General 2014 Auckland Rugby League Competition

slaughterhouse.sa

Siua Otunuku?

With the NSWRL Cup team being swallowed by the Warriors you will see less and less players from the NZ domestic scene playing. As far as Im aware its only Upu Poching and Jarrod Tua who play in the Reserve Grade but arent part of the Warriors squad. Think also Steve Waetford. Even their positions are safe with only injuries, form or suspensions allowing them to play. Warriors could easily fill the team with fringe first graders and NYC players if they chose to...

Yeah but I think Fox standard is slowly rising.
Many NYC players cant even make their respective Fox team ask Ramraider.

I am sure Johno Carl and Herman Retzlaff played a few games.

Warriors could do a better job in choosing the best local players vs NYC players.
Obviously make sure the local players are 24/25 at the oldest then they might kick on.

Sam Cook has got plenty of Football, but William Stowers is the best half in the Fox Imo.

Reactions: 1 users
ramraider78

ramraider78

Siua Otunuku?

With the NSWRL Cup team being swallowed by the Warriors you will see less and less players from the NZ domestic scene playing. As far as Im aware its only Upu Poching and Jarrod Tua who play in the Reserve Grade but arent part of the Warriors squad. Think also Steve Waetford. Even their positions are safe with only injuries, form or suspensions allowing them to play. Warriors could easily fill the team with fringe first graders and NYC players if they chose to...
Sam Cook is the other player I know of - Fox Players will be the fill in's IMO

Yeah but I think Fox standard is slowly rising.
Many NYC players cant even make their respective Fox team ask Ramraider.

I am sure Johno Carl and Herman Retzlaff played a few games.

Warriors could do a better job in choosing the best local players vs NYC players.
Obviously make sure the local players are 24/25 at the oldest then they might kick on.

Sam Cook has got plenty of Football, but William Stowers is the best half in the Fox Imo.

I won't disagree there - Willie Stowers has been very consistent in the games I've watched , operates well under pressure.

Yeah we've had a few NYC players come up to Fox and struggled with the pressure + being out of there comfort zone - the ones who have struggled this year will no doubt in my mind kick on next season - we've dropped a few this season to reserves because of there error rate and going missing during the game, for them to bounce back at this end of the season an perform.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
This
We went to a place in Massey.
Think we were in New Lynn watching footy while munching.
That was the colour of one of the teams on the field.
There is even a Sione look alike in that pick.
This the game you were watching at the Ranui Domain...

Undgjtitled

No Lauaki in the team list but thats not to say he didnt play under a pseudonym. This however is frowned upon and teams can lodge a complaint against such things. Trying to dig more info up so I'll let you know what I come up with...

Reactions: 1 user
Viking

Viking

That guy in the front with the white tights could be mistaken for Sione Lauaki

Mystery solved! I bet that's who the bro in law thought was Sione as well and the fact that there is a Siosi Lauaki in the team.

Mt Wellington is right about players using alias's, I've seen a few turn out for Sharman games as they were either to young or not registered to the team they're playing for. Fox teams probably wouldn't get away with it though, not these days anyway.

Weno

Weno

This

This the game you were watching at the Ranui Domain...

No Lauaki in the team list but thats not to say he didnt play under a pseudonym. This however is frowned upon and teams can lodge a complaint against such things. Trying to dig more info up so I'll let you know what I come up with...
Thanks Mt Wellington.
If we just asked the peeps walking past we would of known who the teams were.
New Lynn had a good pair of props.
And the Lauaki clone was a beast for Waitemata.
Pity time was against us, was enjoying the game.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
ARL ROUND 17
FOX
Premiership Review - August 2
Round 17 of the Appliance Shed Fox Memorial Premiership saw the battle for fourth place intensify, relegation assured for one team and the minor premiership all but secured.

By defeating the Richmond Bulldogs 42-0 on Saturday Pt Chevalier effectively secured themselves the minor premiership in a season where they have dominated the majority of their matches.

The Pirates now head into their final regular season game against the second-placed Mt Albert Lions, with 85 point differential sitting in their favour, look unlikely to be run down by their rivals.

The victory also buried Richmond’s hopes of remaining in the Fox for 2015, with six points now separating them and Otahuhu in ninth position, with only two points available from the last round.

Out at Murray Halberg Park in front of the Maori TV cameras the Marist Saints produced a slick performance to edge out the in-form Papakura Sea Eagles and keep their hopes of stealing the final playoff spot alive.

With Howick also having victory it means Marist face a must-win game next week against Richmond, and provided Howick can beat Mangere East the Saints will need to make up a whopping 63 point differential to steal fourth position.

In the remaining games Mt Albert came back into form after a disappointing month, crushing Glenora 60-10, while Otahuhu continue to finish a poor season in strong fashion, edging past Alec Brown’s Mangere East 30-28.

Fox Rnd 17

Fox Ladder

SHARMAN
Sharman Rnd 17

Sharman Ladder

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Havent done the Phelan for awhile but heres the latest results and ladder...
ARL ROUND 20
PHELAN
Helan Rnd 20

Helan Ladder

warriors4eva

is this the last round of the fox coming up ?

are the dogs back to the sharman , or do they have a promotion / relegation game

ramraider78

ramraider78

is this the last round of the fox coming up ?

are the dogs back to the sharman , or do they have a promotion / relegation game
Yep last round before semis for Fox - Bulldogs going back to Shaman, haven't won enough games.

slaughterhouse.sa

Yep last round before semis for Fox - Bulldogs going back to Shaman, haven't won enough games.

I be they will make it two divisions any way.
Maybe a 12/14 team competition

Mangere can knock out Howick and I am picking them to do so.

Watched Mt albert on tv - talk about super stacked.
They are more stacked than Kura and Pt Chev imo.

They should win the fox with that lineup.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Season is drawing to a close and the Grand Final date has been set. Great chance to see the best of local Auckland talent...

10563062 554643237975375 3189051375165251955 n

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So that was the final Round of the ARL regular season. All finals teams have been confirmed. As predicted all four of the money teams made the Fox semi finals...

FOX MEMORIAL SHIELD SEMI FINALS
Fox Semi

SHARMAN CUP SEMI FINALS
Sharman Semi

PHELAN SHIELD SEMI FINALS
Phelan Semi

ramraider78

ramraider78

I wonder if Howick have any more ring - in's this week :greedy: :finger: Orene Ai'i got the winning try when we played them last week - lost focus out there, boys spent to much time trying to smash him, surprised at how many Marist supporters showed up to support us lol.

I'm picking Mt Albert to win the 1st semi and Kura the next , Kura vs Pt Chev play off next week - still don't think it's Kura's year but you never know finals footy.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
ARL SEMI FINAL RESULTS

FOX MEMORIAL SHIELD
Fox semi
Mt. Albert Lions progress straight into the Final after beating the Pt Chev Pirates. The Pirates will have to go head to head with Papakura to decide the Lions opposition.

SHARMAN CUP
Sharman semi
Otara Scorpions advance straight to the Grand Final with the Manurewa Marlins and East Coast Bays Barracuda's to battle it out for the last final berth.

PHELAN SHIELD
Phelan semi
Pakuranga Jaguars head straight to the Grand Final. Hibiscus Coast Raiders will battle it out with Mt. Wellington Warriors for the final spot.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So the preliminary finals will be between:
FOX MEMORIAL SHIELD
Fox semi

SHARMAN CUP
Sharman semi

PHELAN SHIELD
Phelan semi

All games will be played at Trust Arena Waitakere...