Internationals 2014 PACIFIC TEST Samoa vs Fiji

I'd back kane in that stand off. Sams done all the barking and mouthing , kanes smiling with a homicidal grin ( mad man....don't fight nutters ).

Kane must've done something in the tackle, Sam really resented something, I reckon he's copped a sly headbutt in the tackle but a dumb response that only effect his club really.

Kane must've done something in the tackle, Sam really resented something, I reckon he's copped a sly headbutt in the tackle but a dumb response that only effect his club really.
MYSKY recording didn't work...just finished fixing it but can't recover the replay....games on again Monday morning I wouldn't mind having another look at that....Looked like Kane got him with a head but first in the tackle......

This concept is great and it represents the various cultures involved in the NRL and gives them a stage to show off their talent. I thought it was a great game. Loved the first 20 minutes especially. As a contest perhaps the last 20 minutes faded off but there was a lot to like in that game. Maybe they could have a Pacific 9s tournament. It would be awesome to have teams represented from PNG, England, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and Cook Islands, NRL Indigenous and NZ Maori. Straight knock out competition and the winning team gets a shot next year.

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
12390_10203164006535222_8932743573704417111_n.jpg

Well played Samoa Had to cheer for them as my favourite Son-In -Law is Samoan [my only SIL] You had that never give in attitude Bit strange seeing Inu in the jersey but excellent game from him

Team for Four Nations?

Simona
Nofoaluma
Inu
Matai
Vidot
Brown
Manumalealii
Matagi
Godinet
Tagataese
Soliola
Hansen
Sue

Tuimavave/Sio
Masoe
Gavet
Peyroux

I think we could get Milford back as I can't see him playing Origin or for Australia this year, but won't include him until it's official.

Could we land Papali'i and/or Te'o? We have average second row depth.

Team for Four Nations?

Simona
Nofoaluma
Inu
Matai
Vidot
Brown
Manumalealii
Matagi
Godinet
Tagataese
Soliola
Hansen
Sue

Tuimavave/Sio
Masoe
Gavet
Peyroux

I think we could get Milford back as I can't see him playing Origin or for Australia this year, but won't include him until it's official.

Could we land Papali'i and/or Te'o? We have average second row depth.

Think Gavet will make the Kiwis.
But good team and not far of it.

Reactions: Sugar Ray
Would Samoa want Te'o again? I thought he pissed the whole team off in the 08 WC talking about playing Origin etc. They only selected him for one game as a result.

Has Tony Puletua hung up the rep boots?
I've never heard that before. I know he put his hand up for the Samoan World Cup team last year, but I think playing Origin made him ineligible.

I don't know if Puletua has hung up his rep boots, but it'd be tough for him to make the squad now.

I've never heard that before. I know he put his hand up for the Samoan World Cup team last year, but I think playing Origin made him ineligible.

I don't know if Puletua has hung up his rep boots, but it'd be tough for him to make the squad now.

I heard or read it in the year after the WC but can't remember where so don't take it as gospel. I've never been much of a fan of him though and he's already played Origin so I guess that's it.

I would rather see Puletua than Masoe on current ESL form for this year at least. Going by the few Wigan games I've seen this year, Masoes nowhere near the form he had at the Roosters, he looks unfit anyway.

The team you've named could give the other 3 a scare or two and maybe an upset, here's hoping anyway.

I heard or read it in the year after the WC but can't remember where so don't take it as gospel. I've never been much of a fan of him though and he's already played Origin so I guess that's it.

I would rather see Puletua than Masoe on current ESL form for this year at least. Going by the few Wigan games I've seen this year, Masoes nowhere near the form he had at the Roosters, he looks unfit anyway.

The team you've named could give the other 3 a scare or two and maybe an upset, here's hoping anyway.

mose masoe will step up once he puts on the toa samoa jersey

1.simona/milford
2.nofoaluma/winterstein
3.inoo/lafai
4.mateye/leilua
5.vidot
6.tuimavave
7.manumalealii
8.tagateezy
9.godinet
10.mcguire
11.ah mau/pritchard? (always said he wanted to play for us, maybe this is the year)
12.soliola/liu (would be good to have tey-o or papalee)
13.sue/FPN? sonny bill dups? jeremy smith?

14.masoe/kasiano?
15.matagi
16.hansen
17.payrox
18.sio

Not a bad team. If we did manage to get all those players, it'd shake things up a bit. We definitely look well served at centre and wing.

McGuire has already pushed us back, so I doubt we'll see him in the squad.

Pritchard joined Samoa back in 2012(or was it 2011?), but then our tour to England was canceled, and then he was back to the Kiwis the next year.

I'm sure Maitua will be giving SBW the nudge to play for us, but I doubt he'll play for us though. I've learnt as a Samoan fan that if it looks/sounds too good to be true, it's unlikely to happen.

I probably judged Puletua unfairly on his game-time at the World Cup, when he probably wasn't match fit. If he's going well, then sure, bring him in. I think I'd still pick Masoe over him if I had choose between the two - mostly based on Masoe's potential impact. I think we'll need World Cup Masoe if we are to have a chance.

Last edited: