General 2013 Centres

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
With Neilsen (sp?) on the way and the way Hurrell is playing, where does this leave JRo next year? How long is he contracted for? Unfortunately, as much as I like JRo for what he does off the field for the club, I don't see him getting a start next year other than injury.

Also, I see Benry's future either in the forwards or joining JRo in the Vulcans.

Numbnutsnz

1st Grade Fringe
May 4, 2012
Ropo to be back centre also possible back up full back depending on form of others.

Henry to play a role similar to what Brown plays this year.

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Neilson is a gumby, thats manages to survive in an incredibly well structured team such as the Storm, if you watch them play, they dont invole him much in attacking formations...i think you might have
it the wrong way around, after 4-5 games next season, i can see Neilson in the vulcans, once he shows everyone what he hasn't got. Still a good depth player, not worth the money i suspect he'll be
getting here.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Interesting that the two 'starting' centres from the beginning off this season will probably spend next year playing other positions or in the Vulcans unless there are injuries.

SirtySree

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 11, 2012
Neilson is a gumby, thats manages to survive in an incredibly well structured team such as the Storm, if you watch them play, they dont invole him much in attacking formations...i think you might have
it the wrong way around, after 4-5 games next season, i can see Neilson in the vulcans, once he shows everyone what he hasn't got. Still a good depth player, not worth the money i suspect he'll be
getting here.
I believe the Warriors signed him on the bases of his defense, not his offense. With Hurrell on the other centre, Nielson's role from the Storm to the Warriors won't change much and he will continue doing what he does best.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
getting here.
With concerns raised in the past about the speed of our backs, who is faster, JRo or Neilsen?

Magic Stick

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I wouldnt be surprised if Bluey keeps Henry in the centers,with Hurrell or Neilson to the wing

LoachNZ

Waterboy
May 18, 2012
Melbourne
neilson is so underrated his defence is great which is what we need.. maybe he might pick up his attack at the warriors you never know until you give him a chance

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
Definitely:
2 Tupou
3 Hurrell

Maybe:
4 Nielsen
5 Vatuvei

Or:
4 Nielsen
5 Fish

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
I heard a rumour that Ropo may not return to the field next year, regardless of the contract extension. Not sure if he has made a decision but I heard he was weighing up options. My guess is he will become a TV host or perhaps a comments man.

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Ropati should be back up by my reckoning. Doubt we would have paid big bucks for Nielsen to run out for the Vulcans (mind you, we did with Inu so...) and i just cant see Hurrell anything other than starting. At least we'll have an experienced pro as back up for the centres....unlike this year.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Nielson is the most certain to start , he's a starter for the Storm end of story.....so that's not rocket science

Impossible to pick between Hurrell and Ropati.

Ropati is the favored guy out of the three based on past experience versus Hurrell who is tomorrows Star.

Sports teams can be like Old boys net works ...... same mentality as the Mongrel mob.....Ropati is an OG Hurrell the prospect..... might be served one more stand down to allow Ropo to bow out heroically off one more Injury.

Hitman82

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Wellington
Presuming Hurrell continues in the form he's shown since his debut, no coach in the entire NRL would leave him out of their starting squad.

Reactions: facefacts

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Nielson is the most certain to start , he's a starter for the Storm end of story.....so that's not rocket science

Impossible to pick between Hurrell and Ropati.

Ropati is the favored guy out of the three based on past experience versus Hurrell who is tomorrows Star.

Sports teams can be like Old boys net works ...... same mentality as the Mongrel mob.....Ropati is an OG Hurrell the prospect..... might be served one more stand down to allow Ropo to bow out heroically off one more Injury.
Can you honestly tell me Ropati deserves to start over Hurrell?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Personally I feel the same way hitman , but fark me you just dont wanna count your chickens under the Bluey Ivan Petting Zoo

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Henry is only one great run, or brilliant try, away from changing a lot of peoples minds about him playing center next season. He's already the best defensive center
at the club by some margin, and has some great skills....but i, like most others still need to see that speed and elusiveness before i'm convinced he's got what it
takes to be a regular center.

I dont expect, and haven't seen any more from Neilson, than what Henry is already doing.....Henry is only going to get better, Neilson isn't.

Inruin

.... LOADING ....
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Henry is only one great run, or brilliant try, away from changing a lot of peoples minds about him playing center next season. He's already the best defensive center
at the club by some margin, and has some great skills....but i, like most others still need to see that speed and elusiveness before i'm convinced he's got what it
takes to be a regular center.

I dont expect, and haven't seen any more from Neilson, than what Henry is already doing.....Henry is only going to get better, Neilson isn't.
yes, if henry can develope a running, passing, kicking, line breaking type game i say keep in the centres.

Danpatmac

yes, if henry can develope a running, passing, kicking, line breaking type game i say keep in the centres.
And if he can't run, or line break he is better in the forwards how?

He is not a forward.