Internationals 2015 ANZAC Test

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
England need a real halfback, the bloke they had playing for them last four nations was mud.
Certainly their forwards would be a tougher challenge, they won’t hide from Taupau. James Graham would try and knock him out with his head.

Hah, wouldn’t that be amazing?
If we ascend too high they’ll start holding out players or get the judiciary wheels churning again, “Jesse Bromwich will miss the 2016 Anzac test for a grade 2 crusher tackle, Keiran Foran has been sent to Germany by Parramatta for tests on a sore knee”

And they still appoint the referees and their interpretations, choke holds and chicken wings are now legal, obstruction rulings re-written, stripping the ball from 110kg wingers of tongan extraction will now result in an 8 tackle set.

Only for international play you understand.

In seriousness, the 2017 world cup is the one to break them with, it will be held down here, can the kiwis carry this through for another 2 ½ years?

They will have a new, better, coach by then, will have weeded out a few of the passengers in the team, Greg Bird and the like.

And they’ll be more motivated in a world cup final, they just will be, especially if it is a retirement game for the likes of Smith or Thurston.
The problem I see for Aus is that Kearney has the roster and the game plan to play just like them (defensive shutouts and technical high standards) a lot of what the kiwis are about now days is playing patient footy

Reaction score
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Isnt it great, to hear the level of embarrassment in Matt Elliots voice as he reviews the game. Isnt it great to the aussie media now trying their best to start origin articles to think its a distant memory what happened on sunday. they dont wanna know whats happened in the last 6 months. they just want to make sure greg bird and josh reynolds can play for their beloved blues. Its Awesome. The more they value the origin jumper and care less about the kiwis the more i wanna see the boys hammering them, guys like brett stewart and jamie lyon always had a dodgy injury when it came to representing the kangaroos, they never wanted to know, i hope origin keeps being the pinnacle for them and when they put on that green and gold jumper they lack energy for it and we keep pounding them. Who cares let any kiwi boy who wants to play origin play go ahead, steal our talent go, but when you come around to us kiwis you know what test footy is and you will be embarrased you thought that playing in origin was a better feeling then playing for your country.. As long as the kiwis continue to demolish aussie the more happy i am for them to believe in their own hype of origin. Times are changing, we thought 2010 was it but it was brewing. It has now taken off and it doesnt look like much will stop it.

For me what this team has done has put pressure back on the NZRL. You have world no.1 team at your disposal what are you gonna do with this brand? Will you fight for 2 back to back anzac tests in NZ? who said it had to be 1? will you get kiwis advertisements on tv to show off our team and sponsorship. imagine the day when the kiwis have their own ads on t.v. you can do it. Are you gonna get a test series with england and aus on a regular basis. are you gonna give the pacific nations a fair go at playing against us to strenghten our pacific neighbours. Do you have a plan to make rugby league the most played sport in new zealand schools and a prized national comp. The sky is the limit if you want to put the effort in.

Reaction score
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
A quote from the roar. Crackin up how we always said the kiwis dont do well on a short week of prep, and how we should can the anzac test, now look whats happened lol:finger:

"Four days is not enough time to prepare for a test match. Both for players and coach. The NRL were partly to blame for our debacle imo. Our boys did not look mentally attuned to playing a test match against an ever improving, youthful Kiwi side.State of bloody Origin has a 8/10 day camp every game to ready two Aussie teams to smash the living daylites out of each other. A test match international should warrant the same preparation time. So an Aussie team will be ready to belt all comers..Wake up NRL."

Reaction score
Tedster

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
See the Titans are trying to downgrade dirty Birds tackle, the judiciary will probably agree so he could possibly play SOO................................................................. Oh and has anyone else noticed how extermely unattractive that man is, he always seems to run around with his tongue poking out....................................
:rolleyes:

Reaction score
surfin

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I take it Thiaday wasn't cited, grapple tackles back in the skill set again then?

Edit: Sorry I see he has.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fantail23

Fantail23

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
New Zealand's rise to become rugby league's No.1 nation has been a journey more than 10 years in the making and one that must surely now have members of the Australian camp questioning the decision not to play another Test for 12 months.

Although it won't be confirmed until the next round of Rugby League International Federation rankings are released whether Kiwi 26-12 result was enough to officially claim top spot yet, the fact they have a three-Test series against England at the end of the year while the Kangaroos players are enduring pre-season training means it is totally out of Australian hands.

Depending on the results of that series, Australia may require four consecutive wins over New Zealand to regain top billing. A proposed Great Britain tour at the end of the season, which would have included mid-week matches against teams such as Country and Polynesian All Stars as well as Tests against Australia and New Zealand, was rejected due to concerns about player workload after the 2013 World Cup and last year's Four Nations.
Instead, the Kiwis will tour England to play Tests at the Olympic Stadium in London, Wigan's DW Stadium and Hull's KC Stadium, as well as a match against Leeds at Headingley.

The greatest pity of such a decision is that the Kangaroos will not play an end of season Test for the first time since 1993 at a time when fans are showing a growing interest in the international game.

Reaction score
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Old koro Corey plarkass is ready for the rest home with all his grey farkin hair.. Another sooky complaining after being owned by Taupau.. love it.. cry ozzy scum.. go pretend origin is the pinnacle you bunch of flowers.

Reaction score

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
For older viewers.

Kiwis v Kangaroos
1985 Nz 18 Oz Nil (Olsen Filipaina!)
2015 Nz 26 Oz 12

Which is the better win.
My memories rusty but it was a great win in 85.
However this years game was the 3rd win in a row.

I,m still buzzing about thsi game -I live in QLD and every Kiwi I meet is up a notch because of this win.

Reaction score

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Oh and also next years ANZAC test MUST be played in Nz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Jay M

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
For older viewers.

Kiwis v Kangaroos
1985 Nz 18 Oz Nil (Olsen Filipaina!)
2015 Nz 26 Oz 12

Which is the better win.
My memories rusty but it was a great win in 85.
However this years game was the 3rd win in a row.

I,m still buzzing about thsi game -I live in QLD and every Kiwi I meet is up a notch because of this win.
24-0 in the 2005 tri nations was pretty epic too ;)
the Melbourne match in 1991 was great as well (24-8 to us)

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Oh and also next years ANZAC test MUST be played in Nz!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NZRL are playing hardball. They've told Aussie that either we play it in NZ or not at all. Good on them.

Reaction score
Jay M

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
NZRL are playing hardball. They've told Aussie that either we play it in NZ or not at all. Good on them.
good :) the ball is in our court, because by the time we play them next year it'll be 2 yrs since they last won, and if NZ pushes it out til the end of the year, it'll be 2.5 years... ;)

Reaction score
Richie

Richie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I've said for a long time that when Origin is being played we should be playing England the same week. 3 games a year.

Won't take long for the Aussies to change their tune when they find themselves losing regularly.
This! We could even alternate, vs the poms one year, Samoa the next, then Tonga, repeat. Imagine the combos and consistency we would develop! Holycrapstick, we'd end up light years ahead of Aus. We'd also be growing the international game (sorely needed, thanks for nothing ARL/NRL). I'm not kidding myself, Aus will always be the number 1 league nation (not rankings wise, but heartland), but it'd be great for the NZRL to grab the opportunity to take a more active role in growing the international game.

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Ozzy will never help grow the game internationally, if it isn't about them or games played in oz to suit their fan base and sponsors then they couldn't care less. The Anzac test should have been staged in NZ but they stole that from under our noses just like every other year. They'd rather pillage then develop the game internationally. Ozzy get more satisfaction out of flogging minnow nations and gloating like their the greatest afterwards. Let them keep their precious origin.. NZ can do more for the international game by abandoning ozzy and playing regularly and focusing on the Poms and the Island Nations instead, I'm all for that.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
I've said for a long time that when Origin is being played we should be playing England the same week. 3 games a year.

Won't take long for the Aussies to change their tune when they find themselves losing regularly.
The NRL would never let this happen, without all the kiwis and the poms they wouldnt have anyone left to play their game during the weekends.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Ozzy will never help grow the game internationally, if it isn't about them or games played in oz to suit their fan base and sponsors then they couldn't care less. The Anzac test should have been staged in NZ but they stole that from under our noses just like every other year. They'd rather pillage then develop the game internationally. Ozzy get more satisfaction out of flogging minnow nations and gloating like their the greatest afterwards. Let them keep their precious origin.. NZ can do more for the international game by abandoning ozzy and playing regularly and focusing on the Poms and the Island Nations instead, I'm all for that.
2 things

1 honestly at the moment the Media shine on Origin aint what it was, very subdued. But it will return to normal in a couple of weeks, at least till the old dogs of QLD thrash the cheats from NSW.
2 The NRL are desperate to grow the game. They are losing the battle atm to AFL. Anything that gets them a higher profile is a great thing in their opinion. And the one thing that AFL cant give them is a true international audience.

Reaction score
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I will say this, Theres one person who i think couldve made a difference and that is Jarryd Hayne, his play in the world cup was world class. I think hes gonna be the missing link in the backs, he is a beast that fortunately is away playing for my favorite nfl team.

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
2 things

1 honestly at the moment the Media shine on Origin aint what it was, very subdued. But it will return to normal in a couple of weeks, at least till the old dogs of QLD thrash the cheats from NSW.
2 The NRL are desperate to grow the game. They are losing the battle atm to AFL. Anything that gets them a higher profile is a great thing in their opinion. And the one thing that AFL cant give them is a true international audience.
I was mad on origin and I'll still watch the overhyped fixtures but they aren't what they use to be.. I'm sick of hearing Gould flap his gums putting it on an undeserving pedestal above the Kiwis..

I'm pretty much just joining the put the boot in bandwagon and keep the foot on the throat because I'm over seeing them dominate the game off field and on field.. I guess from a NZ'r fan perspective I'm pretty naïve when it comes to the NRL/AFL rivalry. We hardly get any coverage of that game in this country anyways so it's pretty much out of sight out of mind.

I can't stand AFL, a game called ozzy rules just puts me right off even wanting to watch it and I have tried to watch it but I just didn't enjoy anything about it.

Reaction score
mode81

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I will say this, Theres one person who i think couldve made a difference and that is Jarryd Hayne, his play in the world cup was world class. I think hes gonna be the missing link in the backs, he is a beast that fortunately is away playing for my favorite nfl team.
As much as it hurts to say but Hayne and Brett Morris were great for them in that 2013 World Cup final.. They've really missed both their clinical play and finishing prowess since that final.

Top Bottom