NRL Ladder Predictions 2024

Could be right but I've seen Olam saying Bellamy played him injured last year and he has a point to prove. Those Fainu brothers are going to be elite if they hit their potential. I remember Sezer carving us up one year with the Titans I think it was, might have been the Anzac game we played them last time. Looking at the Drags squad I just can't see where their points come from.

$20 wager on who finishes higher, Benji's boys or Flanno's Flogs?
There's some talk on the Internet that Flanagan really favours his son. And that this is leading to a loss of objectivity in choosing the optimal team line up and acquisitions. He needs to snap out of that in a big hurry if it is true.

There's some talk on the Internet that Flanagan really favours his son. And that this is leading to a loss of objectivity in choosing the optimal team line up and acquisitions. He needs to snap out of that in a big hurry if it is true.
Top teams have Stars , Good form and Depth.
Middle teams have less of what the top teams do
Bottom teams have deficiencies and flaws in there squad with minimal depth

If I were to hazard a guess

Top grouping in no order

Penrith, Brisbane, warriors, roosters, rabbits, storm
Middle Grouping no order
Cowboys, Sharks, Titans, Raiders, Manly, Dogs, Newcastle, Parramatta,
Bottom Grouping in no order
Dragons , Dolphins, Tigers,

Top teams have Stars , Good form and Depth.
Middle teams have less of what the top teams do
Bottom teams have deficiencies and flaws in there squad with minimal depth

If I were to hazard a guess

Top grouping in no order
Penrith, Brisbane, warriors, roosters, rabbits, storm
Middle Grouping no order
Cowboys, Sharks, Titans, Raiders, Manly, Dogs, Newcastle, Parramatta,
Bottom Grouping in no order
Dragons , Dolphins, Tigers,
Thanks Babylon pink your post inspired me. Here is an analysis into the Warriors Stars and Depth for 2023 vs 2024

2023​
2024​
1​
CNKStar
1​
CNKStar
2​
DWZStar
2​
DWZStar
3​
Berry
3​
Berry
4​
Pompey
4​
RTSStar
5​
Montoya
5​
Montoya
6​
TMM
6​
TMM
7​
SJStar
7​
SJStar
8​
AFBStar
8​
AFBStar
9​
Egan
9​
Egan
10​
BarnettStar
10​
BarnettStar
11​
Ford
11​
Ford
12​
NiukoreStar
12​
CapewellStar
13​
HarrisStar
13​
HarrisStar
14​
Walker
14​
Walker
15​
Jazz
15​
Jazz
16​
Curran
16​
Bunty
17​
Bunty
17​
NiukoreStar
18​
KosiDepth
18​
KosiDepth
19​
LussickDepth
19​
LussickDepth
20​
Ali LDepth
20​
Ali LDepth
21​
Tom AleDepth
21​
CHTDepth
22​
MetcalfDepth
22​
Tom AleDepth
23​
TuapikiDepth
23​
MetcalfDepth
24​
SironenDepth 1/2
24​
TuapikiDepth
25​
WilliameSquad
25​
PompeyDepth
26​
VaileaSquad
26​
Maiu'uSquad
27​
VolkmanSquad
27​
LabanSquad
28​
V KepuSquad
28​
SifakulaSquad
29​
SifakulaSquad

Analysis
In 2023 we had 7 Stars and "NRL ready Depth" down to the 24 position in the squad. I would argue that Sironen was only half way NRL ready so maybe we had depth down to position 23.5 if that makes sense. I have included Niukore as a star even though some of you dispute this. I think he is. And adds a lot through his enforcer presence.

In 2024 we have 9 stars with the arrival of RTS and Capewell Capewell is an SOO player so definitely counts as a star on paper and hopefully he plays well. Our "NRL Ready depth" goes to position 25 instead of 23.5 last year. So our depth has grown by 1.5 players according to my analysis.
Will growing our depth by 1.5 players make a difference. I hope so. There were times when we were really struggling on Tuesday's to name 24 guys on the team sheet.

Disclaimer: this analysis is for entertainment and discussion purposes only and not to be taken overly seriously.

Thanks Babylon pink your post inspired me. Here is an analysis into the Warriors Stars and Depth for 2023 vs 2024

2023​
2024​
1​
CNKStar
1​
CNKStar
2​
DWZStar
2​
DWZStar
3​
Berry
3​
Berry
4​
Pompey
4​
RTSStar
5​
Montoya
5​
Montoya
6​
TMM
6​
TMM
7​
SJStar
7​
SJStar
8​
AFBStar
8​
AFBStar
9​
Egan
9​
Egan
10​
BarnettStar
10​
BarnettStar
11​
Ford
11​
Ford
12​
NiukoreStar
12​
CapewellStar
13​
HarrisStar
13​
HarrisStar
14​
Walker
14​
Walker
15​
Jazz
15​
Jazz
16​
Curran
16​
CHT
17​
Bunty
17​
NiukoreStar
18​
KosiDepth
18​
KosiDepth
19​
LussickDepth
19​
LussickDepth
20​
Ali LDepth
20​
Ali LDepth
21​
Tom AleDepth
21​
BuntyDepth
22​
MetcalfDepth
22​
Tom AleDepth
23​
TuapikiDepth
23​
MetcalfDepth
24​
SironenDepth 1/2
24​
TuapikiDepth
25​
WilliameSquad
25​
PompeyDepth
26​
VaileaSquad
26​
Maiu'uSquad
27​
VolkmanSquad
27​
LabanSquad
28​
V KepuSquad
28​
SifakulaSquad
29​
SifakulaSquad

Analysis
In 2023 we had 7 Stars and "NRL ready Depth" down to the 24 position in the squad. I would argue that Sironen was only half way NRL ready so maybe we had depth down to position 23.5 if that makes sense. I have included Niukore as a star even though some of you dispute this. I think he is. And adds a lot through his enforcer presence.

In 2024 we have 9 stars with the arrival of RTS and Capewell Capewell is an SOO player so definitely counts as a star on paper and hopefully he plays well. Our "NRL Ready depth" goes to position 25 instead of 23.5 last year. So our depth has grown by 1.5 players according to my analysis.
Will growing our depth by 1.5 players make a difference. I hope so. There were times when we were really struggling on Tuesday's to name 24 guys on the team sheet.

Disclaimer: this analysis is for entertainment and discussion purposes only and not to be taken overly seriously.
Hoping Metcalf and Berry go from depth to stars, maybe another bolter like Ali. Pretty good analysis wrighty.

There is a serious lack of halves depth in the squad and starting the season with Kyle at 6 kind of makes sense. The Drags haven't had the best of luck of late with the Volkman situation and although not halves now Allan and Ramsey out for the season.

2023​
2024​
1​
CNKStar
1​
CNKStar
2​
DWZStar
2​
DWZStar
3​
Berry
3​
Berry
4​
Pompey
4​
RTSStar
5​
Montoya
5​
Montoya
6​
TMM
6​
TMM
7​
SJStar
7​
SJStar
8​
AFBStar
8​
AFBStar
9​
Egan
9​
Egan
10​
BarnettStar
10​
BarnettStar
11​
Ford
11​
Ford
12​
NiukoreStar
12​
CapewellStar
13​
HarrisStar
13​
HarrisStar
14​
Walker
14​
Walker
15​
Jazz
15​
Jazz
16​
Curran
16​
Bunty
17​
Bunty
17​
NiukoreStar
18​
KosiDepth
18​
KosiDepth
19​
LussickDepth
19​
LussickDepth
20​
Ali LDepth
20​
Ali LDepth
21​
Tom AleDepth
21​
CHTDepth
22​
MetcalfDepth
22​
Tom AleDepth
23​
TuapikiDepth
23​
MetcalfDepth
24​
SironenDepth 1/2
24​
TuapikiDepth
25​
WilliameSquad
25​
PompeyDepth
26​
VaileaSquad
26​
Maiu'uSquad
27​
VolkmanSquad
27​
LabanSquad
28​
V KepuSquad
28​
SifakulaSquad
29​
SifakulaSquad

Analysis

Great analysis, although I would argue last year Valiea, Williame and Volkman were seen as Depth prior to the season starting.

2023​
2024​
1​
CNKStar
1​
CNKStar
2​
DWZStar
2​
DWZStar
3​
Berry
3​
Berry
4​
Pompey
4​
RTSStar
5​
Montoya
5​
Montoya
6​
TMM
6​
TMM
7​
SJStar
7​
SJStar
8​
AFBStar
8​
AFBStar
9​
Egan
9​
Egan
10​
BarnettStar
10​
BarnettStar
11​
Ford
11​
Ford
12​
NiukoreStar
12​
CapewellStar
13​
HarrisStar
13​
HarrisStar
14​
Walker
14​
Walker
15​
Jazz
15​
Jazz
16​
Curran
16​
Bunty
17​
Bunty
17​
NiukoreStar
18​
KosiDepth
18​
KosiDepth
19​
LussickDepth
19​
LussickDepth
20​
Ali LDepth
20​
Ali LDepth
21​
Tom AleDepth
21​
CHTDepth
22​
MetcalfDepth
22​
Tom AleDepth
23​
TuapikiDepth
23​
MetcalfDepth
24​
SironenDepth 1/2
24​
TuapikiDepth
25​
WilliameSquad
25​
PompeyDepth
26​
VaileaSquad
26​
Maiu'uSquad
27​
VolkmanSquad
27​
LabanSquad
28​
V KepuSquad
28​
SifakulaSquad
29​
SifakulaSquad

Analysis

Walkers not a star?

2023​
Panthers​
1​
Someone will knock them over in the finals this time, but the regular season just seems like a training run for them.​
Warriors​
4​
Fuck it, I said 9 to 12 last year, have seen enough, team is getting a bit old in some places, but all that experience should translate into W after W in the regular season, have concerns about winning finals games against other top teams, will need the home final to keep the ref a little bit honest.​
Broncos​
2​
Capewell and flegler are 2 pretty big outs in the forwards, origin commitments, Reynolds old, overdue for an off field issue – still have mad talentz though​
Rabbitohs​
9​
Pretty stacked, just depends if Latrell feels like turning up this season.​
Roosters​
7​
When is this team going to deliver? Tedesco is like a one-legged man compared to his prime and brandon smith and sam walker flopped big last year.​
Storm​
3​
What’s to say about these dogs, belly just won’t leave, they won’t do anything in finals, forwards are cats outside of NAS, shame for them they can’t just rort and buy in rep forwards anymore cos the spine are taking up the whole salary cap.​
Titans​
14​
Des is good when he’s got a point to prove, before he can ruin the salary cap – giving these jokers a chance this year, there’s always one big improver (souths don’t count)​
Sharks​
6​
No ones scared of them but they score points and win regular season games​
Eels​
10​
It’s a solid team with some good players and zero chance of making another grand final.​
Knights​
5​
Was a bit weird how they suddenly couldn’t loose last year what was that about? mostly the same players and coach as previous years, falling back towards medium averageness again.​
Cowboys​
11​
Bald Fraud Toddy didn’t move on Chud and any improvements will be marginal. Home advantage helps.​
Dolphins​
13​
Moving up steadily but just don’t have the halves or the depth yet.​
Raiders​
8​
Good forwards and a cut snake as coach seems to stop them from every being really, truly bad, some decent teams are going to disappointed with their results.​
Bulldogs​
15​
Did they sign any props yet? No? If you saw the matt burton “is the earth flat” video – can’t have players that stupid in the halves, too dumb to feed. Irrelevant team.​
Dragons​
16​
Ol’ Criminal Shane is better than hook, but his cattle isn’t any better, if Ben Hunt manages to escape – spoon – but if he stays he’s one of the better drag a shit team to some wins players there is.​
Sea Eagles​
12​
Seibold is the biggest fraud going, its never going to happen for Luke Brooks and Lodgey has rode into town​
Wests Tigers​
17​
Ah Benji, its admirable your doing this, it really is, maybe should have taken on more media gigs instead though.​

It’s a hard one to gauge. The Eels, Rabbitohs and Cowboys would be disappointed not to make the 8 and you’d think at least one of them would improve. Inside the 8 the Roosters, Storm and Sharks would think they can do better as well. All have their strengths and weaknesses.

As for us, I honestly don’t know. We are an old team and AFB is leaving but if we can get one more great year out of the likes of SJ and Tohu, AFB and DWZ back up last year with another good one and RTS comeback goes well we can contend.

If all that doesn’t happen we’ll be scrapping to make the 8.

I actually think the Bronco’s might struggle a bit this year. Maybe scrape into the 8 if they’re lucky. Capwell , Flegler and Palesisa all missing from their GF pack and Herbie out wide. They’re big holes to fill.
Not to death ride but they’re only a Reynolds injury away from having the biggest downward slide

I actually think the Bronco’s might struggle a bit this year. Maybe scrape into the 8 if they’re lucky. Capwell , Flegler and Palesisa all missing from their GF pack and Herbie out wide. They’re big holes to fill.
Not to death ride but they’re only a Reynolds injury away from having the biggest downward slide
Kinda agree- that’s some big outs but they do have some amazing talent coming through.
I think hass and carrigan would be bigger losses than Reynolds’s- he rides off the back of them.

2023​
Panthers​
1​
Someone will knock them over in the finals this time, but the regular season just seems like a training run for them.​
Warriors​
4​
Fuck it, I said 9 to 12 last year, have seen enough, team is getting a bit old in some places, but all that experience should translate into W after W in the regular season, have concerns about winning finals games against other top teams, will need the home final to keep the ref a little bit honest.​
Broncos​
2​
Capewell and flegler are 2 pretty big outs in the forwards, origin commitments, Reynolds old, overdue for an off field issue – still have mad talentz though​
Rabbitohs​
9​
Pretty stacked, just depends if Latrell feels like turning up this season.​
Roosters​
7​
When is this team going to deliver? Tedesco is like a one-legged man compared to his prime and brandon smith and sam walker flopped big last year.​
Storm​
3​
What’s to say about these dogs, belly just won’t leave, they won’t do anything in finals, forwards are cats outside of NAS, shame for them they can’t just rort and buy in rep forwards anymore cos the spine are taking up the whole salary cap.​
Titans​
14​
Des is good when he’s got a point to prove, before he can ruin the salary cap – giving these jokers a chance this year, there’s always one big improver (souths don’t count)​
Sharks​
6​
No ones scared of them but they score points and win regular season games​
Eels​
10​
It’s a solid team with some good players and zero chance of making another grand final.​
Knights​
5​
Was a bit weird how they suddenly couldn’t loose last year what was that about? mostly the same players and coach as previous years, falling back towards medium averageness again.​
Cowboys​
11​
Bald Fraud Toddy didn’t move on Chud and any improvements will be marginal. Home advantage helps.​
Dolphins​
13​
Moving up steadily but just don’t have the halves or the depth yet.​
Raiders​
8​
Good forwards and a cut snake as coach seems to stop them from every being really, truly bad, some decent teams are going to disappointed with their results.​
Bulldogs​
15​
Did they sign any props yet? No? If you saw the matt burton “is the earth flat” video – can’t have players that stupid in the halves, too dumb to feed. Irrelevant team.​
Dragons​
16​
Ol’ Criminal Shane is better than hook, but his cattle isn’t any better, if Ben Hunt manages to escape – spoon – but if he stays he’s one of the better drag a shit team to some wins players there is.​
Sea Eagles​
12​
Seibold is the biggest fraud going, its never going to happen for Luke Brooks and Lodgey has rode into town​
Wests Tigers​
17​
Ah Benji, its admirable your doing this, it really is, maybe should have taken on more media gigs instead though.​
I agree mostly with the top 8(only swap the tits with souths) but not the bottom 9 IMHO think the Dragoons will take the spoon(But I could be biased as an old Balmain fanboy back in the day) ..thinking Tigers/Dogs/Eagles/Raiders will fight out the 12-16th spot same for Eels/knights/Cows the same fighting to get into the 8 ...

Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 10.50.50 PM.png

how the TAB sees it >>>

I don't agree >>>

Back