning successful season. McFadden is cattling like a true coach. He is not going to try new games or nifty trick plays. He has started from the ground up. He has obviously roasted these guys in the off season. ROASTED. And we will see benefits. Can anyone question the pedigree of the men on debut he's blooding. Like seriously, potentially every one of these rookies are a class above what we have. The grinding fitness will hurt us short term. But when we bounce back, with our full roster, adding the new blood. Well that's our future. We have to stick with Cappy. He is changing our club. We've all howled in the moonlight for change. And here it is. Prepare to enjoy it. Prepare to pay for it. True change is fundamental. The ground UP.

Reactions: jonno

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NRL TEAM NEWS | Two players ruled out
Richard Becht
Sat 7th March, 05:06PM
1425701671745.jpg

Ken Maumalo in the gym.

Hamstring injuries have ruled fullback Sam Tomkins and wing Ken Maumalo out of the Vodafone Warriors’ first-round NRL encounter with Newcastle at Hunter Stadium today (4.30pm kick-off local time; 6.30pm NZT).

Tomkins travelled to Newcastle with the side rated a 50-50 chance of playing but head coach Andrew McFadden confirmed he wouldn’t be starting after the team’s final pre-match run in Newcastle yesterday.

Maumalo (20) was set to make his NRL debut along with former NYC team-mates Solomone Kata, Sam Lisone and Albert Vete but he picked up a hamstring injury in yesterday’s field session.

https://www.warriors.co.nz/news/2015/03/07/nrl_team_news_two_pl.html

Posted on Facebook by warriors_ballboy that Konrad Hurrell arrived in Auckland today in a wheelchair. Not sure whether he's genuinely injured or taking the piss? Have added him anyway.

Thomas Leuluai suffered a head cut in the Knights game but will most likely be fine.

Injury list so far:

Updated 08/03/15

Current Injury List

31/10/14 Glen Fisiiahi - Shoulder - Indefinite but is training Link Round 3-5 Link Link Link Link Link
27/11/14 David Fusitua - Shoulder - Round 3-5 Link Link Link Link
14/02/15 Sebastine Ikahihifo - Eye - Had surgery on a broken eye socket but is expectedto be fit for Round 1 Link
14/02/15 Charlie Gubb - Foot - Has broken toes. Indefinite Link
14/02/15 Siliva Havili - Hamstring - Round 1 - Hopes to be back by then. Just a strain thats not going away. Link Link
21/02/15 Suaia Matagi - Ankle - Round 1 - Was meant to play today but sat out as a precaution Link
21/02/15 Bradley Abbey - Ankle - ??? - Waiting on a reply Link
21/02/15 Ngani Laumape - ACL - Round 3 - Injury to ACL is unknown but hoping to be back for R3. Could heal itself or he could need an operation which will rule him out for the season Link Link
03/03/15 Sam Rapira - Hamstring - Pulled during training. Meant to be quite bad Link
03/03/15 Sam Tomkins - Hamstring - ??? - Pulled during training. May miss Round 1 Link
07/03/15 Ken Maumalo - Hamstring - ??? - Unknown when he'll return
08/03/15 Konrad Hurrell - Knee - ??? - Unsure of the extent of his injury but seen coming back to Auckland in a wheelchair

Lead post of this thread updated...

Jordan G

Ikahihifo, Abbey, and Matagi all played yesterday so they could probably be removed from the list. Still doesn't look pretty.

Also, what's the go with Fatila-Mariner? Is he injured or just not good enough for NSW Cup at the moment?

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Ikahihifo, Abbey, and Matagi all played yesterday so they could probably be removed from the list. Still doesn't look pretty.

Also, what's the go with Fatila-Mariner? Is he injured or just not good enough for NSW Cup at the moment?
Thanks. Forgot about that. I'll see what I can find out on Raymond Faitala-Mariner.

Expect some to be cleared very soon. Bit unsure about Jacob Lillyman. He might be injured cause no way he would play like that 100% fit.

NEW Current list:

Updated 08/03/15

Current Injury List

31/10/14 Glen Fisiiahi - Shoulder - Indefinite but is training Link Round 3-5 Link Link Link Link Link
27/11/14 David Fusitua - Shoulder - Round 3-5 Link Link Link Link
14/02/15 Charlie Gubb - Foot - Has broken toes. Indefinite Link
14/02/15 Siliva Havili - Hamstring - Round 1 - Hopes to be back by then. Just a strain thats not going away. Link Link
21/02/15 Ngani Laumape - ACL - Round 3 - Injury to ACL is unknown but hoping to be back for R3. Could heal itself or he could need an operation which will rule him out for the season Link Link
03/03/15 Sam Rapira - Hamstring - Pulled during training. Meant to be quite bad Link
03/03/15 Sam Tomkins - Hamstring - ??? - Pulled during training. May miss Round 1 Link
07/03/15 Ken Maumalo - Hamstring - ??? - Unknown when he'll return Link
08/03/15 Konrad Hurrell - Knee - ??? - Unsure of the extent of his injury but seen coming back to Auckland in a wheelchair Link

No Longer Injured

31/10/14 Ben Henry - Knee - Unknown but is training Link Is back fully training
31/10/14 Ben Matulino - Knee - Unknown but is training Link Is back fully training
13/11/14 Thomas Leuluai - Shoulder - Unknown Link Played Warriors Papakura trial
15/12/14 Jacob Lillyman - Knee - 4 weeks Surgery to try replace cartilage. Players word Back fully training
31/10/14 Konrad Hurrell - Wrist - Round 1 Link Link Played Warriors Papakura trial
21/02/15 Sam Rapira - Concussion - Round 1 - Sustained a concussion during the trial against the Panthers in Rotorua. Sitting out mandatory stand down period Link Full training
14/02/15 Sebastine Ikahihifo - Eye - Had surgery on a broken eye socket but is expected to be fit for Round 1 Link Played NSWC in Round 1
21/02/15 Suaia Matagi - Ankle - Round 1 - Was meant to play today but sat out as a precaution Link Played vs Knights Round 1
21/02/15 Bradley Abbey - Ankle - ??? - Waiting on a reply Link Played NYC vs Knights Round 1

Lead post updated...

Last edited by a moderator:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
probably just lazy to walk
I was thinking that he was either being lazy or being a clown. The latter being a very real possibility with Konnie.

However, did some research on it and it may be more serious.

Reported by an AAP reporter on twitter at Marathon Stadium that he walked past on crutches.

Also seen to be wearing a heavy knee brace on Isaac Lukes Instagram pic...

Capture632.PNG

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
might be going for precautionary scans, or Cappy/Konnie might be playing games... chances of Konnie not being named on Tuesday, but getting on the plane?...

it didn't look good in the first half, but he was running ok in the second...

Matulino's Left Shoulder

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 22, 2012
might be going for precautionary scans, or Cappy/Konnie might be playing games... chances of Konnie not being named on Tuesday, but getting on the plane?...

seemed to have no problems running backwards 10meters

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill

We would know soon enough. Konny haa,outed himsself in the past with his incessant social media posts. Was "ruled out" but posted as he flew out, and blew the double-cross.

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
this.

how many times have we seen Konnie act like he's been struck down by lighting only to miraculously recover?

too many times bro... too many times...

No more than Matai, but he gets back up. So it could mean one of two things I suppose, either he goes down too easily or he is hard as and plays through the pain.My guess anyone that plays for several weeks with a broken wrist must be reasonably durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parramatta Eels Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Rate Match

Last Game

16 May

18 - 34
4.4 Total Avg Rating
1.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings