Internationals 2014 Anzac test

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Good game, good effort, the forwards well out played their opposites, the backs uhh .. The fuck were Beale and nightingale doing out there, are they not supposed to be experienced professionals, Manu and Ropo would have been sitting at home shaking their heads at that left side defensive effort.

Johnson was fantastic as a one man band, lost his way a bit when John came on, huge ask for him to keep it up for 80 minutes on his own though.

Havili is definitely worth more game time than the warriors have been giving him, you could tell the Aussies were rattled, questioning every refs call, Gallen lying in and pulling out all his slow the play the ball tricks.

Chose the right team Steve, few less errors + foran and Luke and their getting somewhere.

JWH can stay on the outer.

Reactions: Hmmmteresting
snake77

snake77

Well my Kiwis jersey I brought during the world cup doesn't feel as much of a waste of money as it did then.

Did us proud considering usually closer to full strength the score is a lot worse. Ray Warren saying Kearney was disrespecting test match football with that squad. I doubt there will be any apologies from Warren to Kearney.

Second half was a shame but they didn't capitulate like has happened in the past and get run over with constant tries.

Havili looked quite good; hopefully next week we get to use him as a dummy half.

Marshthedarsh

Never going to win.....don't know what you were watching....they had Australia in trouble till Hiku's inexperience got to him.

We were well in this.

It's nothing like the thrashings we've copped in the past.

Oh we had every chance to win that game as it was played. But unfortunately we didn't. We played so well and I am so proud of the team. However very few expected that much from our performance - and Australia are too clinical to have lost that regardless of how we played. I thought the game would play out in a similar fashion - and it did.

No we were never going to win that. Of course hindsight is easy, but the script seems to play out every year. We start well and shock them, but always fall away in the second. Sometimes it blows out, other times we hang in there but fall short.

I'm speaking from pre match of course, If we had won that it would have shocked the world more than 2008. But after watching the game you wouldn't be surprised if we had won.

But we didn't. We lost as was expected = equilibrium is restored. We had every chance to win during the game - but we were never going to.

mode81

mode81

Way to go Kiwis you made the kangaroos look average, all those old blokes were getting hit hard and they didn't like it, love it , just a bit of finesse and polish and these young boys are farkin awesome.

Glad none of our Warrior boys got injured they all played brilliant even Havili and Benry

Defence

Defence

Proud of them.
Bromwich, moa- outstanding
Mannering( so strong- loved it when he smashed Scott)
Johnson ( looked good playing both sides of the park)
havilli ( give this boy some game time at 9, he's the real deal.
proctor ( got to admit he looked good running off Johnson hmm)
Blair( some massive defensive plays)
Taupau ( beast- always thought he had more going for him than kasiano coming though the grades)
Whare ( that hit on inglis- massive highlight)
Futures so bright I gotta wear shades.:cool:

rapt91

Oh we had every chance to win that game as it was played. But unfortunately we didn't. We played so well and I am so proud of the team. However very few expected that much from our performance - and Australia are too clinical to have lost that regardless of how we played. I thought the game would play out in a similar fashion - and it did.

No we were never going to win that. Of course hindsight is easy, but the script seems to play out every year. We start well and shock them, but always fall away in the second. Sometimes it blows out, other times we hang in there but fall short.

I'm speaking from pre match of course, If we had won that it would have shocked the world more than 2008. But after watching the game you wouldn't be surprised if we had won.

But we didn't. We lost as was expected = equilibrium is restored. We had every chance to win during the game - but we were never going to.

I agree in principle with a fair bit of this, with our history, we needed more then a 6 point lead at half time as no one can deny that every year we leak points in the 2nd half, the forwards were a highlight considering they bruised and rattled the aussies, still cannot stand there arrogance however

rik13

Proud of the boys ... All played well . Interesting to see the penalty count . Always get ripped . Roll on nrl season

Harlz

Harlz

Imagine a fit hurrell in that kiwis side come 4 nations, he wud b a match winner! Proud performance from the brothers!

Reactions: KPWarrior

rapt91

Imagine a fit hurrell in that kiwis side come 4 nations, he wud b a match winner! Proud performance from the brothers!

isn't Hurrell declared for Tonga? do correct me if im wrong as I can't remember haha