Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Would have thought even a game like the dolphins one would have been at least some first grade exposure in a game we obviously weren’t concerned about the result. I’m not sure it came back to bite us as much as perhaps a lack of faith that they could get the job done as far as that prop driven game plan you mentioned. Bunty was putting us under early pressure at the back end of the season with early mistakes in the game and the club seemingly saw Ale’s role as lock more beneficial as far as nsw cup games he played in that position.

Yea, the Titans will be interesting to follow. The big forwards has worked in the past but the game has moved away from that.

Whatever happens they will be a point of difference with a power pack and its if a cheaper spine can convert that dominant territory into points.

They had that same pack this year too! Spine is the most important part of any successful team. Teams that win regularly have great spines or at least one or two super/megastars in one of the spine positions.

Tohu’s body is giving out and we want him to play as our alpha prop?

Not a fan of the prop idea either due to Tohu being the pivot in our ball playing forwards.

I would not write his physical state off too soon either.

Some minor surgery on the knee off season, possibly a later return to the NRL in favor of a full rest and rehab plan, could see him come back like new, only a bit slower than a young guy but robust.

We were talking about Johnson's body being shot earlier this year and that since proved to be grossly overstated.

After years of very average Injury management the Warriors medicos have found the right people and the patience to rehab people properly.

We saw it with Barnett whose neck is pretty buggered, and Metcalfs legs, unfortunately the later has a chronic issue by the looks and that could have been fixed had he come to the Warriors years ago.

Not a fan of the prop idea either due to Tohu being the pivot in our ball playing forwards.

I would not write his physical state off too soon either.

Some minor surgery on the knee off season, possibly a later return to the NRL in favor of a full rest and rehab plan, could see him come back like new, only a bit slower than a young guy but robust.

We were talking about Johnson's body being shot earlier this year and that since proved to be grossly overstated.

After years of very average Injury management the Warriors medicos have found the right people and the patience to rehab people properly.

We saw it with Barnett whose neck is pretty buggered, and Metcalfs legs, unfortunately the later has a chronic issue by the looks and that could have been fixed had he come to the Warriors years ago.

You think RTS can keep his other knee from ACL rupture? Noticed his main stepping knee now has reconstruction after the bad injury before so should be sweet

I know this is very very unlikely and much further down the track but odds on Nathan Cleary following in his father's footsteps and coming to the Warriors in the twilight stages of his career? Him growing up as a diehard Warriors fan, in a podcast he said he dream of playing for the Warriors when he was young I wonder if he would come over.

I know this is very very unlikely and much further down the track but odds on Nathan Cleary following in his father's footsteps and coming to the Warriors in the twilight stages of his career? Him growing up as a diehard Warriors fan, in a podcast he said he dream of playing for the Warriors when he was young I wonder if he would come over.
If Panthers manage to score the threepeat this weekend, playing for the warriors would have to be one his very few unrealized dreams in nrl. I can see him coming down here towards the end of his career.

Seems pretty relevant considering the discussion is around how much we need to recruit a prop (we do). Alternative solutions like moving Tohu to prop (gross) are pretty critical elements to that discussion. Are you an admin? If not maybe you should mind your business champ (y)

I've stated it a few times but it's just so extremely obvious I'll be really disappointed in the org if we don't manage it, we absolutely must recruit a seasoned prop. This is the one position we can't just throw in a junior unless they're the next Haas which none of ours are. If AFB goes down for any real length of time our season is done. Our lack of size in general is problematic.

Not saying we need someone of AFB's level, that's unrealistic. But someone of Lodge's quality is a must (without the shit personality).

Seems pretty relevant considering the discussion is around how much we need to recruit a prop (we do). Alternative solutions like moving Tohu to prop (gross) are pretty critical elements to that discussion. Are you an admin? If not maybe you should mind your business champ (y)

You must be new here?

Front Row forums not doing it for you?

Wading through post after post of irrelevant Jazz and Tohu chat is not recruitment or retention

You must be new here?

Wading through post after post of irrelevant Jazz and Tohu chat is not recruitment or retention

But one affects the other. Signings don't appear in a vacuum (unless you're the Dogs or Tigers) without relevance to the overall top 30 so positional movement within that isn't irrelevant conversation, especially when the two guys being discussed are off contract next year and retention is being discussed.

The only way we can't go a little off topic is if the thread was for official news only - there was a time when we had a thread like that running alongside this one.

You must be new here?

Nah champ, been around a long time. Your whinging is certainly off topic though. Let's keep that to a minimum, cheers. If you have an issue take it up with the admins instead of posting about it. God forbid people want to discuss things on a discussion forum. Especially going into off season where it'll dry up entirely.
Farrrr just imagine if we had Lodge for this season!
Right player wrong personality unfortunately. Looks like he fell apart completely anyway if he couldn't make it at the roosters.

I know it won't happen but Saifiti would round out our squad perfectly for next year.

Who are we realistically going to sign for next year? Would love to see us poaching a Bronco or two is that likely? We have a good relationship with them over releasing Reece Walsh to them.

Back