General 2014 Auckland Rugby League Competition

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Just a thread to keep people updated about the new 2014 ARL season. Phelan started a couple weeks ago but the Sharman and Fox got underway just yesterday.

Be bringing you results and the weeks upcoming draw. First up just a look at the clubs that make up the different grades and their sponsors...

1463517_10154011888875360_1504248824_n.jpg
1969128_10154016168580360_1351456898_n.jpg
1975046_10154016169995360_2034440668_n (1).jpg

ROUND 1 RESULTS
FOX
Fox Rnd 1.png
SHARMAN
Sharman Cup Rnd 1.png
ROUND 3 RESULTS
PHELAN
Phelan Rnd 3.png

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012
FOX MEMORIAL ROUND 3 RESULTS
View attachment 8938
View attachment 8937

SHARMAN CUP ROUND 3 RESULTS
View attachment 8940
View attachment 8939
Phelan Shield results yet to be confirmed. Will update ASAP...
Also think ARL should get rid of Phelan Shield.
Better of having two premier comps.

Richmond will go straight back down IMO

Is it still gonna come on Maori Television?

On paper Pt Chev and Mt Albert are strong as ever.
Howick have the best spine.

Papakura on paper should make the four but I reckon Otahuhu or Northcote might sneak into the four.
Papakura dont ahve any soul

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Also think ARL should get rid of Phelan Shield.
Better of having two premier comps.

Richmond will go straight back down IMO

Is it still gonna come on Maori Television?

On paper Pt Chev and Mt Albert are strong as ever.
Howick have the best spine.

Papakura on paper should make the four but I reckon Otahuhu or Northcote might sneak into the four.
Papakura dont ahve any soul
I heard there was a fall out at Richmond over match payments and the training methods they have been using - some players thought they were fatigued from over training?A few of them looked sluggish against us the other week. .

Schedule is out for TV games - we got Mt Albert first up at home - great lol - Niuvao taka carved us yesterday ,beast on the edge.

Howick have the best spine IMO but a weak pack - glenora hammered them up the middle the other week, Phil Leulaui an Jason Williams lead the bears pack.

I can see Pt Chev up there again - they have spent enough $ on transfer fees, i think only Kura equals them, probably Howick after that; Mt Albert looked good yesterday (haven't bought much players in this year) - but if they suffer injuries to the core who are on good $ ,there's nothing in there reserves to back up - lions premz spanked us good but there reserves just came back to draw against us - dodgy ref calls lol ,says a bit.

My $ on Northcote being the dark horse IMO Sam cook is directing them well out there and have a lot of youth an enthusiasm this year - as long as they aren't hit with key injuries.

To much dramas at Kura off the field I hear - Blackmore has made some key changes to turn the culture around but man the $ is to good out there with the payment scale lol that soul bro is probably all the outsiders they have brought in for $ who aren't from there lmao.

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012
I heard there was a fall out at Richmond over match payments and the training methods they have been using - some players thought they were fatigued from over training?A few of them looked sluggish against us the other week. .

Schedule is out for TV games - we got Mt Albert first up at home - great lol - Niuvao taka carved us yesterday ,beast on the edge.

Howick have the best spine IMO but a weak pack - glenora hammered them up the middle the other week, Phil Leulaui an Jason Williams lead the bears pack.

I can see Pt Chev up there again - they have spent enough $ on transfer fees, i think only Kura equals them, probably Howick after that; Mt Albert looked good yesterday (haven't bought much players in this year) - but if they suffer injuries to the core who are on good $ ,there's nothing in there reserves to back up - lions premz spanked us good but there reserves just came back to draw against us - dodgy ref calls lol ,says a bit.

My $ on Northcote being the dark horse IMO Sam cook is directing them well out there and have a lot of youth an enthusiasm this year - as long as they aren't hit with key injuries.

To much dramas at Kura off the field I hear - Blackmore has made some key changes to turn the culture around but man the $ is to good out there with the payment scale lol that soul bro is probably all the outsiders they have brought in for $ who aren't from there lmao.
Yeah the players can blame it one the training but the squad isn't good enough for Fox.
Richmond did no recruiting - For them even recruiting old players back to the club.
They will have to getup against Marist - or else they are GOOOONE.

Mt Albert have spent enough money on transfers in the past decade - probably 2x as much as any other club.
They dont appear but have a look through their reserve grade and they will have plenty of transfers.

Niuvao Taka is a good pickup he is a beast at this level - even if he is playing hungover.
Your right dont think Howick can win it with old Tony Tuia - they need a few young quick forwards too.

Pt Chev spend more than transfer fees like Papakura they will have a huge bill each week.
Papakura will implode IMO

Buck777

Please fill in...havent been able to get out there on the weekend yet due to work.
the underbelly of the local comp.

Richmond lent 3 players to pt chev last year because they were in the warriors development squad - but the deal is they have to play fox. Since Richmond was sharmen they 'lent' the players to their neighbours.

So then Richmond wins the sharmen and this year are in the fox. They ask for their players back of course now that they qualify for the warriors stipulations. None of the 3 want to go back because they want to stay close to Stacy ( who is their ticket into the juniors ). Pt Chev then says it's best for the players future that they stay!!

So Richmond hit Point with a $7000 transfer fee times 3, thinking Pt Chev will baulk at that. Point pay it without batting an eyelid - $21000 from the warriors development coffers Im told.

So Pt becomes the power broker in the comp. Richmond will prob go back down as you rightly predicted and the cycle continues.
Stacy is getting good support from Pt sponsors ( including subway ) and he's loading his team with the cream from the other clubs - and seemingly getting the warriors to pay!
I can understand the players- Stacy is the oracle that can get them to the big time.
Some very unhappy campers at Richmond. It's actually split families.
I'm told they won't 'lend' another player to the pirates for a long time to come - or until Stacy's association comes to an end with the club

Last edited by a moderator:

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012
the underbelly of the local comp.

Richmond lent 3 players to pt chev last year because they were in the warriors development squad - but the deal is they have to play fox. Since Richmond was sharmen they 'lent' the players to their neighbours.

So then Richmond wins the sharmen and this year are in the fox. They ask for their players back of course now that they qualify for the warriors stipulations. None of the 3 want to go back because they want to stay close to Stacy ( who is their ticket into the juniors ). Pt Chev then says it's best for the players future that they stay!!

So Richmond hit Point with a $7000 transfer fee times 3, thinking Pt Chev will baulk at that. Point pay it without batting an eyelid - $21000 from the warriors development coffers Im told.

So Pt becomes the power broker in the comp. Richmond will prob go back down as you rightly predicted and the cycle continues.
Stacy is getting good support from Pt sponsors ( including subway ) and he's loading his team with the cream from the other clubs - and seemingly getting the warriors to pay!
I can understand the players- Stacy is the oracle that can get them to the big time.
Some very unhappy campers at Richmond. It's actually split families.
I'm told they won't 'lend' another player to the pirates for a long time to come - or until Stacy's association comes to an end with the club
I dont wanna be a know all - but I can see some BS thrown up in what I am sure is some anger and MISINFORMATION.
There are plenty of positive people at Richmond - I read that great story about no drinking etc.

However im big on clubs taking ownership themselves instead blaming it on other clubs for losing players.
There are no it alls at every club - who become anti warriors or anti-ARL or wannabe Gus goulds lol.

Firstly What three Richmond junior 20s players play for Pt Chev now??
I jumped on the ARL to look at their teamlists.

Toafoa Sipley is the only I can tell - however he played for Richmond prems last year when they were in Sharman.
HE was in the NYC squad last year so Warriors didnt care he was in Sharman last year.
He should play NYC most of the year anyway.

Dont blame him for going to play with his brother - Pat Sipley.
They do have guys like Malo Solomona and Arden Mccarthy but those guys havent played there in years.

On the ARL website it says the transfers fees are 3500 maximum for Junior Kiwis or NZ Reps.
So 7K is made up. No way would warriors pay that.

They wouldnt need to Pt Chev have some massive sponsors - have heard the rumours they had more sponsors than the Vuclans did.
Stacey Jones alongside Wiki probably our two most popular players ever. He would know plenty of businesses.
No doubt Jones and Guttenbeil helped give them profile etc. Good on him - wish more former players lend they support like that.

However these days Im sure Jones is worried about putting the cream of the crop into his own Jnrs team. The team he actually coaches.

Brad Abbey is he from Richmond - is he still at the club. Because he is probably one of the biggest stars.Havent seen him named for Point Chev.

Richmond haven been lending players for years. Just like they were broke for years.
They used to get bailed out by ARL because apparent McGregor was a richmond junior.

I hope they stay up in the Fox. Proud club with heaps of history.
Sad its split families richmond is built on families - alot of those families I doubt even live in the Grey Lynn area anymore.

To an outsider looks like richmond thought the same squad they had last year would cut in Fox.
Clearly its not. Whenever you step up a division - some players are suited to a certain level.
Now everybody looking for excuses. Should just focus on trying to beat Marist and/or Mangere East.

You think they could of picked up a few Bay Roskill players when they got demoted.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
On the ARL website it says the transfers fees are 3500 maximum for Junior Kiwis or NZ Reps.
So 7K is made up. No way would warriors pay that.
$7000 does sound crazy. You would only get that if an Aussie based team signed them to NYC.

The prems rule only came in this year as far as I know. It was something Jones insisted on. Play prems in Fox or you wont be considered.

Some of the information Buck777 has posted maybe off but theres a fire there somewhere with all that smoke and Stacey is having an influence on teams players are going to. Hints and a nudge more than straight out telling them. That much I have heard from a few horses mouths.

Reality is this sort of seedy shit has been going on for years. How do you think the Lions have been so successful with such a poor youth base. All about the money and a lot of it gets passed over in brown envelopes...

Buck777

Yep lot in that!! I can't reply point by point due to having to get some sleep before getting up early lol.
I've heard from a number of people there is a general unhappiness about how Pt Chev has a seemingly unfair advantage because of Stacy Jones.
Remember - the ARL disqualified Pt Chev aka Stacy and Arwin from the finals a couple of seasons ago for cheating and stacking the team. It's funny because the same person who was defending Pt Chevs actions then was furious about what they did to the Richmond players now. But really , in my opinion, they got caught cheating then - and nothing's changed, except that SJ has even more influence now than then.
Why would a club in a domestic comp in Auckland put up $21,000 transfer for three players from another Auckland club? There has to be a kick back somewhere - or the warriors are subsidising it through Stacy. The proof of the pudding is how well Point does. Pt Chev would almost have zero players who live in the area they cover. They are the roosters of the ARL lol. Yes admittedly Richmond too is fast shrinking as villas in grey Lynn go for 2 mill. One of the ex Richmond players that transferred to Pt Chev though still does still lives in GL- but yeah as time goes on this will disappear.
Personally I think Stacy needs to cut all ties to Pt Chev whilst he's in the role he's in at the Warriors. This never happened with Ackland. He never favoured Mt Albert players or tried to manipulate the club comp. All he and Iro stipulated was the player on the dev squad had to play Fox, which is a fair call.
I'm not a diehard Richmond boy. I played for them for a couple of years, played for Mt Albert, played for Roskill juniors and my old man played for Pt Chev lol. But I don't like what Stacy is doing. I liked he revived a dying club - which it was - but I like that fact that all clubs should play on a even playing field, otherwise it's just like manly in the old days - having a bench that's better than most clubs teams.
Do we want a healthy club comp that's fair ? I do. Because that's where the next SJ ( Shaun Johnson ) will come from.
Btw I only know two of the three players and it wasn't who you mentioned. Richmond is a fiercely loyal club. It's based on family which can be it's downfall. The three they lent were to them 'family' but you and I know to others they are just potential $$.
The question I ask is ( and I don't know the answer ) what does a club get from the Warriors or another NRL club if their player hits the stratosphere? If Pt Chev has it's team stacked with potential juniors or vulcans - do they get $$ for that?

Last edited by a moderator:

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012
$7000 does sound crazy. You would only get that if an Aussie based team signed them to NYC.

The prems rule only came in this year as far as I know. It was something Jones insisted on. Play prems in Fox or you wont be considered.

Some of the information Buck777 has posted maybe off but theres a fire there somewhere with all that smoke and Stacey is having an influence on teams players are going to. Hints and a nudge more than straight out telling them. That much I have heard from a few horses mouths.

Reality is this sort of seedy shit has been going on for years. How do you think the Lions have been so successful with such a poor youth base. All about the money and a lot of it gets passed over in brown envelopes...
Im really against players transfers?? Clubs dont own players, its an amateur sport should be able to play for who ever they want to.

Prems Rule makes sense - Sharman quality is terrible these days.
However arent some of those players that young - they wont be able to play prems.

I doubt the Warriors would want players going to Pt Chev and Mt Albert to play reserves.
They would be in many instances better of gettings youngsters to play for teams like Glenora, Marist and Mangere so they could get a run.

End of the day - players needs to look after themselves.Go somewhere where they feel they are going to play well and PLAY.
They arent going to pick you - if you play for a rubbish team or if you are playing reserves.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Buck777

Im really against players transfers?? Clubs dont own players, its an amateur sport should be able to play for who ever they want to.

However arent some of those players that young - they wont be able to play prems.

I doubt the Warriors would want players going to Pt Chev and Mt Albert to play reserves.

End of the day - players needs to look after themselves.Go somewhere where they feel they are going to play well and PLAY.
They arent going to pick you - if you play for a rubbish team or if you are playing reserves.
I agree with most of your points - but in my original post I was saying that the players don't want to go back to Richmond, a team in the Fox, for political reasons. They want to stay as close as possible to Stacy Jones and that's perceived , rightly or wrongly, as staying with Pt Chev as Stacy is still strongly linked there. That's what's gutting Richmond.
But I agree - if you are a fringe player in the warriors development squad you have some serious competition to get discovered. I was just watching ex Richmond boy Gavet talking and he even admitted it was a fluke he got discovered by a scout

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Its fair compensation for the smaller and poorer clubs who develop these players from the age of 4-5. You put a bit of money into developing prem ready players from about 14-16 on. Might be small compared to some clubs but its heaps when your struggling.

If it didnt exist we may as well do away with the whole competition and just let the Lions, Pirates and Hornets play for the Fox. They pretty much already do. The other clubs wouldnt stand a chance at all and may as well all play in the Sharman Cup. The fee ensures that the richer clubs wont just completely rape other clubs so they can stockpile their prems, reserves and U18 teams. Also its a vital cash line for some clubs that are running on the smell of an oily rag.

As I understand it its prems or nothing. I have no worries at all about that and I actually like it. You look at Ben Matulino and Russell Packer who were playing Bartercard at 16-17. Kevin Locke was playing prems at 16-17. Stacey Jones himself debuted at 18. I know Otablu prems would love to have Lisone playing and he'd make the cut any day of the year. It obviously wont suit some players but I believe the evidence shows that those that can step up tend to be the real keepers long term. If NYC players genuinely want to play NRL then they may as well start playing with the big boys now cause they will be playing with big men in 2-3 years. Even if its only in the Reserve Grade...

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012
Yep lot in that!! I can't reply point by point due to having to get some sleep before getting up early lol.
I've heard from a number of people there is a general unhappiness about how Pt Chev has a seemingly unfair advantage because of Stacy Jones.
Remember - the ARL disqualified Pt Chev aka Stacy and Arwin from the finals a couple of seasons ago for cheating and stacking the team. It's funny because the same person who was defending Pt Chevs actions then was furious about what they did to the Richmond players now. But really , in my opinion, they got caught cheating then - and nothing's changed, except that SJ has even more influence now than then.

Why would a club in a domestic comp in Auckland put up $21,000 transfer for three players from another Auckland club? There has to be a kick back somewhere - or the warriors are subsidising it through Stacy. The proof of the pudding is how well Point does. Pt Chev would almost have zero players who live in the area they cover. They are the roosters of the ARL lol. Yes admittedly Richmond too is fast shrinking as villas in grey Lynn go for 2 mill. One of the ex Richmond players that transferred to Pt Chev though still does still lives in GL- but yeah as time goes on this will disappear.

Personally I think Stacy needs to cut all ties to Pt Chev whilst he's in the role he's in at the Warriors. This never happened with Ackland. He never favoured Mt Albert players or tried to manipulate the club comp. All he and Iro stipulated was the player on the dev squad had to play Fox, which is a fair call.

I'm not a diehard Richmond boy. I played for them for a couple of years, played for Mt Albert, played for Roskill juniors and my old man played for Pt Chev lol. But I don't like what Stacy is doing. I liked he revived a dying club - which it was - but I like that fact that all clubs should play on a even playing field, otherwise it's just like manly in the old days - having a bench that's better than most clubs teams.
Do we want a healthy club comp that's fair ? I do. Because that's where the next SJ ( Shaun Johnson ) will come from.

Btw I only know two of the three players and it wasn't who you mentioned. Richmond is a fiercely loyal club. It's based on family which can be it's downfall. The three they lent were to them 'family' but you and I know to others they are just potential $$

The question I ask is ( and I don't know the answer ) what does a club get from the Warriors or another NRL club if their player hits the stratosphere? If Pt Chev has it's team stacked with potential juniors or vulcans - do they get $$ for that?
-
Like I said I dont believe there is such thing as a 7000 transfer fee.
I just checked the rules - doesnt exist - so Richmond either ripped off Pt Chev or they talking tall tales.
So a max of 3K - 9 thousand - clubs would pay that if the players are good enough.

Talkig about kickbacks or anything else again is making excuses for mine.

Who are the players???
Name them because I dont see a big influx of Warriors played to Pt Chev.
They are quality senior players.

I just seen even a 2nd Div team in ellerslie must of paid big money to get Willie Peace there.
So teams to pay for players.

BS - Ackland actually told a few richmond players to go to Mt Albert.
They ended up struggling to even make the reserves and you never heard of them.

Ikinofo - struggled to make reserves for Mt Albert, so never made Junior side - now playing for Knights NSW cup.
Sam Lousi, Likilki ended up playing for Mt Albert too.

I hope Pt Chev get knocked off the top. I also think they are stacked.
However the only way to do that - is to beat them on the field.

Teams like Mt Albert, Howick, Papakura, Northcote & Otahuhu all in a position to knock them off.

Im pretty sure that Assistant Coach Ricky Henry is a Richmond old boy. He was there coach a few years back.

I dont know Richmond coach, or directors/old boys.
But for mine heat is on - three games in, they arent good enough and now looking for excuses.

Buck777

-

BS - Ackland actually told a few richmond players to go to Mt Albert.
They ended up struggling to even make the reserves and you never heard of them.

I hope Pt Chev get knocked off the top. I also think they are stacked.
However the only way to do that - is to beat them on the field.

Teams like Mt Albert, Howick, Papakura, Northcote & Otahuhu all in a position to knock them off.
I never heard of Ackland saying that - my uncle is the secretary of the lions - so I'll put that to him next week - I doubt it though. The $7000 is on the money. Know the dad of one of them and he can't believe it. A transfer is based on more than what the ARL stipulates. It's also based on the agreement the player(s) were lent to the club. Richmond actually thought point wouldn't want to pay it, but they did. Actually Richmond didn't want the money but decided to make a statement. I'll talk my mate today and ask of he's ok I give the names out who transferred.
I hope Pt Chev do get knocked over. They are a club that's been caught cheating before and need to be given a lesson in honour.

slaughterhouse.sa

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2012
Lol I thought that was common knowledge. He was even more direct than Jones...
Yeah but what was dumb it was so obvious and dumb.
Why on earth would you want to play at the most stacked, ruthless Fox side?
You would have to be a dumbass junior warriors to listen to Ackers.

Likewise you woudl be dumb to transfer to Pt Chev - they are too tough to get into.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
I hope Pt Chev do get knocked over. They are a club that's been caught cheating before and need to be given a lesson in honour.
With you on that one Buck. Hate what they did in 2012 to the Sea Eagles. Who the hell loses 102 nil to the Saints lol. Fucking cheating scumbags. Pity they have such strong sponsorship. They very nearly lost it all after that incident if Stacey didnt step back into the club.

Mind you I hate the Lions too Buck so sorry :p:p:p...

Upcoming Match

Penrith Panthers Campbelltown Stadium

Last Game

30 May

18 - 00
7.1 Total Avg Rating
7.3 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 5.7
    Peta Hiku

Compiled from 31 ratings