Injury 2015 Warriors Injury Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
Peyroux. With so many second rowers im assuming he would be trying for a spot in the backline. Has he actually ever let us down? Seems to be forgotten man around here.
had to like this comment cause i forgot him. Strange thing is he really seems the goods when hes out there. I would put him before a number of mentioned players. What does he do wrong to sit in second string so much?

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Peyroux is competent, but he’s pretty slow for a centre, up against a Dylan Walker or Matai he'd get exposed.

But we moved ben henry into the centres a bunch last year so dale copley and others could run straight past him, they might not worry about that sort of thing.

Teams doing well to keep him around as a fill in though.

Last edited:
Reactions: gREVUS

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
I'll bite before the madness starts, is he better than Mannering or Johnson?

Mannering is the ultimate grafter. A classy version of Luck. The ultimate team man. Plays injured. Makes the second effort. The 1%. But the difference IMO Konnie makes to our team is not matched by anyone except Shaun. Shaun terrifies the opposition. And Konnie is a close, close second. He literally turns games for us through breaks, charges, offloads, speed and physical prowess. I also factor Konnie always turning up. If he hasn't turned up its because of injury. Nothing else. His only weakness was fitness but last year IMO he changed that and now won't look back.

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 6, 2013
Melbourne
Mannering is the ultimate grafter. A classy version of Luck. The ultimate team man. Plays injured. Makes the second effort. The 1%. But the difference IMO Konnie makes to our team is not matched by anyone except Shaun. Shaun terrifies the opposition. And Konnie is a close, close second. He literally turns games for us through breaks, charges, offloads, speed and physical prowess. I also factor Konnie always turning up. If he hasn't turned up its because of injury. Nothing else. His only weakness was fitness but last year IMO he changed that and now won't look back.
Your excitement is contagious, I'm ending this conversation before I leap up out of my office chair, spear tackle a colleague, hold them down for a dominant count then slide into first marker and point to the open side of the field desperate to hit the next guy that wants it.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Good news for Konrad Hurrell and a timeline for David Fusitua and Glen Fisiiahi.

Latest injuries:

Sebastine Ikahihifo - Eye - Had surgery on a broken eye socket but is expectedto be fit for Round 1
Charlie Gubb - Foot - Has broken toes. Indefinite

Will check mid-week to see how the squad are after the Panthers trial.

List updated...

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Oct 24, 2012
Figured something had to be up with Seb.

Good need with Konnie, be interesting to see who his wing partner is out on that right edge... I'm picking Tui.

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
Has anyone got any clue what Ngani's injury is, or how long he is out for?

He is listed as injured in the team lists for the trials this weekend.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
https://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/hurrell-couldve-missed-season/

WARRIORS coach Andrew McFadden has made the shock revelation that star centre Konrad Hurrell could have missed the entire 2015 season after major wrist surgery.

The Warriors organisation held their collective breath late last year when Hurrell went under the knife for a problem he carried through the latter stages of last season.

Fortunately, the delicate surgery ultimately proved a success and although he will play little pre-season football – just today’s in-house trial at Papakura – Hurrell is confident of being fit for the start of the premiership in March.

“It was quite a concern because it was a bone graft and if it didn’t take, he could have been out for a very long time — possibly the season,” a relieved McFadden says.

“The doctors did a great job, the surgery was a success and Koni is back training again.

“We are hopeful of him playing round one and he is working hard to get himself right.”

Before last season, Hurrell had been plagued by inconsistency. But the penny seemed to drop in 2014, and the rampaging centre was among the NRL’s most destructive weapons. He led the Warriors in line-breaks (16) and ranked second for tackle-breaks (79), skittling opponents like tenpins with every charge.

He will be even more important to the side this year, following the retirement of Jerome Ropati and the departure of former Queensland Origin representative Dane Nielsen to the Dragons.

The Warriors are light on for outside backs in the lead-up to their season opener against Newcastle, with young guns Glen Fisi’iahi and David Fusitua both battling shoulder injuries and racing the clock to be fit.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
I had a bone graft on my wrist when I was younger- kept me out of the game for almost 2 years- wish I had his surgeon.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Did a bit of stalking at the trial and got the following.

Sebastine Ikahihifo - Eye socket - Round 1 - Said he injured it back in Round 26 against the Panthers. Its all healed up and he'll be right for Round 1
Siliva Havili - Hamstring - Round 1 - Hopes to be back by then. Just a strain thats not going away.
Sam Rapira - Concussion - Round 1 - Sustained a concussion during the trial against the Panthers in Rotorua
Suaia Matagi - Ankle - Round 1 - Was meant to play today but sat out as a precaution
Bradley Abbey - Ankle - ??? - Waiting on a reply

Now for some really bad news.

Ngani Laumape - ACL - ??? - Will have a scan soon and its similar to Kevin Lockes injury at the RLWC2013. Could be a strain, small tear or he could have done the whole thing. Said he's either out for 2 weeks or the whole season

Hope he gets better soon.

No injuries I could see at the trial today bar Konrad Hurrell going off for a while to bandage up a cut to the head but he did return and play on. David Fusitua and Glen Fisiiahi's status hasnt changed. Will check on Monday to see if theres any fresh injuries.

Lead thread post updated...

Jordan G

Is it the same leg Laumape did when he was in NYC? that was an ACL too wasn't it?

Really puts the pressure on Kata/Allwood at training now.

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Oct 24, 2012
Gutted for Ngani... He always seems to have the worst timing for these sorts of things.

Still, massive opportunity for Kata to stake his claim... Huge, huge potential this kid - it'll essentially be like operating with two Konnies on the edges; one with more power, the other with more footwork and speed. Hope he's up to it.

Danpatmac

Is it the same leg Laumape did when he was in NYC? that was an ACL too wasn't it?

Really puts the pressure on Kata/Allwood at training now.

The signing of Allwood and Wright seem to have been prophetic if the worst scenario comes to be for Laumape. Unlucky for the kid.

Reactions: OMG and Inruin

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2012
christchurch
Assuming it's the worst case scenario, so long as our centre depth remains okay, this injury could be a blessing in disguise. I might be sounding like a complete ass but we could potentially re-sign Laumape for cheaper than he would be had he been able to prove himself this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parramatta Eels Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Rate Match

Last Game

16 May

18 - 34
4.4 Total Avg Rating
1.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings