Injury 2015 Warriors Injury Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Theres still hope for Sam Tomkins and hopefully he wont be out long. He's seen walking around at the 2:15 mark of this clip...

[parsehtml]<script height="349px" width="620px" src="https://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=40ZzI0dDr6Di4ijN2ZkrDol17Xqf6ekw&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>[/parsehtml]

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
Theres still hope for Sam Tomkins and hopefully he wont be out long. He's seen walking around at the 2:15 mark of this clip...

[parsehtml]<script height="349px" width="620px" src="https://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=40ZzI0dDr6Di4ijN2ZkrDol17Xqf6ekw&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>[/parsehtml]
Love it how Manu talks about the competition between the left and right side, that is how a team is built. Also the way he said that they are doing it for that FANS (didn't add long suffering) as they are the most important. Great team ethos emerging since Cappy took over.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Love it how Manu talks about the competition between the left and right side, that is how a team is built. Also the way he said that they are doing it for that FANS (didn't add long suffering) as they are the most important. Great team ethos emerging since Cappy took over.

Yeah, the attitude both on and off the field seems to be on the improve since Cappy took over. The addition of Hoffman this year, plus TL, Tomkins and Friend in previous years is surely helping that professionalism. We've also replaced lazy ass Mateo and never-seemed-to-fit-in Dane with hungry young guns in Lisone and Vete this year.

Reminds me of the best parts of the Cleary era.

Matulino's Left Shoulder

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 22, 2012

Que the "JUST BECAUSE HES WALKING AROUND WITHOUT PAIN DOESNT MEAN HE HASNT SUFFERED A SEASON ENDING ACL RUPTURE" crowd.

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2014
He had time to call Lolo behind him for a pass then walked off Slightly ginger. Really professional.

I think it's not too bad. I say 6 weeks max. Might even be back earlier. He wasn't wincing in pain. He actually jogged off. Doubt it being acl.

Kalcod

1st Grade Fringe
May 13, 2012
I'm not an orthopaedic surgeon, but an ACL or partial ACL tear doesn't mean you'll be in pain or unable to walk/run. I think full tears in particular are less painful. So trying to figure the injury by looking at what he was doing on the field or after the game etc is probably a futile exercise. Will just have to wait and see...
All I know is when I ruptured my ACL is was fucking agonising. Swelled up like a balloon and I was vomiting :)

Obviously, with the leg muscle these guys have they still have a lot of support to the joint. Not something I'd wish on anyone thats for sure. Watching Tate play on after he did is for the 3rd time was just unbelievable.

I've now had 1 x ACL reconstruction, 4 x cartlidge scrapes and 1 x notch plasty (to remove a bone growth) on the same knee. Its knackered :)

Kalcod

1st Grade Fringe
May 13, 2012
he didn't signal straight away though. it happened in a tackle just prior to the Kata try from CT's kick. He tried to test it by continuing on and after taking a kick and handing it off, then he called to the sideline. So, didn't appear to be in pain at all, mostly just discomfort. Still could be anything, so hoping for the best.
He took that kick pretty much in front of where I sit and as soon as he passed it, he knew it wasn't right and signaled straight away to the bench and went straight off.

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
INJURY REPORT | Tomkins sidelined
Richard Becht
Mon 23rd March, 03:58PM
1427081521039.jpg

Vodafone Warriors fullback Sam Tomkins being treated by physiotherapist Hamish Craighead during Saturday's NRL encounter with the Parramatta Eels at Mount Smart Stadium. Image | www.photosport.co.nz

Vodafone Warriors fullback Sam Tomkins will be sidelined for up to six weeks with a partial tear of the posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

Tomkins left the field 11 minutes into the second half of Saturday’s third-round victory over Parramatta at Mount Smart Stadium.

He’s expected to be available again later in April or early in May. The Vodafone Warriors are away to North Queensland (April 18), home to Gold Coast (April 25) and away to Cronulla (May 9).

“The outcome is a lot better than it could have been,” said Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden.

“Sam will rehab the injury and should be available again in a few weeks.

“Obviously it’s a setback being without a player of his quality but it’s also a big opportunity for Tui (Lolohea).

“He’s already had a full game at fullback against the Knights and he played there for another 30 minutes on Saturday. He’s a player with special ability and we have great confidence in him.”

Tomkins, who turned 26 today, joins an injury list which still includes Sam Rapira (hamstring), Konrad Hurrell (knee) and Ngani Laumape (knee).

REHAB ROOM

Glen Fisiiahi (shoulder) | Round 6-7

David Fusitua (shoulder) | Round 6-7

Konrad Hurrell (knee) | Round 5-6

Ngani Laumape (knee) | Round 5-6

Mason Lino (shoulder) | Round 7-8

Ken Maumalo (hamstring) | Round 5-6

Sam Rapira (hamstring) | Round 5-6

Sam Tomkins (knee) | Round 7-9

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2015/03/23/injury_report_tomkin.html

DavidMcKay1974

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2013
I'm happy it's a PCL? And not a season ending injury. Just need to get 2 or 3 wins without him and we'll be right. Get him back, and it'll be sweet, sweet sailing for the play offs.

We've got 2 wins in 3 matches, and need 4 more wins in the next 7 matches to be guaranteed a spot in the play offs - that's going off my stats of making play offs.

Rest up Tomkins whilst you can, and come back, healthy and get us moving in the right direction.

We can do this without Tomkins, we've done it before he got here, we can do it again.

Time to step up Shaun Johnson.

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Pre season, when everyone was posting their team for 2015 and had Manu in the forwards, the backline was mostly

Tomkins
Fish
Laumape
Hurrel
Fusitua

Thats now our injured list :/

We're going kill it in finals when all our forwards are back and everybody else's is out injured. I can just hear Matty Johns now :

"Well, can you believe that ? Warriors real lucky to win it there and if Sharks hadn't had all their forwards out due to systemic injuries plaguing the club, then well who knows what would happen there ? Probably would of won it by forty points ! Haha ! So yeah there you go, who would of picked it ? Warriors are into 2015 Grand Final against Rabbitohs and if this year game in Perth is any prediction I would mortgage the house and put it on Bunnies to practically win that one because even with John Sutton and Burgess out along with G.I, Warriors have no chance ! No really I don't rate them because as club NZ Warriors are just that bad ! Hindy, Fletch, Gordon, would you call Warriors one of worse teams to make it into a Grand Final ? " Tosser :D

Last edited:

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Sigh, could be worse, could've been better.

Broncos (h), storm (a), tigers (h) cowboys (a), titans (h) then week off for Anzac test, that's helpful.

3-2 in those games would be a damn good result.

Reactions: Defence
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parramatta Eels Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Rate Match

Last Game

16 May

18 - 34
4.4 Total Avg Rating
1.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings