General 2014 Auckland Rugby League Competition

Weno

Weno

To the Warriors up in Auckland.
I was up there a couple weekends back collecting some windows.
Stopped to watch a game for 10-15 minutes.
Think it was Glenfield or Glenn Innes playing some one?
Bu in this game I thought I saw former All Black Sione Lauaki running.
Can anyone confirm if my eyes were playing tricks on me please.

Buck777

You telling me! Dissention in the ranks. Otablu boys not happy with the coach. Heard the hooker George Smith stepped him out lol. He wont play for the club again while Keith is around.

One can only hope we win enough to not get relegated cause this season is a bust. The way Richmond are going I dont think we have anything to worry about...
Otahuhu will be fine - Instant Finance hasn't raided their youth like Richmonds

Viking

Viking

I thought I read somewhere that he was playing local league for a West Auckland club while waiting to sort something out that was in front of the courts resulting from a bit of misadventure while out on the town. He's from Waitemata Rugby so he could be playing for the Waitemata league club but he wouldn't have been up against Glenfield as there's no Westie teams in the Phelan and there is no Glen Innes team or club. Waitemata and Glenora are this brothers juniors clubs and he may have played some junior footy for them as well. The family home will still be in that area too. There's a Siosi Luaki on some old team sheets for Waitemata, could be him.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Sorry guys. Been pretty slack at updating this thread. No surprises with Otahuhu sucking balls lately and even losing to Marist today :(! We are facing relegation for the first time in our clubs proud history. Makes me sick even thinking about it.

Will update this thread tomorrow...

slaughterhouse.sa

Sorry guys. Been pretty slack at updating this thread. No surprises with Otahuhu sucking balls lately and even losing to Marist today :(! We are facing relegation for the first time in our clubs proud history. Makes me sick even thinking about it.

Marist are pretty decent to be fair.

Its good to see Mt Albert beat two weeks in a row by Papakura and Howick.
Also Howick going close.

Otahuhu really need to stay up imo.

They should expand Fox and just have to divisions.
Some Phelan teams need to be playing senior as.

Reactions: 1 user
ramraider78

ramraider78

You guys haven't been to Shaman since 1953 i hear??? TBH toko you guys won't go down IMO - Richmond had to win yesterday, bombing against Glenora and looking at there run Home, can't see them upsetting anyone.

How's Bluey going as coaching advisor to the premiers? he wouldn't be cheap.

Well toko our win yesterday - cements us in the Fox for 2015, should be a good battle in 2 weeks.

Marist are pretty decent to be fair.

Its good to see Mt Albert beat two weeks in a row by Papakura and Howick.
Also Howick going close.

Otahuhu really need to stay up imo.

They should expand Fox and just have to divisions.
Some Phelan teams need to be playing senior as.

Yeah Mt Albert aren't all that this year, my pick is Pt Chev to win it they are the best team all round I've seen all season.

Howick have the backline but there pack has no real go forward, only thing letting them down IMO.

lol 2 x divisions is what I'm hearing for 2015 - Pukekohe premz is close to falling over.

Reactions: 1 user

warriors4eva

just watching howick playing pt chev and saw big trent bishop playing lock

always rated him playing in the warriors 20's

is he not getting a run at all with the nsw sup side ??

slaughterhouse.sa

You guys haven't been to Shaman since 1953 i hear??? TBH toko you guys won't go down IMO - Richmond had to win yesterday, bombing against Glenora and looking at there run Home, can't see them upsetting anyone.

How's Bluey going as coaching advisor to the premiers? he wouldn't be cheap.

Well toko our win yesterday - cements us in the Fox for 2015, should be a good battle in 2 weeks.

Yeah Mt Albert aren't all that this year, my pick is Pt Chev to win it they are the best team all round I've seen all season.

Howick have the backline but there pack has no real go forward, only thing letting them down IMO.

lol 2 x divisions is what I'm hearing for 2015 - Pukekohe premz is close to falling over.

Only watched their TV games but Howicks strength is their forward pack.
They get a good roll on. 2nd rowers - Snell and Paulo Latu are quality. Should be the Stingrays 2nd rowers.
Just watch them carved up Pt Chev.(they lost though)

Other than Lousi there back dont offer anything - but they telegraph his backdoor players
Wingers are weak, they miss that Niukore kid who got pulled up.

Papakura Sea-Eagles (or Sea-Hawks) are my pick at the moment.
Willie Stowers is the best half in the comp. He had a bad ankle injury but was better than Waetford in Vulcans before getting injured.
Better option than Sam Cook for NSW Cup imo. (or better option than tuimavave).

I have only seen two pt chev tv games.
Sorenson, Tane rapira, Troy Brown, Jeremiah Pai - they must have serious injruies or coach favourites and those players offer little.
What happened to Tevita Latu & Pat Sipley.

slaughterhouse.sa

just watching howick playing pt chev and saw big trent bishop playing lock

always rated him playing in the warriors 20's

is he not getting a run at all with the nsw sup side ??

Yeah did you see the size of him....he is playing as a third prop.
Very strong runner - but didnt quite have the skills as a hooker.

Was a Ackland favourite,,, then was shafted from him.

But your right they should invite these graduates to training and keep them hungry.
Both Bishop and Malu carrying much too much weight.

Weno

Weno

I thought I read somewhere that he was playing local league for a West Auckland club while waiting to sort something out that was in front of the courts resulting from a bit of misadventure while out on the town. He's from Waitemata Rugby so he could be playing for the Waitemata league club but he wouldn't have been up against Glenfield as there's no Westie teams in the Phelan and there is no Glen Innes team or club. Waitemata and Glenora are this brothers juniors clubs and he may have played some junior footy for them as well. The family home will still be in that area too. There's a Siosi Luaki on some old team sheets for Waitemata, could be him.
Thank you viking, must of been Waitemata I was watching. Not to clued up on Auckland footy,wish I could get up there and watch it every week end. Only know the teams Maori tv televise.Spitting image of Sione Luaki carrying a bit of weight these days if it is him. If it is Siosi, he is a beast of a player like his brothers .

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
ARL ROUND 10
FOX
Fox Rnd 10

SHARMAN
Sharman Rnd 10

Viking

Viking

Thank you viking, must of been Waitemata I was watching. Not to clued up on Auckland footy,wish I could get up there and watch it every week end. Only know the teams Maori tv televise.Spitting image of Sione Luaki carrying a bit of weight these days if it is him. If it is Siosi, he is a beast of a player like his brothers .

Here's the charge he's up for: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...l-Blacks-loosie-Sione-Lauaki-appears-in-court

It probably was Sione you saw playing maybe going by the name Siosi? I think it may have been my brother in law, who's an old Waitemata player, that told me about Sione having a run with their prems side cos I can't find anything on net about it but certainly remember reading or hearing about it. Not a smart move if he hasn't sorted out his medical problems. He played for the Pacific Barbarians against Tonga in RU at Mt Smart last month so maybe his health isn't that bad.

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
What area were you in? Date? 5th July?
Here's the charge he's up for: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...l-Blacks-loosie-Sione-Lauaki-appears-in-court

It probably was Sione you saw playing maybe going by the name Siosi? I think it may have been my brother in law, who's an old Waitemata player, that told me about Sione having a run with their prems side cos I can't find anything on net about it but certainly remember reading or hearing about it. Not a smart move if he hasn't sorted out his medical problems. He played for the Pacific Barbarians against Tonga in RU at Mt Smart last month so maybe his health isn't that bad.
Waitemata Seagulls Prems team pic from last month...

10325553 664759753613119 8903093842761710696 n

warriors4eva

just wondering how many of the boys from the fox get a shot at nsw cup ??

i realise the odd cup or nyc player may drop down to the fox on occassion but how many of the fox standouts get a crack with nsw side ??

i watched the pt chev game yesteday and thought the fullback was pretty sharp. Sorry i wont even try to spell his name.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
just wondering how many of the boys from the fox get a shot at nsw cup ??

i realise the odd cup or nyc player may drop down to the fox on occassion but how many of the fox standouts get a crack with nsw side ??

i watched the pt chev game yesteday and thought the fullback was pretty sharp. Sorry i wont even try to spell his name.
Siua Otunuku?

With the NSWRL Cup team being swallowed by the Warriors you will see less and less players from the NZ domestic scene playing. As far as Im aware its only Upu Poching and Jarrod Tua who play in the Reserve Grade but arent part of the Warriors squad. Think also Steve Waetford. Even their positions are safe with only injuries, form or suspensions allowing them to play. Warriors could easily fill the team with fringe first graders and NYC players if they chose to...