Gameday 2024 Trial 1 - Warriors vs Wests Tigers

He is 189cm so not short. Funny how some of our backs are tall with Kosi 193cm and berry 191cm yet plenty of shorter forwards.
The shorter stocky forwards seem to work for Penrith, hoping we've got the right mix of body sizes coming through to replicate their success. Don't know what we're going to do about a Nathan Cleary equivalent though. How about Nathan Cleary? Come home Chin.

The shorter stocky forwards seem to work for Penrith, hoping we've got the right mix of body sizes coming through to replicate their success. Don't know what we're going to do about a Nathan Cleary equivalent though. How about Nathan Cleary? Come home Chin.
Some of the panther back rowers are huge though with Eisenhuth and Yeo. They seem to favour shorter props but still have the height in the forwards. Hopefully Tupouniua becomes a FG player.

Game was interesting the young fellas showed us some good stuff... still a while away IMO.
One off games is one thing but are they ready maintain the high intensity level week in and week out.
I guess I'll leave that for Webby to decide.

The 'who plays 6' argument to me is feeling quite simple following this game - and, it's whoever is best suited to feeding RTS.

Although I suspect Metcalf will get first crack at 6, I do think TMM is the best man to manage left running shape.

It would be a devastating attack though if Metcalf were able to develop a passing game - quite possibly unstoppable if they got it together.

That combination though of RTS / Montoya is going to require a nickname - Based on today, The Bruise Brothers would fit!

Halasima And Laban are edges, sifakula’s also best suited for edge as well but I Think he’s the one to take over Harris’s role. Saying that I would be putting Sifakula straight into Fords spot once he’s fit and had a couple cup games
Is Sifakula a chance of playing this season?

Anywhere to find player stats on the game yesterday?

Particularly meters and tackles for RTS, Ale, Bunty and Ali?

The red card thing bugs me, not just our game but union as well.

IMO, there should be a 15 min period of down to 12 or 14 like a yellow then a replacement can be brought on but not the guy sent off.
Foul play should be treated differently but a lot of these cards are for bad technique or are accidental. Can make the game a non event especially if it happens early.

The perp can have a few weeks on the sideline but at least the games would be evenly matched and more of a spectacle

The red card thing bugs me, not just our game but union as well.

IMO, there should be a 15 min period of down to 12 or 14 like a yellow then a replacement can be brought on but not the guy sent off.
Foul play should be treated differently but a lot of these cards are for bad technique or are accidental. Can make the game a non event especially if it happens early.

The perp can have a few weeks on the sideline but at least the games would be evenly matched and more of a spectacle
Good idea. if the whole Vegas thing goes well and they get more gambling money come in then something like this would be really good. Be very easy to bribe a player to do a bad tackle to reduce the side to 12 men.

Anywhere to find player stats on the game yesterday?

Particularly meters and tackles for RTS, Ale, Bunty and Ali?
Doing my best Bruce impersonation…….

RTS: 134m run including 60m post contact (PC)
Ali: 65m (34m PC)
Bunty: 137m (61m PC)
Ale: 156m (82m PC)

Others who ran over 100m:
Montoya: 108m (35m PC)
Ford: 104m (46m PC)
Doyle: 101m (64m PC)

Also, Tupouniua 96m (54m PC)

To contrast that to the Tigers, only two of their players ran for over 100m (Sione Fainu, 149m and Pole, 102m) although our players probably had more time on the field given the sending off of Zyon Maiu’u.

Back