Injury 2015 Warriors Injury Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
https://www.nrl.com/early-exit-not-an-option-for-tomkins/tabid/10874/newsid/87118/default.aspx
Early exit not an option for Tomkins
Outgoing Warriors fullback Sam Tomkins has rubbished suggestions that he should head home to England before the end of the season, as a knee injury continues to disrupt his 2015 campaign.

He has not been named in the club's line-up for Round 15, with youngster Tuimoala Lolohea again set to fill the fullback role.

Since rupturing the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee against the Eels in Round 3, Tomkins has managed just one appearance and has been a late withdrawal in the Warriors' last two games.
That has led to sections of the club's frustrated fans calling for him to return to England – where he has inked a four-year deal with former team Wigan – allowing the Warriors to develop a player who has a future at the club.

But Tomkins said on Tuesday that there was no chance of that happening.

"I didn't know anyone had said that, that's the first I've heard of it, but no-one at the club is saying that and that's what matters really," the English international said.

"Stuff like that doesn't bother me at all, people that know me know I'm trying hard.

"It's getting stronger week after week, it's been steady progression. It feels pretty good, I trained quite well today so hopefully it's in the right direction."

Coach Andrew McFadden was similarly miffed with suggestions Tomkins should end his stint in the Telstra Premiership early, but refused to be rushed into bringing the fullback back into the side.

"He is a class act [and] people probably don't understand what he gives us in terms of leadership and direction, he just takes that pressure off our halves," McFadden said of Tomkins.

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
https://www.nrl.com/early-exit-not-an-option-for-tomkins/tabid/10874/newsid/87118/default.aspx
Early exit not an option for Tomkins
Outgoing Warriors fullback Sam Tomkins has rubbished suggestions that he should head home to England before the end of the season, as a knee injury continues to disrupt his 2015 campaign.

He has not been named in the club's line-up for Round 15, with youngster Tuimoala Lolohea again set to fill the fullback role.

Since rupturing the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee against the Eels in Round 3, Tomkins has managed just one appearance and has been a late withdrawal in the Warriors' last two games.
That has led to sections of the club's frustrated fans calling for him to return to England – where he has inked a four-year deal with former team Wigan – allowing the Warriors to develop a player who has a future at the club.

But Tomkins said on Tuesday that there was no chance of that happening.

"I didn't know anyone had said that, that's the first I've heard of it, but no-one at the club is saying that and that's what matters really," the English international said.

"Stuff like that doesn't bother me at all, people that know me know I'm trying hard.

"It's getting stronger week after week, it's been steady progression. It feels pretty good, I trained quite well today so hopefully it's in the right direction."

Coach Andrew McFadden was similarly miffed with suggestions Tomkins should end his stint in the Telstra Premiership early, but refused to be rushed into bringing the fullback back into the side.

"He is a class act [and] people probably don't understand what he gives us in terms of leadership and direction, he just takes that pressure off our halves," McFadden said of Tomkins.
I guess this article was written about a question that that dick Alan Mac asked Tomkins ( you can see the question on an interview with Tomkins on the Warriors website).
You could tell that ST was surprised and a bit pissed at what McLaughlin was suggesting, something about many fans suggesting that ST wasn't trying to get back on the field,saving himself for Wigan and that the same fans were thinking that it might be best if he go back to England now if that is what he wanted and everybody would be happy or something to that effect.
ST dealt with it pretty well but would have been pissed his professionalism was being questioned.
I live in Australia so don't listen to much Radio Sport at all now but if their talkbackers have been saying that it shows they don't have much idea because I haven't picked up the same vibe on this site.
Tomkins is injured ,get over it, but gladly take him back as soon as he is ready is my (and Cappys) feeling and if Cappy wnts him back,and is prepared to wait it's good enough for me.
BTW Alan Mac always has been,is and always will be a total knob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie Futler

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
I doubt he's saving himself for Wigan. He said his twitter account was mostly full of people sympathetic to his reasons why he was leaving, there would have been a few who tweeted having a go at him about leaving. It's probably those same people getting even more frustrated thinking he's saving himself.

When he first was first named back after his injury McFadden said it would affect him the rest of the year. The one game he did play coming back he was really struggling.

It's a shame he's leaving and after last season where everyone was saying he'd carve up this year after a year of getting used to the NRL. Now that he is leaving and also injured it's frustrating cause at the moment

A we need him being reasonably experienced.
B The way we play has been based around him being out the back for the sweeping plays.
C He's a special talent and with him leaving earlier then expected it would be good to see him in a Warriors jersey before he finishes up.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
That was a good win, the Titans team isn't as bad as people make out. Their forward pack is very good (on paper anyway) and their backline has pace to burn. Ryan James injury probably didnt help them, he can be pretty dominant but they still had quality backup.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
A little sore but he will be fine for the game next week...
You sure, as I'd heard differently .... but then the person who said that also had told me that Doyle wouldn't be a good CEO!

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Shame about Sipley, do we know the details of his injury? Hopefully it isn't anything that will potentially hinder his future.

Reactions: Defence

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Blimey - the NSW Cup squad will need a strong bench as they could be three down to injury within ten minutes this weekend!
After spending all the time together, Reuben will be feeling lonely this week in his rehab club without them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parramatta Eels Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Rate Match

Last Game

16 May

18 - 34
4.4 Total Avg Rating
1.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings