Internationals 2014 State Of Origin

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Anyone want to cast some wild guesses about the teams announced tonight, there must be some NSW supporters willing to roll the dice with some random selections considering all the absences they have.

At least QLD are predictable, they play 8 forwards, Scott, Myles, Parker, Gillett are certainties, Te’o, McQueen are very likely (IMO), that leaves Bull Lillyman competing with Hannant, Guerra, Papalii, Taylor, Kennedy, McGuire, Shillington and whoever else for the last two spots, assuming Thaiday stays injured.

I could definitely see Jacob being left out, or 18th man, all the ‘loyalty’ bollocks they go on about, Hannant and Taylor both took the field for them more recently than him. They started poor old Petero all 3 games in 2012 when he was almost completely spent, Mal doesn’t particularly seem to care if players are in form or not, but it works for him, so y’know.

Is the 18th man released to play? Last year Sutton was the NSW 18th man for all three games and he did (I checked) play for Souths in the games they had preceding origin, and as the worries will be just down the road in the GC, I reckon he’ll be named 18th man again and will run out on Saturday night for us.

Danpatmac

QLD

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Te'O
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Cherry-Evans
15. Papalli
16. Taylor
17. McGuire

18. Guerra

NSW

1.Loser
2.Loser
3.Loser
4.Loser
5.Loser
6.Loser
7.Loser
8.Loser
9.Loser
10.Loser
11.Loser
12.Loser
13.Loser

14.Loser
15.Loser
16.Loser
17.Loser

18.Loser

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
damn cant agree and mark funny at the same time

Reactions: 2 people
mrblonde

mrblonde

New South Wales to beat Queensland in the State of Origin in 2014?

NEIN!

Australian Rugby League might have to put an ad out : Tenders requested to have a Team in State of Origin, The successful Team to play against Queensland Three Times a Year in Rugby League's marquee event "State of Origin". All Comers welcome, all bids accepted for consideration all provinces/states from all countries except New South Wales who are too shite.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Moley just congratulated Josh Reynolds & Trent Hodgkinson as the new blues halves.... May as well chalk up another series win to Qld now!

I dont really give a shit as Im a Morons supporter anyway but why the hell do NSW always throw newbies out there to the slaughter? This time its 2 new noobs. Every damn year they switch the halves pairing. NSW weak patheticness is ruining Origin...

Danpatmac

I dont really give a shit as Im a Morons supporter anyway but why the hell do NSW always throw newbies out there to the slaughter? This time its 2 new noobs. Every damn year they switch the halves pairing. NSW weak patheticness is ruining Origin...

Neither of those guys are actually rep level players imo.
Mind you, neither is Pearce.

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Uggh Hodgkinson...

Doesnt matter though. Origin is usually won in the Forwards. Im sure most Blues fans would be hoping that Mal picks as many out of form Broncos forwards as possible.

#startofablueera

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Uggh Hodgkinson...

Doesnt matter though. Origin is usually won in the Forwards. Im sure most Blues fans would be hoping that Mal picks as many out of form Broncos forwards as possible.

#startofablueera
According to twitter Thaiday maybe out.

The forwards may get the ball rolling but the halves control the game. NSW arguably had the better pack last year but Maloney was shell shocked. Happened to Carney the year before that. I'll be stunned if these 2 noobs come in and dominate in the furnace of Origin...

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Hopefully Hayne brings his current form into State of Origin.

Laurie Daley said:
"At this stage, if everyone is right then I expect Jarryd to be fullback."

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Love it, with so many absences in the forwards they are going to get pounded next Wednesday, Reynolds won't get away with his bullshit with smith in the refs ear and at suncorp, Hodgkinson is solid and all, but will be discarded after one game. Reynolds is an important selection as I need more filthy grubs to hate on and with bird and fifita out, stocks were gettin low. Well done Laurie!

How is Mal going to claim the underdog status this time though?

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

God if Reynolds is picked for the blues I might have to stop supporting them.

Hate that (*#!
Yip that's exactly what I am thinking too... I'd just not bother watching as it will be a train wreck!

Reactions: motu1

Danpatmac

By selecting a reserve grader in Papalii ;)

Lets not lose faith already blues fans! Statistically speaking, Qld is due a loss this year.

I think the fact they have chosen reynolds and hodkinson has already sealed their fate.

the only statistic that will matter is 9 - 0

warriors4eva

God if Reynolds is picked for the blues I might have to stop supporting them.

Hate that (*#!

f@#k i know what your saying !!

i hate that dude. At the game yesterday i couldnt stop yelling at him for no reason

he is just a tool !

Reactions: ryno
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Yeah NSW are fucked. Hodko and Reynolds are not the Dogs' strength, they play behind their monster pack that are often doing a lot of the ball-playing themselves. Josh Reynolds will try hard, but they're so far below what QLD has to offer.

Reactions: Defence

macker

NSW are heavily traumatized by 8 straight beatings. But Queensland are old and arthritis is setting in. So it could go either way.

motu1

motu1

NSW is going to win and win easily 3 - 0 piece of piss and in ten years time when were going for ten straight we see how you grovelling rednecks react when the shoe's on the other foot

BLUES!!!

Reactions: Bit of Biffo