• Other

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
eX | Machina

eX | Machina

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If you think it should be someone else entirety please provide the players name and elaborate on why they are your selection. Feel free to throw in other club player names as well if you feel they could be a realistic option for the Warriors in 2013 and a good fit in general.

Personally I believe Kevin Locke should partner SJ in 2013 and the club should look at retaining Omar Slaimankhel.

Reaction score
Lego_Man

Lego_Man

Illuminatus
Reaction score
Good thread with some interesting options. I'll go with the most likely option - TL.

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
I'll also go with TL. If Fisiiahi had came along how we had hoped I think there would be a case for Locke, however Locke is easily our number one custodian and until that changes we can't afford to move him. TL would be a good foil for Johnson - safe, solid, dependable, experienced, etc.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
TL and it's a total no contest provided that he's fit. There's no way the club will blood a rookie/horribly weaken us at fullback when he's on the way here. I'm cautiously optimistic about TL, I think he will lead the team around the park and SJ will provide all of the flash. Sometimes, we look rudderless with Maloney leading and when he doesn't lead nobody seems to. TL's an experienced campaigner who won't dominate like Maloney, but i think he will allow Johnson to dominate.

Well, that's the hope anyway. Could be an utter disaster just as easily tbh.

Reaction score
Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Wigan haven't looked the same team since Tommy got injured. Granted a lot of that is down to moving Sean O'Loughlin to 6, but we've missed him massively. Personally I thought he would have played at 9, but with Maloney leaving I expect he will go into the halves with Johnson.

Reaction score
fanrrior

fanrrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Wigan haven't looked the same team since Tommy got injured. Granted a lot of that is down to moving Sean O'Loughlin to 6, but we've missed him massively. Personally I thought he would have played at 9, but with Maloney leaving I expect he will go into the halves with Johnson.
Which position do you think he is better in, or rather, make more of an impact for the NZWarriors?

Reaction score
Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Which position do you think he is better in, or rather, make more of an impact for the NZWarriors?
I prefer him at 9 if I'm honest. He played there for most of last season and was superb, but he can do either position to a quality standard.

Reaction score
eX | Machina

eX | Machina

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
^^ My personal opinion is that he's a decent hooker..Not sure how he'll cope in the halves in the NRL to be honest.

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Went with Leuluai simply for the experience to balance out Johnson's youth. We've got him for what - 3 years? I rate Tuimavave for a future option if he doesn't get sick of honing his craft in the Vulcans while he waits for his opportunity, but if he does move on, the idea of Locke moving to half in future sure as hell has merit too.

Reaction score
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If you think it should be someone else entirety please provide the players name and elaborate on why they are your selection. Feel free to throw in other club player names as well if you feel they could be a realistic option for the Warriors in 2013 and a good fit in general.

Personally I believe Kevin Locke should partner SJ in 2013 and the club should look at retaining Omar Slaimankhel.
lol, you emphasise that any other name has to be a realistic option, and you include Jerome Ropati as an option in the poll?? How on earth is he a realistic option? he's not even a 0.1% chance..

also.. it was me who picked him

but my real answer is Leuluai

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
lol, you emphasise that any other name has to be a realistic option, and you include Jerome Ropati as an option in the poll?? How on earth is he a realistic option? he's not even a 0.1% chance..

Haha yeah I thought that too, but there are still people who think J-Ro went alright at 6...so it's not beyond the scope of this particular site.

As for realistic options, I assume he means so people don't suggest JT etc.

Reaction score

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

I would be happy with TL just playing the basic stand-off role, if he brings a solid kicking game, makes his tackles and is a good link man, i'll be happy.

I like the idea of Carlos at 6, because i think a strong running 5/8 would be the perfect partner for SJ, but he has some way to go before he's at first grade level, but the ingredients
are there.

Reaction score
Dankokoro 2.0

Dankokoro 2.0

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Haha yeah I thought that too, but there are still people who think J-Ro went alright at 6...so it's not beyond the scope of this particular site.

oh true bo.. didn't think about that..

But yeah, when was the last time J-ro played at 6? was he a 2009 desperation option for 1 game? that rings a bell.. anyway, imo i've just never seen the skills in him that would make him a good half.. even when he was in good form before knee surgery.

Reaction score
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Reaction score
oh true bo.. didn't think about that..

But yeah, when was the last time J-ro played at 6? was he a 2009 desperation option for 1 game? that rings a bell.. anyway, imo i've just never seen the skills in him that would make him a good half.. even when he was in good form before knee surgery.

Oh yeah he's terrible there, his go-to play was the 'dummy and run' remember? And we used to lol about how he was basically just doing what he did at centre though further infield.

Reaction score

SirtySree

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
TL fits with SJ the best and I see it as a straight replacement for Maloney when the Warriors signed him.

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Who would be a better half than Johnson is a fair Q. to ask on the basis of Johnsons 2012 season.

If he was an Aussie import playing the way he has...i recon the forum knives would be out.

Reaction score
Fazz

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Nice to actually hear from a Wigan fan on TL! All we really have to go on is the odd game on Maori TV and his international performances, which don't help much haha.

Sup42 Sup42 Is totally right. SJ has been patchy at best this year. Some good games here and there, but struggling to be consistent. I think he's playing injured tbh.

Reaction score
eX | Machina

eX | Machina

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

LOL I ran out of options ok gimmi a break. I'd hate to JRo playing in the halves myself!!

Yeah I wanted to see what realistic options the Warriors have, not "we should sign Cooper Cronk or Jonathan Thurston for 5 bags of SBW $$"

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I thought the received wisdom was that if we have a weakness it's at centre so surely Ropati fits there first and foremost - I mean, surely you'd go Neilsen/Ropati/Hurrell/Henry? Or has his form in his first season meant it's now Neilsen/Hurrell/Ropati/Henry??

Anyhow - try Thomas at five eight first. By all means give Locke some time at five eight during the pre-season but if you make the switch permanent who takes over Fullback - Omar or Glen?

We should sign Apiata - as someone recommended yesterday.

Owen Glenn doesn't seem to take any crap and he looks pretty solid - centre option?

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Further: Also that fat Irish guy who wore the Warriors logo on his back a couple of times in 2006. Get him on board. At worst he and his bar band (U2? Who??) could provide the pre-game entertainment.....:D

Top Bottom