Internationals 2013 Rugby League World cup Groupings

BigD_old

If we all make it Past December 2012

the 2013 Rugby League World Cup Group Format looks like so

Courtesy of https://www.rugbyleagueplanet.com/RLP/Worldcup/2013worldcup.htm

Fourteen teams will be split up into four groups.

Group A - England, Australia, Fiji, Ireland

Group B - New Zealand, France, Papua New Guinea, Samoa

Group C - Scotland, Tonga, European Qualifier ( , , , )

Group D - Wales, Cook Islands, Atlantic qualifier ( , , )

Northern_Union

Yep looking forward it to. Lets hope they can a good profit like the last one so they spend millions on development officers as they are now doing around the world. And the Kiwis to go back to back as world champions.

LordGnome_old

If we all make it Past December 2012

the 2013 Rugby League World Cup Group Format looks like so

Courtesy of https://www.rugbyleagueplanet.com/RLP/Worldcup/2013worldcup.htm

Fourteen teams will be split up into four groups.

Group A - England, Australia, Fiji, Ireland

Group B - New Zealand, France, Papua New Guinea, Samoa

Group C - Scotland, Tonga, European Qualifier ( , , , )

Group D - Wales, Cook Islands, Atlantic qualifier ( , , )

Is it the same format as last time?

fanrrior_old

how does it work? cause i just naturaly presume kiwi's are going to vs au in the finals

Jesbass_old

how does it work? cause i just naturaly presume kiwi's are going to vs au in the finals

Presumably...

Each team will play every other team in its group once.

The top two ranked teams from each group will proceed to the quarters, and the knock outs will go from there to the semis and then the big dance.

fanrrior_old

ahhhh so thats how it works. Can every country join(my dream) or do they have to win a minor championship first.

Jesbass_old

ahhhh so thats how it works. Can every country join(my dream) or do they have to win a minor championship first.

Some teams will get in automatically: New Zealand, Australia, England...maybe some others, though I'm not sure who.

The rest would have to qualify, I think.

As you can see in Groups C and D, they're waiting on someone to win the European and Atlantic qualifiers respectively.

danpatmac_old

Presumably...

Each team will play every other team in its group once.

The top two ranked teams from each group will proceed to the quarters, and the knock outs will go from there to the semis and then the big dance.

All teams in each group play each other then top THREE in group A and B go with top ONE from groups C and D to make the EIGHT for quarters... if that make sense?

Jesbass_old

All teams in each group play each other then top THREE in group A and B go with top ONE from groups C and D to make the EIGHT for quarters... if that make sense?

That's certainly a lot better for the weaker nations in Groups A and B - at least they now have a chance of progressing.