Who you backing for the big dance?

• Broncos

• Cowboys

Results are only viewable after voting.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Wow what an ending. I've often joked if the Warriors ever win a premiership we'd do it with a real nail biter but I couldn't scrip that.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Yeah I was a Balmain supporter back then but I think this is better
That's still the greatest for me as well. First major league game I ever watched; think it was the first final broadcast in NZ so we got all of the build up all week.

I rented that out when I first came up to Auckland. It's pretty much end to end and dramatic. Probably doesn't have the last 5 minutes of this one.

Reactions: Mr Brownstone

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
Damn! Beat us to a Premiership.. congrats Thurston & the Cowboys.

Thurston's set in stone as an immortal, finally got his Premiership, one of the greats without doubt.

Awesome game, both teams came to play they put on a great exhibition of the game.. high standard of intensity and skill execution, real game of attrition but you could see Broncos stopped playing and Cowboys sensed it and got over the top of them in the end

Hunt will go down as one of the biggest villains in Broncos history, definitely 2 of the most crucial mistakes at crucial times in the biggest game of all, never live it down that's for sure.

Reactions: shuffle

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2014
Again a team loses from too much defence and not enough points in front. Hunt kicking the ball out every time let them gain confidence. Yes they were tired. But offering nothing in attack in the last 20 minutes makes the team behind's job easier.

wazzas

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Well only 3 teams left without a premiership..man I hope we can make it only 2 next year
titans won't win it any time soon, TBH I think we are the most likely ahead of the Sharks in the next 5-10 years with the team we are building

Marshthedarsh

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2012
Wait, so one field goal was the only thing between JT winning the Clive Churchill and not? Or would he have won it anyway because no one else was being watched.

Found this - https://www.theroar.com.au/2015/10/04/can-we-avoid-another-churchill-medal-fiasco/

Something about 60 minutes in which is ridiculous. In the RWC it seems to be just after 70 minutes.

Also - correctly calls it 16-12. So creepy.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not a Broncos fan. That would have been the worst thing that's ever happened in my life. 79:55.

Last edited:

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Wait, so one field goal was the only thing between JT winning the Clive Churchill and not? Or would he have won it anyway because no one else was being watched.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not a Broncos fan. That would have been the worst thing that's ever happened in my life. 79:45.
Yeah he won it for that last 5 mins because he wasn't playing well before that.

Reactions: Defence

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 16, 2014
That's still the greatest for me as well. First major league game I ever watched; think it was the first final broadcast in NZ so we got all of the build up all week.

I rented that out when I first came up to Auckland. It's pretty much end to end and dramatic. Probably doesn't have the last 5 minutes of this one.
More overtime than this one. Balmain would hold on and hold on. Canberra threw the kitchen sink. Similar game but more tiredness I reckon. In fact there were a handful of 80s/90s finals with heart-stopping drama and longer endurance IMO. But it's hard for people to remember and compare how excited they were then with now.

Reactions: wallacenz

Danpatmac

i really feel for Bronco fans, they were definitely the better team for 95% of the game .

I'm really over the Thurston hype machine too... he is very, very good but Johns & Lewis are the best i've ever seen.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
i really feel for Bronco fans, they were definitely the better team for 95% of the game .

I'm really over the Thurston hype machine too... he is very, very good but Johns & Lewis are the best i've ever seen.
I always thought Johns was overrated, he always got outplayed by Langer. Stacey Jones at his best was on par with Johns imo. Thurston would be the most dominant half I have seen, he runs NQs entire offence

Reactions: Sup42

Jordan G

More overtime than this one. Balmain would hold on and hold on. Canberra threw the kitchen sink. Similar game but more tiredness I reckon. In fact there were a handful of 80s/90s finals with heart-stopping drama and longer endurance IMO. But it's hard for people to remember and compare how excited they were then with now.

On the flip side, games in the past often get romanticised as being better than they were because of how historic they became. Not saying the Tigers/Raiders was one if those, but there were certainly passages of play in that game that were less than stellar examples of great rugby league same as this one.

I think winning off the back of that Hunt error is a little disappointing for the spectacle as a whole in comparison with the 89 final.

Reactions: Defence

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings