Injury 2015 Warriors Injury Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Not worried. Hurrell is our second best player and needs full time to heal. We want to be at the business end we'll need Konnie and his rampaging ways. But we won't need him first up or especially for the nines. Tui is a player not to be underestimated. Wright is a very good fill in. Without Konnie's metres on the edges however any plans to shift Manu will have to go on hold. We need our impact on the edge. Its when we make breaks. As our props hardly ever burst through the line. Maybe Mutts at his best? So my back line..

1. Tomkins
2. Lolohea
3. Wright
4. Laumape
5. Vatuvei
6. Townsend
7. Johnson

Not bad. Certainly good enough to win a game or two while our super star Konnie heals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harlz

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Eh? WHat did wright get suspended for?
Cronulla Sharks' Jonathan Wright accepts three-week NRL ban for dangerous throw
Posted 26 Aug 2014, 6:52pmTue 26 Aug 2014, 6:52pm

4863276-3x2-340x227.jpg

PHOTO: Ban accepted ... Jonathan Wright.(Getty Images: Fiona Goodall)

Cronulla three-quarter Jonathan Wright is the latest Shark to be sidelined for the rest of the NRL season, after accepting a three-week ban for a dangerous throw.

Wright on Tuesday took the early guilty plea on a grade three dangerous throw emanating from a 62nd minute tackle on his Canberra opposite in Sunday's 'Spoonbowl' clash, won by the Raiders.

The former Bulldog joins a long list of Sharks who will miss Monday's round 25 clash with North Queensland in Townsville through injury, suspension and doping bans.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-26/wright-accepts-three-game-ban/5698160

Reactions: eudebrito

Jordan G

Add Hurrell to the questionable list and we suddenly look very thin in the outside backs if we pick up any pre-season injuries from the Nines/trials. As it is we're close to stretching our resources for round 1.

Tomkins
Lolohea
Allwood
Laumape
Vatuvei

Do we have anyone else outside of Kata?

Sucks to have a bunch of injuries in the same positions.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
Add Hurrell to the questionable list and we suddenly look very thin in the outside backs if we pick up any pre-season injuries from the Nines/trials. As it is we're close to stretching our resources for round 1.

Tomkins
Lolohea
Allwood
Laumape
Vatuvei

Do we have anyone else outside of Kata?

Sucks to have a bunch of injuries in the same positions.
Matai...... :wtf:

Magic Johnson

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
can pre-season games no longer be counted for suspensions? that article says he had a three week ban before round 25 which means he missed two games last year so would only have to miss one pre season game this year unless that rule has changed?

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Hasn't Api Pewhairangi played at centre too? I'm pretty sure that was one of the positions he was recruited to fill

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 6, 2013
Melbourne
If all above are unavailable as suggested, I would expect cappy will go:

1)Tomkins
2) Lolohea
3) Peyroux
4) Laumape
5) Vatuvei

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
Peyroux. With so many second rowers im assuming he would be trying for a spot in the backline. Has he actually ever let us down? Seems to be forgotten man around here.
He was almost let go, if I recall correctly, and only got a last minute contract. I can't see him making first grade without massive injury problems.

He is one of my favourites. I like his hyperactive nature, and he works his arse off, and never quits. A great player to keep around, and deserves to get the odd first grade cameo, but I am picking him to spend the year as a NSWarrior.

Reactions: Defence

Onewarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 10, 2013
Tauranga
He was almost let go, if I recall correctly, and only got a last minute contract. I can't see him making first grade without massive injury problems.

He is one of my favourites. I like his hyperactive nature, and he works his arse off, and never quits. A great player to keep around, and deserves to get the odd first grade cameo, but I am picking him to spend the year as a NSWarrior.

Yes Peyroux always gives his all when drafted in, won't let you down and i'm glad we hung onto him, handy backup.

Reactions: Defence

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Konrad Hurrell is right on track for Round 1. Doing full training.

Jacob Lillyman has recovered well from his knee surgery and training well.

Another player doing full training is Thomas Leuluai. He's pretty much back to full strength.

Both Glen Fisiiahi and David Fusitua still unlikely for Round 1 but are recovering well.

A few other players had a few niggles and injuries but they are all doing full training so nothing new to report...

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
Wow. Certainly good news about Konnie. Wasn't expecting that. Changes our back line IMMENSELY with Konstar back in. Especially with so many injured and suspended. He is our second best player so kid gloves and all that. Wow Konnie makes a difference to our team. I'd sign him for 10 years if i could. Never gives less than a 100%. Is the main antagonist to the opposition on the edges and his metres up the middle. Fucking good player. At his best he is the outright best centre in the comp. I still don't back down from that opinion. He's shat on the best of them. Lyon, Inglis, Hodges. Konnie just says get out of my way FLY. Love Konnie. Probably my favourite Warrior. Shit i get confident when he's playing.

Reactions: hman

Timothy

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 12, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Wow. Certainly good news about Konnie. Wasn't expecting that. Changes our back line IMMENSELY with Konstar back in. Especially with so many injured and suspended. He is our second best player so kid gloves and all that. Wow Konnie makes a difference to our team. I'd sign him for 10 years if i could. Never gives less than a 100%. Is the main antagonist to the opposition on the edges and his metres up the middle. Fucking good player. At his best he is the outright best centre in the comp. I still don't back down from that opinion. He's shat on the best of them. Lyon, Inglis, Hodges. Konnie just says get out of my way FLY. Love Konnie. Probably my favourite Warrior. Shit i get confident when he's playing.
Maybe one of the best attacking centres for sure, but we all know he has his defensive issues, fortunately he seems to be making progress in that dept.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Konrad Hurrell is right on track for Round 1. Doing full training.

Jacob Lillyman has recovered well from his knee surgery and training well.

Another player doing full training is Thomas Leuluai. He's pretty much back to full strength.

Both Glen Fisiiahi and David Fusitua still unlikely for Round 1 but are recovering well.

A few other players had a few niggles and injuries but they are all doing full training so nothing new to report...

Good news on injury front, thanks. I suppose Hurrell will wear some sort of guard as a precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parramatta Eels Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Rate Match

Last Game

16 May

18 - 34
4.4 Total Avg Rating
1.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings