Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
The cap is bare, we are not the Roosters.

I'm still waiting for the club to buy the Northern Mystics or Southern Stars so we can start giving big money deals to the WAGs

Cap breaches would be a lot less harsh in the ANZ Premiership than in the Telstra Premiership, Get on it Robbo

I think Papenhyuzens ex played for the Melbourne Storm's Netball team when they were together..
coincidence-i-think-not.gif

Love to see Jordan Riki and may be a possibility cause both and his family speaks highly of the Warriors.
If we managed that I’d be happy to keep Barnett starting front row and shop Curran or Ford if we got him early. Wouldn’t be angry at RFM as a bench prop/second row/lock. Still concerned at the prospect of an AFB injury though.

Ya if next year is the only year we're gonna have a peak SJ/RTS while AFB/Tohu are still playing, then we seriously need to get a prop somehow. Even the owner said 2024 is the year right?

Do all the rebuild stuff from 2025. Any gun props from UK? NZ union No.8/flankers? Jordie? lol

Ya if next year is the only year we're gonna have a peak SJ/RTS while AFB/Tohu are still playing, then we seriously need to get a prop somehow. Even the owner said 2024 is the year right?

Do all the rebuild stuff from 2025. Any gun props from UK? NZ union No.8/flankers? Jordie? lol

I wouldn't mind seeing Akira Ioane in a wahs jersey. Dude is as big as a Haas, Fa'asuamaleaui , Kikau. And twice as fast as any of them. He's got great ball skills and can hit.
His brother would be a dreamy pick up too! But we'd have more chance with Akira.

I wouldn't mind seeing Akira Ioane in a wahs jersey. Dude is as big as a Haas, Fa'asuamaleaui , Kikau. And twice as fast as any of them. He's got great ball skills and can hit.
His brother would be a dreamy pick up too! But we'd have more chance with Akira.

This is exceedingly unrealistic, not a recruitment suggestion more of a wet day-dream, but if we could get Caleb Clarke? oh. my. berry.

I don't watch Union, but I have seen enough to know that DWZ and Clarke fielding kicks and running 'em up would make the South Stand collapse.

And almost better yet, imagine To'o and Clarke on either side for Samoa 💀 That would be an absolute joke

He is apparently a distant cousin though, I wonder how many aunts and uncles I need to talk to to get in his ear about it hahaha

Any out of favor Super rugby No.6/8 stars from union will do, or some disgruntled Wallaby loose forward pissed off by Eddie Jones

Disappointing for the Kiwis but great for the Warriors that SJ won’t be joining the them for the upcoming tests. Interesting when he says in the article that when he signed they said they’d look at it again next season, sounds like if he had another one like this he’d sign again. Feels to me that he’s targeting a title rather than playing for the Kiwis.

Disappointing for the Kiwis but great for the Warriors that SJ won’t be joining the them for the upcoming tests. Interesting when he says in the article that when he signed they said they’d look at it again next season, sounds like if he had another one like this he’d sign again. Feels to me that he’s targeting a title rather than playing for the Kiwis.
That is the best news I have heard all day.We want the kid fresh and ready to hit the ground running next season.

That is the best news I have heard all day.We want the kid fresh and ready to hit the ground running next season.
I would love it if he joined the boys for a pre season again but by the talk of wanting time with family in not playing for the Kiwis, perhaps not? He knows what he needs to do by now if he’s serious about wanting to win a premiership.

Assuming a couple of things e.g. he sorts his hamstrings and keeps developing
Will be interesting to see if he’s let to get to market in November or re signed before. I think he was looked at as primarily a five eighth before and could play fullback in nsw cup, but looks like he probably could be a good halfback and game manager in time too. If he was re signed I’m not sure what that would mean for Volkman, hopefully we’d hold onto him. People say we’ve got too many halves with CHT coming, but perhaps they don’t see him in the halves at all going forward?

Pivoting slightly … any word on the ‘Recruitment’ or appointments of the coaching staff for our 2 additional teams next season? I would have thought the Under 21’s appointment pretty crucial.
Last person there were any public rumours around the Warriors was Micheal Chee Kam and he’s just re signed with the rabbitohs.

Back