Support/Announcement 2015 NZWarriors.com Fan Forum Awards

Player you expect to have the best season?

• Issac Luke

• Tuimoala Lolohea

• Jonathan Wright

• Konrad Hurrell

• Solomone Kata

• Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

• Matt Allwood

• Ken Maumalo

• Shaun Johnson

• Chad Townsend

• Mason Lino

• Ligi Sao

• Blake Ayshford

• Jeff Robson

• Ben Matulino

• Jacob Lillyman

• Sam Lisone

• Albert Vete

• Charlie Gubb

• Simon Mannering

• Bodene Thompson

• Ryan Hoffman

• Raymond Faitala-Mariner

• Manu Vatuvei

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Went with an in shape, and in form Konnie (not just because i'd be scared of getting a knee to the head). Always found those shorter, squatter types harder to tackle, Go high they just brush you off, go low and those ponga stump legs make mincemeat of you. Kata and Laumape would be similar as well. The bigger guys you could get under and drive into them so was a tad easier (that said for us normal people any NRL player would fall into that "hardest to tackle" category).

The big boppa i'd be least scared of standing in front of - Sione Lousi. Seriously for such a unit i've never seen someone submit in a tackle more meekly than him. Think his problem is cause he's so slow he just cant build up enough impetus going into contact and just dies....oh and i'd fancy my chances with Jonno Wright as well.

Reactions: Defence

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
Went with Vats. Because of his length, I imagine it'd be harder trying to bring him down 1 on 1, and he doesn't always try to power through you. Hurrell tends to run straight at you and his legs aren't as high making him a bit easier to stop IMO (apart from knee lifting).

*Edit* on reflection - Shaun Johnson would also be a good choice depending on your definition of hardest... I don't think I could lay a hand on him which would make it very hard to tackle him!

Last edited:

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Vatuvei still probably runs the hardest, but any one of them would go straight over the top of your average keyboard warrior, vete runs pretty hard too, got a bit weight behind him.

I’d fancy my chances with a limping Sam Tomkins though, if he slipped first, which is likely.

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
That's along list for me
I think all our forwards are pretty menacing
An yeah some of them tackle with real intent
So I went with the one who seems to have the
most enthusiasm an least regard for personal safety
Gubb
But over all we've got a quality forward pack
Albert Vete is hitting hard seen a couple of driving tackles
from him
An Ligi Sao I recon he'll be right up tthere he had a good
battle going with Simon Mannering when we played manly
looked like he was making a point about what he will bring
But overall our forwards are damaging on D,,, I think is Isac Luke
will solid up that area around the ruck an well start seeing how good
our boys are When teams can't just run at the same guy for 10 meters
each time ,

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Tbh the one Manu actually reads right and comes off his wing to shut down the overlap (ala Billy Slater) is probably (and sadly) the most fearsome hit in this Warriors side now that Mutt's shoulder is redundant. Although Gubb goes alright.

Reactions: Defence and Jay M

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
We really don’t have that many big hitters do we? compared to some other teams.

Got some good technique in Mannering and Leuluai, no one like a Mose Masoe that might destroy you if you don’t get out of the way. Or a James Graham who will try to knock you out with his head for fun.

Mannering looks like he would hurt though.

Reactions: Defence

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Originally voted Matulino but then remebered how Mannering makes First Grade players writhe in pain on the ground after a tackle.

He would probably break my rib in the initial contact, then dislocate my shoulder with the wrestle and then slam my back and head into the ground resulting in a concussion.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings